• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Power Bracket

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • Hi guys, so I was surfing the web like usual and I stumbled upon something really interesting!

So apparently on the US Pokemon website, there is this bracket of all the Legendary Pokemons from Gen. I to Gen IV. that are broken into four quarters (Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan).

Pokemon Power Bracket

The current three blank spots are for the three preliminary rounds showcasing the Legendary Birds (Articunos, Zapdos, Motres) going up against the Legendary Dogs (Raikou, Entei, Suicuine). There is no requirements to vote; all you need to do is go here and cast your vote now! Each phase will only last one week. Oh! Annnnd the winning Pokemon will be featured on a special t-shirt available at Hot Topic. Use this thread to share/discuss who you voted for and why and about the future matchups that is yet to come.

Round 2
    Arceus vs. Celebi
    Kyogre vs. Darkrai
    Mewtwo vs. Latios
    Dialga vs. Giratina​

I'm actually interested in the outcome of this. I personally am rooting for Rayquaza all the way. :) I'm expecting Mewtwo and Mew to dominate. Cute Legendaries like Shaymin, Celebi, and Jirachi might win the crowd over, however. It looks like Articuno isn't going to win. I don't think any of the Lake Guardians will win either...

Last edited by a moderator:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • This does actually look pretty interesting. Pretty sure that Pokémon like Mewtwo and Rayquaza are gonna be favourites to win here, but it'll still be pretty exciting to see the outcome. I guess I'd want Lugia to win, mainly because it's my favourite legendary, though I don't know how big the chances are.

Here in the first round I'm pretty sure Raikou would win, as is also pretty apparent by the amount of votes it has gotten, though I guess it just has more fans than Articuno. Psshh, it was always the third of the birds anyways :p

By the way, the first round is between Articuno and Raikou, not Suicune :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't think that Raikou vs. Suicune is for everyone. I have Raikou vs. Articuno and Suicune vs. Moltres. You might want to edit that, haha.

I want Mew to win!!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm treating it as a possible Download event for our games so I'm voting for what I would want as a Download.

Wish the Birds were doing better than they are. TTwTT

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • This does actually look pretty interesting. Pretty sure that Pokémon like Mewtwo and Rayquaza are gonna be favourites to win here, but it'll still be pretty exciting to see the outcome. I guess I'd want Lugia to win, mainly because it's my favourite legendary, though I don't know how big the chances are.

By the way, the first round is between Articuno and Raikou, not Suicune :D
    Thanks for pointing that out, ahaha.

I think Lugia has a very good run in its quarter, seeing as it only has to go up against Manaphy, Latias/Phione, Palkia/Regirock, and Rayquaza. Lugia is certainly one of my favourites as well. It's just frustrating to see your favourites going against one another.

I don't think that Raikou vs. Suicune is for everyone. I have Raikou vs. Articuno and Suicune vs. Moltres. You might want to edit that, haha.

I want Mew to win!!
    Thank you for pointing that out ahaha.

I have this feeling that Mew is going to dominate its quarter.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I voted for Raikou but I really like Giratina to win.

Oak's quarter dominator: Arceus, Darkrai could be also the dominator since he's populair.
    Elm's quarter dominator: Deoxys
    Birch quarter dominator: Mewtwo or giratina
    Rowan's quarter dominator: Rayquaza

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I got Raikou vs. Articuno, Entei vs. Zapdos and Suicune vs. Moltres. I voted for Raikou, Zapdos and Suicune.

I really want Dialga or Palkia to win this one; they're 2 of my favorite legendaries.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    My theory the winner will be a giveaway in the GL. OH GREAT, ANOTHER ARCEUS GIVEAWAY. YAAAAAY.
    Even if Arceus will inevitably win, but I'm still voting for Diagla. Almost came close to voting for Ho-oh or Darkrai. Those two are some of the favourites.

oh wait IT 505'D ON ME. Wait, 505?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The only thing that disappointed me about this was that the preliminary rounds were between the legendary birds and beasts. I wish they'd been given access to the main bracket, instead of the Regis/the Lake guardians. In my opinion, they're much less distinctive and memorable... but what's done is done.

I'm rooting for Kyogre to win, as that's probably my favourite legendary. I can see older - and more retro - voters championing Mewtwo, and that wouldn't be the end of the world either. But, even still, I'll be interested in the outcome of this, if only to see what the current Pokemon fanbase thinks of the legendaries.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    COME ON EVERYONE VOTE OUT ARCEUS

Looks like a lot of landslides so far this week. I'm guessing the votes will be really uneven up until the very end when we only have the favorites against each other.

Years
  • Jirachi vs. Latios (winning by 54%) &
    Shaymin vs. Giratina (winning by 55%)
    Those matches seem to be the only ones that could actually be not a landslide. The rest are pretty much done. Though I wonder if these matches are randomized. Or put together by the staff. It also seems like the Hoenns are doing pretty bad. Well, other than Kyogre who's against Regice...
    I wonder if the movie buffs are the ones voting?

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Arceus is going to win, sadly. He gonna beat errrrryone.

Years
  • Well, we all can predict that much is going to happen. Though surprisingly the match between Raikou & Arceus (winning by 66%) isn't a landslide-ish or not one the heaviest landslides as opposed to (winning by 87%) Darkrai vs. Mesprit.
    If things keep going this way we might see: Arceus vs. Celebi. That'll be interesting. Though, I'm afraid, God always wins... unless in the hands of an eight year old but pfft.
    But Round Two don't start till 07/19.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    So the first part of Round 1 is over and the second one has started. No surprises in the winners, sad that Jirachi got beat out though.

MEW TIME YEAHHH

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Looks like the ones on the other side of the bracket aren't going to fair much better in terms of closeness. Closest one is Deoxys vs. Suicune with Deoxy winning with 69%. And that's probably cause Suicune had a featured game.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Round 2! Looks like Arceus is being beat out which makes me really happy hahaha.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm surprised that Celebi is beating Arceus in all honesty XD

Pretty cure majority of the people voting are like 10 year old children that are voting for random stuff XD

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I'm surprised that Celebi is beating Arceus in all honesty XD

Pretty cure majority of the people voting are like 10 year old children that are voting for random stuff XD
    I hate to admit it, but if I was a 10 year old now, I'd probably have voted for Arceus too.......

Voted Celebi though since Celebi is awesome, and if this decides an event/gift Pokemon, Celebi>Arceus in that respect.

Porynoir

Cool like that...
    Years
  • Giratina is dominating it's quarter, even more than Mewtwo, so who knows. I don't want Mew2 to win, since we already had an event for it.

Last edited:
    Back