• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Platinum-Catch Shinies Without the Poke'radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkid0605

Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    I am curious. I was walking in grass after the pokemon league, when I had obtained the poke'radar. I was searching for the birds, when I stumpled upon a Shiny Shinx. I caught it, and it is 100% legit! I didn't use the poke'radar!! I was very surprised. If anyone has anymore information on why this happened, please post away! Thanks!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Yeah you don't need the radar it just increases your chances of finding one via chaining
    if you don't use the radar your chances are like 1/8000+ vs 1/250 for chain 40 pokemon long.
    Grats though I have yet to catch a shiny ever, apart from the shiny red Gyarados in Gold.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    As has been said, it is quite possible to get Shinies without the PokeRadar; the Radar is just an easier and in some cases, faster way of getting them. If you know how to do it effectively.

Since this thread could be covered by two of our current Stickies; the Generation IV Q&A Thread and the Official Shiny Thread, I'll go ahead and close this thread. Please be sure to post any future questions you may have about the Generation IV Pokemon games in the Official Generation IV Q&A Thread and should you wish to share with us any Shiny Pokemon you may have caught, be it by 'Radar or a chance encounter, please use the Official Shiny Thread. ^^

Closes~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back