• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    This has me thinking: If you get banned from all pokemarts, Shouldn't there be a "black market"?
    And this brings up further questions: How will you be able to get supplies if you're banned from BOTH PokeMarts AND the black market?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oooh!
    I definitely cannot wait to play this!!!
    That's way too kool! ^^
    Well, GL!

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
  • Wow. Just WOW! I can't wait for a release of this. I mean those screenshots are very promising. I especially like the graphics and tiles. Keep it up! This could give Amethyst a run for its money. I swing more in favor of Amethyst so impress me! Lol. I'm liking where this is going and it's going there quickly!

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • Holy applesause!!! this game is better than anything i play or own!!!!

lol stealing (uncontrolable laughter)

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Holy cow! The system with the police officer and the jail is awesome!!! But...how can you increase your wanted level? by stealing repeatedly?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i don't think its possible to get banned from both ... the more you steal from the marts, the more your rep in the black market grows ... and besides, its the black market, they'd probly kill u first or challenge u to a pokemon battle if u try and steal.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Great looking! A awesome update from you, neo.
    Yes, is it possible to escape from the jail?

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    And another question. When do you think the full game will be available to play? i can't wait!!! it is going to be so so so so soooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments guys. Means alot. I'll try have another update as soon as possible- although it might be a bit later rather then sooner.
    So,
    Some nice questions there.
    I'll answer each one in the order they were posted:
    @darkcookie: Yeah, for Team Reps, red means they don't like you, green means they like you. And ofcourse- in the middle (yellow), it's kinda neutral. Now, I'll go into all that at a much later stage of what that means in terms of gameplay (I kinda touched on it before somewhere), but because it's not coded, I don't like saying.
    In terms of working for other people, you can only join 1 team, but it is possible to do other tasks for other teams. But the team you join (or if you stay on your own that's fine) will effect the story.
    Again, more detail later.

@Atomic_Reactor: You guessed right, the more stars, the more numbers. The time will stay the same though, 4-5 seconds.

@Goldude: I don't even think I answered your first question (the one you quoted of yourself). It IS possible to get banned from all of the marts. There will be street vendors and mini marts, but in my opinion, being banned from each mart will be a bad thing as I will limit what you can buy in the vendors. So I know I offer alot of choice in the game, I think it would be wrong to get banned from every mart. But if you want to do it, go ahead lol.
    In terms of black market stuff, if you join a team, they will have a vendor which will sell most stuff.

@GAK(first post): Raising your wanted level cannot be done- per say. After each crime, you wanted level is set. Depending on what you do will effect your wanted level.

@Gak (second post): Getting out of jail is very dull. Your Grandpa comes and picks you up and brings you home. Also, the day is increased by 1 lol. Now the reason is, everyone hates back tracking. So if you steal, when you go to jail, you will be picked up and taken back to Nutleaf Town (the starting town). So if you don't have FLY, I pitty you. Hope you saved before you stole :P

@Omega: Kinda answered above. Nah....

@Gak (third post- post above this): I'm dying for people to play it myself. I want to see what the reaction is to all this effort I've put in. But sadly, the game is nowhere near ready. Because I'm working from scratch, each system has to be put into place. That's every feature must be working before I can even start on the story.
    I've only coded up until getting your starter Pokemon in the storyline, and the only reason I did that was to finish the intro, then test to make sure the battle system would work fine when you got your first pokemon lol. So I still have to finish off the battle system, re-do some mapping and alot more.
    So I can't give ya an answer on that man.
    Sorry.

Any more questions just ask away. Got comments? Post 'em.
    Feel you can't post what you want to say? PM me.
    I wanna hear as much feedback as I can.

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    ok. thanks for answering and i really appreciate your hard work. the game will be awesome when it is released

Atomic Reactor

This game gets better and better each update ^_^
    so what other crimes can you do?
    can you beat someone up?
    or break into a house?
    what kinda crimes would raise your wanted level?

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
  • Man

Wow this is amazing!!! I can't belive how good a game this will be. please come out soon! I have some ideas uyou might want so i'll pm them too you when i have a spare moment. Keep up the good work ; )

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    I would have to say... This game is awesome! Its like Grand Theft Auto meets pkmn but in an awesome way because its still has the pokemon element! I love it! I can't wait for the release. Great Job!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • @Atomic Reactor: No other crimes just yet. I don't plan on adding much though. As I said a few times, it's more of just a distraction from the main stuff.
    So you won't be able to beat anyone up, but breaking an entry may be actually part of some team missions.
    And ofcourse, when I say teams, I don't mean the Protectors or Rangers lol.

@legendarytamer: Yeah I've got some. Thanks for asking.
    I don't even think my testers know who they are yet ha. That's how tight lipped I am about that right now. But they will have a nice surprise about a week before I plan on releasing anything. So random people who have shown support of from the start- make sure you check your PM box from time to time when I mention a release lol.

Anyways, Gak- I know you were looking forward to an update., I kinda got an update, but nothing big.

I am in the process of piecing the region maps together.
    So making it all seem like one big outside map (just like normal games) was the first thing I did- since ofcourse I use several maps for towns and routes. But you will be happy to know you shouldn't notice ANY transition issues between outdoor maps- so it will feel like one big map.
    I've added in showing the town names to all of the completed outdoor maps and routes- you know that message that shows at the top of the screen when you enter a town or route - yeah that lol.

I've also added in the signal strength for the PokeCyber on each map.
    In general, its full signal in towns and cities- 2 bars full on routes- 1 bar in forests and no signal in caves.

Hopefully I'll have something to show off, if not, I may post some random screenshots within the next 2 or 3 days (or maybe tomorrow if I'm bored)- I would post something random now, but it's 2.30 AM my time, I'm going to bed, I'm wrecked lol.

EDIT: Oh and yay, 400th reply.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back