• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Red in full color?

Would you play through Red in full color? (GBC Graphics)

• Yes, definately!

Votes: 73 68.9%
  • Not sure...it depends.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • No, it was better on the GB.

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    I was wondering something...Red/Blue were awesome. Really, they're the games that started it all. However, when G/S/C redid Kanto, they ruined it. So I was wondering something...if there was a hack released that took place in Kanto with original scripts, music, and graphics, (but in full color), would you play it? Please post here about this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I loved the GBC graphics, but no, six versions have already depicted the storyline of Kanto.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Yes, like I said, this would not be a 3rd Generation game, but a 2nd Generation game.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Sure I'd try it, but Yellow pretty much was like that, at least in battle. Each town had it's own "color" though.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, I am sure it will look cool. Similar to the G/S graphics but it would make no difference to me. I just love the concept of the games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    Well I'm currently playing Red on original. I think the color changing during routes and cities is pretty unique because of the old/nostalgia feeling. I would play both. I would actually prefer the original though.

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
    but your forgetting that that is what make red blue and yellow CLASSICS. The black n white and the not so good graphics. That is what made them AWESOME!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I would play it. Games are easier to understand if they're in color. (Especially Red, because the energy bar is black, so it's hard to tell if someone's gonna heal or not.)

Years
    No. It just wrecks the nostalgic theme. The monochrome colour-sets for different towns was interesting enough for me. I'm happy with the way they were, and I think FRLG were respectable enough as remakes.

Back