• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    that battle layout pwns neo. i love the background tooo. it really makes everything stand out. great job. two thumbs up. :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Here is a random screenshot for you- on something I've was working on yesterday. It's the summary page for the pokemon.
    It can be accessed through the sub menu of the Quick Pokemon Bar from the main menu.
    venusaursummaryra3.png

Sorry for the bad quaility image, I was too lazy to take the aero glass theme off lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    thats really nice.

can i just say something...
    I've also coded in the official pokemon battle damage formula. So attacks do the correct ammount of damage that they would do in the official Pokemon games.

from my memory the REAL formula requires EV points and what not. and those EV points are like really hard to determine and everythuing.
    just a question. is it the EXACT formula or have you tweaked it ever so slightly, so slightly that it wouldnt really make a difference.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • The EV points are only hard to determine in the actual games because you can't see them. If you are coding a game it's totally different because you code in all the hidden values.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    but you dont no the hidden values. thats what i am trying to say. lol. do you just make up the EV points? because i spose you could do that...

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • New update for you.
    This update includes an artical on the feature (taken from my Calis Projects website) and a guide on how to use it.

Oh and 2 bonus screenshots :P

The new PokeMart feature.
    Shopping.
    Here is an extract taken from the Calis Projects website My-Lifeonline.com:
    "In Pokemon Protectors, upon entering a Mart, you will be able to go up and take items from shelves and add them to your cart.
    Your cart can only hold 5 of each item at one time EG. 5 Potions and/or 5 Pokeballs and so on.
    You can go and pay for your items which will empty your cart and add the items you bought to your bag for use.

Since Pokemon Protectors allows you to chose your own destiny, an intresting thing to point out
    is the fact that if you wish to be evil, you CAN steal from the store! You will not always get away with it though.
    There are police and security in the Marts to stop people who wish to do that. But it is possible to get away with it.
    If you are alligned with any 3 of the evil Teams or Organisations within the game (Rocket, Magma, Aqua), a grunt from your team
    may help you get away safely!
    Remember, stealing effects your moral rating. So if you want to be good, you might want to pay for your stuff.

Another really cool features inside the Mart is that the NPCs(Non-Playable Characters) have their own A.I.
    Instead of just standing around in the mart, they will shop too. People will even come in and out of the Mart to
    do a bit of shopping! Also, some Team Grunts may even steal from the store!"

So let's go have a small walkthrough style guide for this:
    *Images included*
    As it says, upon entering a Mart, a HUD (Heads Up Display) will appear on sreen.
    It will showcase your "Shopping Cart" and how much money you have.
    Now unlike the official games, were you can go up to the counter and buy your items, you have to "shop" for them by getting them off the shelves.
    MartFeature_1.png

As you can see, there is the HUD and the player looking at the shelf. It has a potion.
    The player is presented with the option to add the item to the cart.

Another thing touched in the artical from the website is NPCs have their own behavior. Here in this second screenshot we can see that a NPC has entered the shop and began to go ahead his own business.
    MartFeature_2.png

As you can also see, the player has several items in his cart.

Again, players have to find the items on the shelves. This may seem confusing, but I have intended it not to be too confusing.
    Here, by simply pressing enter facing the shelf, you can see another item.
    MartFeature_3.png

In this case, a Pokeball is here.

Again, touching on the NPC behavior, here in this screenshot, the NPC has moved up to pay for his items. This helps add the feeling that the world is lived in.
    MartFeature_4.png

When you are done, and have decided that you will pay for the items and not steal them (good thing too since a poilceman is standing at the dorr), go up to the main who works in the mart.
    You will be given a choice to pay for your items, or the mart worker will empty your Cart for you.
    MartFeature_5.png

For the propose of taking screenshots, I chose the "Nothing" option so I could take more.

Like every interface- you can set the background of the HUD transparent via the Options screen:
    MartFeature_6.png

And just for fun, here are 2 bonus screenshots not on the website:
    MartFeature_queforming.png

A que is forming.

martfeature7za4.png

"Employee of the Month" :P

Lol, hope you enjoyed that update.
    Make sure to check out My-Lifeonline.com - the official site of Calis Projects for all the latest info.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Hmm...the game really looks nice, but what will happen in the shop if you walk out the door without paying? Just curious :P

~Cya, UnitRico

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    Hmm...the game really looks nice, but what will happen in the shop if you walk out the door without paying? Just curious :P

~Cya, UnitRico

I think that's considered stealing.
    Can you stop other grunts from stealing and do you get a reward for that?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Probably there's an event that checks if you have items in your cart and asks you if you want to discard the items before leaving, otherwise you can't go out.

Great job anyway Neo

Revolution

Da Bestest Pokemon Master
    Years
  • WOW, thats a pretty cool Shop system you have going here, what would happen if you tried to leave the PokeMart without paying tho? would you be taken to Jail or would it tell you that you cant leave because you need to pay?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    WOW, thats a pretty cool Shop system you have going here, what would happen if you tried to leave the PokeMart without paying tho? would you be taken to Jail or would it tell you that you cant leave because you need to pay?

Hmm...I think that would be a lot to program Revolution :) But it still is a good idea.

~Cya, UnitRico

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • You can walk out without paying. It's called stealing ha.
    Since the game allows for the player to be good or bad, if you want to steal, you can, but ofcourse it will make you a bad person. But watch out, the guard can stop you but will not send you to jail (since the hero character is too young). You will be sent back to your Grandpa's house. Which can be a drag if you stole in a far off city and don't have fly lol.
    I think I said this in the other post, but anyways, if you are a member of an evil team, the grunts of the team your with can help you from getting caught.

It is possible to stop a grunt. But I don't really ant to talk bout that yet, since I havn't actually coded it in the game yet (it's just planned as pat of the mart feature). When its done, I'll let you know.

And, you don't have to steal if you have items in your cart. You can ask the mart worker to empty your cart for you.

If you guys have any more questions, feel free to ask, and there is a guide on how to use the mart feature my website incase you get confused.

EDIT:

Here is an updated look to the mart:
    martfeature8coloredtilenw5.png

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • I've got to say, everytimwe I look at this game, I fall in love with the menus all over again. I'm hoping to make a new menu layout that I like better that's not like yours because I want it to be original, but they look awesome.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • Absolutly fantastic! This Is 1 of the best or the best pokemon game ever.

Can we please have a demo, or have I missed it? If you don't want to, please just make a battle system demo that lets you play one battle and then its game over. I haven't got D/P so can I try it out.:D

Awesome, John

EPYON

Demon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    This game looks fantastic, one of the best ive seen in a long time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back