• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I always say: What do you want: A game released very fast that is full of glitches or a game that takes 10 years but it is the greatest game ever?

I choose for the second one.

I would as well.

The story pics are nice and the pokecyber is a big interest of mine.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    It's looking fantastic. But the fact that you're using the FR/LG heroes and Oak sort of bothers me a bit...

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    This game looks great ^ ^. Good job so far Neo. I can tell it will be a good game by the pictures and information.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    @Atomic_Reactor:
    "shouldnt the in-battle trainers be DP style?"
    Should they? No. Could they? Yeah if I had the sprites in that style- which I don't. lol.
    So man, if you wanna make me some.... do :P

@Blueguy:
    "fact that you're using the FR/LG heroes and Oak sort of bothers me a bit..."
    Why? Because of all the custom stuff? It is just a matter of changing the character sets and names in text, but this is my own take on the Pokemon world, so it's kinda like a parallel universe, so using characters from other games I think is fine. See, when I wrote out the history and time line of the game, I used Prof. Oak in my text, so I end up just using him in-game, in general lol.

@Yuoaman:
    "PokeCyber is looking fantastic, well done! "
    It is one of my favorite things to mess around with. Remember you can use it as a phone, and the numbers you dial all have meanings. It's really fun coding in wacky stuff for it lol.

Anyways:
    Update:​
    I posted a video on youtube that you should all check out.
    It's nice to see the game in motion, the it's getting to the point that I, myself, enjoy messing around in the world with all the different features.

Protectors Demo Preview

Now, Atomic_reactor (who is also a staff member on my forums and friend) knows a bit of secret info. I didn't see it, but before my last update, he posted the secret lol.
    I do plan on releasing the first "Release Candidate" at the end of August, or early September.
    It will be small-ish, but all of the features seen in updates will be included as well as alot of storyline action with the Teams in the game. So it will be a good chance to get our REP up (and maybe join) a Team within the game.

Now nothing is set in stone yet, well, when I say that, I mean the release date. But just taught you should know.

Anyways, give me some feedback on the video please. :)

EDIT: I deleted the video because there was spelling mistakes in the intro's text. I've re-uploaded the correct version. Give it about 5-10 minutes to come back online.

EDIT2: The video should be back online.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Sorry, I didn't think about it being a secret before posting it XD
    Well, just to let you know, i favorited that video :P
    That looks so good dude. The systems seem flawless. I can't wait to see mroe.
    The effort you put into this hack... i mean game (joking cuz of the thing at the beginning of the video) is just... astounding. Keep up the amazing work man. This will go far.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    may i ask how you changed the battle screen and everything? sorry..

but i like this game, good job

Atomic Reactor

so he did a bunch of event coding.
    :P
    he's good at what he does. ^_^

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    =( i am using rpgxp *cries* but its a good game by the looks of it.

Atomic Reactor

yeah, amazing game i would say :P

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    The video was fantastic... The game looks so beautiful. I can't wait to play it. I really liked the FRLG-fitted DP interiors, although I find Oak's lab to be sort of sparse.

GAK

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Fantastic updates neo! I really like the cities and the whole project. video's cool too!

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    best game

if this has a slight chance of coming out in aug. i just am starting my first year of middle school :( [HOMEWORK]and this looks better than any game i have SEEN the screens the vids EVERYTHING :classic::)

Last edited:

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
    I used to only visit this thread everytime not post!
    but now it's near the 1st RC I will!
    Your Game is really good but I suggest that
    you kinda edit Proffesor Oak so that he looks maybe
    a bit older?
    and I've been using RM2K3 but the thing is that
    I could never make a pokemon games as cool as yours!
    *rushes to first post to get userbar and goes to search
    place to find kyledoves custom tiles*

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
    glad you liked it that i sent you my pokemon back and front sprites!
    and I think that when the menu shows up you should change the screen color tone(thats what
    they call it in RM2K3 and RMXP)of the map a bit darker so the menu stands out a bit more.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Hey guys,

@Darkerarceus: I messed around with tinting the screen during early development, but with the day and night tint effect, the screen does be dark and night anyways.

I posted this on my forum already, but never posted it here because of the down time. As with most updates I do now, here is a copy and paste lol. Enjoy.

Update:
    This update is really going to strengthen the point I have been trying to make on this board for the last week or so.
    This is innovation, original, and attention to detail.
    What am I talking about.
    Well the phone function of the PokeCyber.
    Now the screenshots are just to show that this is all in game. So enjoy.

You get the PokeCyber when getting your first Pokemon. So lets have some fun with it. Watch this:

I'll ring Prof. Oak.
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    See what happened? I rang Prof. Oak, and because I've put in the code work and spent time really making this feature fun, he knows I'm ringing him in his lab.

So lets see what else happens.
    Right, so we have our starer Pokemon, and PokeCyber.
    When you leave the lab, your Grandpa is waiting for you.
    He tells you to put on your "Rapiddash" running shoes lol.
    He also says you got a letter from Neo-Dragon... Yes me lol....
    I tell the player to call me whenever he wants to.
    Screenshots:
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

So my number is added to the contact list in the PokeCyber.
    You can ring me by dialing "NDRAGON" or going into your contacts and selecting my name.
    Now what is really neat with this is. This is really paying attention to detail. The first time you ring me, I'm just like, "hey, thank for downloading protectors" blah blah.
    But every time you ring me after that, I will keep track (thanks to variables for the people wondering lol). I will also give you tips at ANY point in the storyline. Any stage, I will always say something different, but meaningful to where you are in the game.
    Some screenshots:
    [
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Pokemon Protectors

Neat right?
    Now again, as I said, this is really fun. I had alot of fun coding what I say. Cause it is me. And I want the players to be able to talk to me throughout the experience.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    That's pretty cool. It's like FRLG's help system, but actually looks like it will feel natural.

Just wondering, are there going to be any secret phone numbers (that no-one in the game gives you, i.e. "cheat" passwords)?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Thanks for asking Wichu.
    Part 2 of the Update: lol.

"Oh and what else is the phone used for?
    Oh this:
    Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

CHEATS!!!!
    Yup I've coded in some cheats.. This one (which is hinted in the first screenshot there) will increase your Mineral Tablet count by 1 - meaning 1 free level up for your Pokemon.
    Want more? Just type in the cheat again lol.

What else?

Pokemon Protectors
    Pokemon Protectors

Ha, hinted at again.. Such a handy cheat when bug testing lol.

Tell me what you think. I put a lot of effort into this update (took me the last 2 weeks lol).
    Enjoy."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back