• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Platinium Walkthrough

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    whats your opinion?

Cool Or you think it really ruins the game?

I think cool because it helped me get through the caves.

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    If oyu mean in the strategy guide, I didn't really use it
    The only thing I use in the strategy guide is the pokedex section..

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I mean like pokedreams walkthroughs and stuff and yah i am also counting the strategy guide's walkthrough

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Marriland's a dick who has no humor.

The guide book is huge, but it still doesn't have any trainer info, so I found it useless. Although it does tell you where to find the Sinnoh Dex pokemon.

Methuselah

Editor Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I like the things that they choose to do sometimes, or the comments they make on an event, but other than that I believe a journey is much more enjoyable when you work things through on your own. I do use them when I get lost sometimes though, I wont lie.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    The guidebook is gargantuan. Seriously. It's giant. I've threatened to throw it at my brother and he ran out of the room very, very quickly. People stare at it for a good five minutes when my parents force me to let them into my room.

And I use the guidebook mainly for the stickers and the plot (the battle insets are not helpful AT ALL), but go through Marriland's YouTube walkthrough for three reasons: one, because I like narration (his is the only walkthrough that consistently does it), two because I can reread things that I may have missed the first time around, and three because the guidebook is useless for battling and I don't feel like reading stuff every time I get stumped on beating Fantina's Mismagius. [is a failure]

"P-O-K-accent-E Balls!"

Jr. Berry Master

What me worry?
    Years
  • I wouldn't say a walkthrough ruins the game, but (for me) it does take some of the challenge out of the game. One of the main reasons I play games like this is for the little puzzles you need to solve along the way.
    In a couple of different pokemon games I've had to draw maps to figure out how to get through some places (caves...teleport pads). That's part of the fun!

If I get really stuck, in just about any game, I might google for a solution (or walkthrough), but I don't remember ever doing that for a pokemon game...

Back