• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Red in full color?

Would you play through Red in full color? (GBC Graphics)

• Yes, definately!

Votes: 73 68.9%
  • Not sure...it depends.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • No, it was better on the GB.

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters

Jesus of Suburbia

I Wrote Holden Caulfield
    Years
    I think you're missing the point - people play the games for the replay value and nostalgia, but can't look past the old-style graphics. I'm playing Yellow now, and I'm not worried at all. Although I still wonder why the backsprites are a lower resolution than the normal sprites. =/

It's cuz when they made red and blue (possibly yellow) they changed the front sprites from green and blue but not the back sprites. A good example is charmander. His arms are down in r/b but in the back sprite his right arm is up (or vice versa).

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    No, it was better on the GB.

I you fix the old latter people in a few years will say it sux and its just another stupid game that old people like.
    But really it stared a hole new look at Pokemon and made a path for new games and helped minds grow and by pasted the cards and skiped the big screen and no one should have put it in gba but they did so now i say we the players have a say in what should be and what should happen to the the game we play and remember what had to be for to be and lets never let this out cry take us over we should fight for our games and history of them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Anyway, this is a silly idea. You already have Pokemon red in the gameboy style colour, and Pokemon red in the full colour of GBA. Why would you want it in the half colour of the GBC?

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    you could make this using a hack just get red blue tileset and colour it in along with pokemon change the sprite and there you are.
    could edit the script and text to make it right
    i have recoloured pokemon red pokemon sprites if anyone want to help?
    infact heres a screenie
    Pokemon Red in full color?

Last edited:
    Years
    I loved the GBC graphics, but no, six versions have already depicted the storyline of Kanto.

yes, and your missing five others (3 years later Kanto: Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, SoulSilver)
    so, its been made 9 times, in every gen, and for half the gens it was full-colour, and updated graphics. With just updated colours it would 1. ruin the nostalgia i think, and 2. would be usless. no one would play.

Back