• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Cool.... This is real original, back when I started this I never imagined stealing in a fan game, good job Neo!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Wow! It surprise me! Well done, Neo! Keep it up with this kind of system^^

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hey, that's an awesome feature! ^^
    May be u should ask us to get to a certain number of posts be4 next screenies.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2014
    Man you are awesome! Best of luck on the game! Awesome idea of theivery.

Wow, I didn't know RM2k3 was half this flexible.

Years
    It's been nearly a year since I came to this forum, I joined just because of this game. I defiantly think I made a great choice in joining. I also decided to start my own game because of this game. Keep up the great work Neo-Dragon. I can't wait to see what happens if you are caught.

If the style is like GTA, how would you get a star level greater than one if you can not enter any buildings or leave town?

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I think the game is looking impeccable in many ways. Keep up the good work! I always enjoy reading updates about your features. It looks like you're thinking and working very hard to make it a unique and interesting experience.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Thanks alot for the support for this feature. As I said, it's just a small distraction.
    I'll answer some questions.
    @Atomic_Reactor: As I said on my forums, yeah, your pretty screwed if your in a small town. I've also made it harder. The officer now runs at the same speed as the hero's running speed. So as soon as he sees you, hold shift and run! lol.

@scienceboy: The guard at the door doesn't stop you because he gets pushed back as you run out the door lol.

@Darkcookie: Nah, you won't be able to do that lol.

@DamianLeonhart: The idea is kinda based off GTA, but this aint GTA, so it's not going to be the same. So your wanted level is set depending on the crime. This hide and seek style system is a mini game per say, which is why I put in the limits......

@Goldude: I have no small user bars. If anyone want's to make one for me, would you please.

Anyways, I had planned to show off what happens when ya get caught, but I'm still bug testing it, and I don't want to post what's not coded yet.
    Keep the feedback and comments coming (so I don't have to double post when the update is done).

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Alright. I can't wait untill you show what will happen if get caught.

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
    Years
    Ooooh!
    This game look so cool, with the story and stuff *w* Hope you're going to finish it~

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Man! It is super awesome! I just love this game. I cannot wait what happens if you get caught by the police. And i have a question to make:

What if you rob all poke-marts and you get banned from all of them?

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Man! It is super awesome! I just love this game. I cannot wait what happens if you get caught by the police. And i have a question to make:

What if you rob all poke-marts and you get banned from all of them?
    This has me thinking: If you get banned from all pokemarts, Shouldn't there be a "black market"?

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    This has me thinking: If you get banned from all pokemarts, Shouldn't there be a "black market"?

lol yeah, i agree. like a market only for thieves! sounds fun! but... how would it work? free things for everybody?

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
    That "somebody" to make you the userbar would be me. :3

Pokemon Protectors
    HTML:
    [url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79581][IMG]https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/PokemonProtectorsSupportBar.png[/IMG][/url]

Btw, that Wanted Level system is looking amazing. But then again, everything of yours is. : D

Years
    That "somebody" to make you the userbar would be me. :3

Pokemon Protectors
    HTML:
    [url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79581][IMG]https://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/PokemonProtectorsSupportBar.png[/IMG][/url]

Btw, that Wanted Level system is looking amazing. But then again, everything of yours is. : D

Your one to talk, every time I see a userbar of yours I've added it to my sig, they are awesome. Another great job I would say.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Cheers for the userbar Archayos, I'll add it into the first post.
    As usual, thanks for the comments.
    Anyways,
    Update Time:
    Ok, so as of this moment in writing this, I'm pretty happy with how I coded this, so I guess it's time I posted it.
    So what happens when you steal in Protectors- and get caught?
    Well, let me show you via screenshots lol.
    Pokemon Protectors

So when the officer grabs you, this pops up.
    It's a quick time event.
    You have a select number of seconds(normally 4-5 seconds) to input the 3 digit code it gives you at the bottom of the screen.
    This code is also randomized.
    The red cursor shows which number you must input.

Because I only had 4-5 seconds to input codes and to take screenshots, the codes and seconds will be different from the previous screenshot lol

Pokemon Protectors

So if you enter in the code within the timer, you will push the officer away and disorientate him which will give you a second or 2 to get a head start to start the chase again and try you luck to get away again.
    Pokemon Protectors

But, if you miss a number of just run out of time, the officer will have a full grip on you and your caught for good.
    Pokemon Protectors

He will take you to jail!

Pokemon Protectors

I have a really neat bit of code in jail too.
    Your jail mates (in this screenshot, it's a Team Aqua Grunt), is randomized! So it's random between the 3 "evil" teams of the game.
    But what does this mean?
    Well, he gets talking to you, asks you why you are in jail.
    Pokemon Protectors

What does that do?
    Well effect your REP.
    He will tell his "boss" about you and how "cool" this "evil" kid is. lol.
    Pokemon Protectors

So as you can see, my REP for Aqua is increased by 2. YAY lol.

Well there you have it, what happens if you get caught. Give me some comments on the feature please. Let me know what you think.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wow nice. Also red means he is an enemy and green ally? Also what happens if your on a good side and bad? Your a 2 faced person right? So can you be secretly working for one side and secret for the other?

Atomic Reactor

i would add more numbers with them ore stars you have.
    although, you may have already done that lol.
    keep up the amazing work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back