• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalciferFireDmn

Fire Demon
Years
  • [FONT=&quot]So this is a pretty straight forward question i just could not find the answer anywhere. I am currently putting together a 5th gen pokemon team. However i have a friend helping me and he only has access to 3rd gen game Fire Red. As you know pokemon movesets change from one generation to the next. So my question is if he has a pokemon on a 3rd gen game that cannot learn a certain 5th gen move, then we migrate it up to 4th or 5th gen where that pokemon can learn that move, will it have the ability to? In case that's confusing (because it confused me writing it) here's an example. Gen 5 Dugtrio learns Sucker Punch by leveling up. Gen 3 Dugtrio does not. If he were to breed, and EV train a Dugtrio then migrate it to Gen 4 or 5 could it learn Sucker Punch. Wither it grew to lvl 23 and learned it or went to the move tutor, would it be possible for an origonallly 3rd gen Dugtrio to learn a 5th gen move other than a tm move? Like a lvl up move. Thanks.[/FONT]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Dugtrio can learn Sucker Punch in Gen IV too.

To answer your question, if your Gen III Diglett is past level 23, and it's transferred over to Gen IV, then it won't learn Sucker Punch straight away. You must take it to the Move Maniac in Pastoria and have him re-teach Diglett Sucker Punch (at the cost of a Heart Scale). You can then transfer that Diglett over to Gen V. In other words, it's possible for a Pokemon that originated from a Gen III game to learn a Gen IV/V move, but only if it's in the generation(s) the move is available in.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Next time ask in Black/White or Competitive Battling Center. :)

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back