• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Poli Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
  • Completed Box Art Front to Back

Yo, I finally completed le boxart from front to back!
    Cheers, bro! Pls post it as Poli edition boxart Tnx to mavy42
    Hehehehe! Pls. post it! It's my first boxart y,know!
    I changed the front since I cant' fix Poliwhirl's broken limbs in the first one!
    Hope ya like it!

Last edited:

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
    Years
  • This hack looks very interesting and it's completed already. I never played any hack where you play as a pokemon so definitely I will give it a shot. Congrats!

mavy42

Years
  • XXVIII its a really great game!

A fanbar I made....
    Pls. upload it fast on your thread so i can put it in my sig!

what's your current team so i can train my team....????

Here's my current team!
    I may have late reply cause classes start tom :( :( :O I may reply on Friday, Saturday, Sunday ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord V-Man

Casual modder
    Years
  • what's your current team so i can train my team....????

You can see how I handle the game in my LP, but it really comes down to how you feel about your own game. If you think you need to train, you are free to do so. Anyway, thx for the support tag picture :)

mavy42

Years
  • lord v man the link you put in your banner is wrong...
    i think you should just right click and copy link adress of my banner
    then post it on the thread...

oh! my banner is small. pls delete it on your thread and ill replace it with a new one this saturday... sorry about it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord V-Man

Casual modder
    Years
  • lord v man the link you put in your banner is wrong...
    i think you should just right click and copy link adress of my banner
    then post it on the thread...

I think I did it right this time. Sorry, still new to this interface ;)

Years
  • Wow I love hacks that stars Pokemon as the player!! Well done!
    I just played through your hack. I quite liked it... and now I'll give you some feedback

1. I think this has been mentioned before... but the OWs... haha. None of the Pokemon OWs really caught by attention (except maybe the Magmar). It's impressive that you made those OWs yourself... but it would have been more nice if you just used the PMD OWs.

2. The length..? I think it was a bit short.. (maybe because it was more of a mini-hack than a hack?). Some bits of the storyline... I would have liked to see completed (e.g what happened to the Boss of Team Pike after you defeated him?)

3. Mapping... there were some significant tile errors (I don't know how to upload screenshots =.= so I can't really show them). But being a person that doesn't really care about mapping unless it looks absolutely horrendous, it wasn't much of a huge problem for me... but you might want to fix those haha

4. Humans... I think it would have been better if the hack only consisted of Pokemon and not humans. A Poliwhirl budging into a human company to stop its evil Pokemon boss is a bit weird don't you think...? I think it would have been more suitable if it was Pokemon that ran the company and city... or if it sounds too artificial, maybe the Magmar and its gang has taken over a public forest or something... I dunno haha

5. THOSE DAMN FLASH-NEEDING AREAS!!!!
    I actually almost gave up playing at Dark Cavern... because that confined space of light was SO FRIGGIN ANNOYIN!! :( :( :(... and those annoying Dugtrios. I guess it makes the difficulty of the game to rise a lot... but it was one of the features that really put me off. When it appeared at the top of Pokemon Mansion, I gave up exploring that part... lol

6. TM12 - Hydro Pump. I don't think you have altered the Pokemon capable of learning this move... cuz my Golbat was able to learn Hydro Pump (lol? although it helped me through a lot of battles with the Grunts). I loved the idea where the Mart sold TMs on the second floor by the way.

I think thats about it. Despite the comments I gave above, well done for completing it! I would love to play a sequel of this hack (if you plan to release it...)
    Oh, and some questions: I saw a post on this thread that someone managed to recruit a Gengar into his team?? Where do you find him??
    Also, he evolved the Growlithe to Arcanine... (something I really wanted to do!!). Where do you find the Fire Stone?

Lord V-Man

Casual modder
    Years
  • Wow I love hacks that stars Pokemon as the player!! Well done!
    I just played through your hack. I quite liked it... and now I'll give you some feedback
    Also, he evolved the Growlithe to Arcanine... (something I really wanted to do!!). Where do you find the Fire Stone?

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I don't plan to alter this hack anymore, but I will keep your advice in mind for the sequel (I plan to start on that one during my free time next school year).
    Now let's respond:
    1. Yeah I've been told several times now. Wouldn't have thought it to be such big of a deal, but I do understand the criticism. Something to pay more attention to next time.
    2. It was indeed never intended to be a very long game. I intentionally put in some plot holes to fall back to in the sequel.
    3. I hope you refer to my attempt at shadows in the pokemon villa, otherwise could you be more specific since I don't really know (and would like to know) where I messed up.
    4. It would be possible to put in pokemon only cities and states (although that would require a lot of work), but I used this format to put the big contrast between Poliwhirl and the other pokemon into light. Poliwhirl is very naive and the other pokemon take advantage of that.
    5. Those were indeed put in to make the game harder and slightly more realistic. On hindsight I could have put the Dark Cavern more to the middle of the game, instead of the very first unavoidable dungeon. But the typing there is so very easy to battle against, that I think the original difficulty was successfully balanced out.
    6. Whoops, ah well, enjoy your hydro pumping golbat ;)

Where to find Gengar and the fire stone:
    Spoiler:

Since you finished the game, can you tell me how many badges you have found?

mavy42

Years
  • yo! i finished the game and here are my comments!

story is real good, man!
    game is real hard! you really need to train
    my team: gengar to lvl 49, snorlax to lvl56, poli and fiery to lvl54
    snorlax was the reason why i won! Earthquake!!!!
    i collected 3 badges

Ps: I'm planning my own hack everybody, so a new thread may be spotted here in progressing hacks!

Lord V-Man

Casual modder
    Years
  • yo! i finished the game and here are my comments!

story is real good, man!
    game is real hard! you really need to train
    my team: gengar to lvl 49, snorlax to lvl56, poli and fiery to lvl54
    snorlax was the reason why i won! Earthquake!!!!
    i collected 3 badges

Ps: I'm planning my own hack everybody, so a new thread may be spotted here in progressing hacks!

Thanks for playing my game ^_^
    Good luck with your own hacks!

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2012
    Great hack. i love hacks in which we play as pokemon. So far i played , it was looking great

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2013
    Good idea with no trainer but i don't really like the back colour on the character sprite. Good otherwise though!

Years
  • you cant post in hacks that haven't been posted in in more than a month..

That's true, but in future please just report the post instead of posting in the thread. That way a moderator will see it and be able to close it. Otherwise you're just minimodding, which is also against the rules. Just something to remember in future ;)
    RESHIRAM123, please be sure to read the rules- in Emulation, you can't post in a thread if more than a month has passed since the last post. Only if you're the thread owner with a valid update to post.
    With that in mind, Lord V-Man, if you have an update to post, contact either DrFuji or myself to have this thread reopened. Until then, this thread is closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back