• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Redemption

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Ok I have an update and an announcement. First the update. I have added the next couple of events into the game. I took a video of the first one and added it to the first post. Here are the pics of what happens after:

Spoiler:

Ok and now for the announcement. Personally, I like the palettes the way that they are now. Unless everyone starts to complain about them, the chances of them changing are slim. There may be a few edits here or there but nothing drastic. Thanks for reading, please give me some feedback :D.

I don't mind the palettes of the health boxes, but I don't like the shape. I liked the rounded boxes! D:>

Eh, it's not major, so it's not really that big of a deal. But since there's going to be a couple Leaders scattered around, what do you get for winning against them?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
I don't mind the palettes of the health boxes, but I don't like the shape. I liked the rounded boxes! D:>

Eh, it's not major, so it's not really that big of a deal. But since there's going to be a couple Leaders scattered around, what do you get for winning against them?

Oh you get to ---
I can't tell ya XD
but it's actually impacts the game more than regular gyms, every gym battle furthers the story line revealing more and more...I think i've said too much but hopefully that satisfies your curiosity more :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
pretty cool..
nice tiles, but it would be better if u had a custom OW sprite for the trainer

josh354

Scripter
Years
@ Machop: Thanks, we will try our best. :D

@ Chrunch: I just now updated the thread with all the newest team members.

@ MewTwoReturns: The hero OW is in progress :D. I cannot say for sure when it will be done and inserted, but it is underway.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
@ Machop: Thanks, we will try our best. :D

@ Chrunch: I just now updated the thread with all the newest team members.

@ MewTwoReturns: The hero OW is in progress :D. I cannot say for sure when it will be done and inserted, but it is underway.

If you want I can sprite the OWs 4 u

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Egh, this isn't that good, i wouldn't compare it to other hacks like people are doing. You're grammar is poor and there are descrepancies in your scripts such as no sound when there's an exclamation point and alot of text errors. Also, all of your interior tile sets are messed up. So i give this a 5/10 if i were to rate it, but I like your maps ^^

josh354

Scripter
Years
Egh, this isn't that good, i wouldn't compare it to other hacks like people are doing. You're grammar is poor and there are descrepancies in your scripts such as no sound when there's an exclamation point and alot of text errors. Also, all of your interior tile sets are messed up. So i give this a 5/10 if i were to rate it, but I like your maps ^^

Yes, there were many text errors, but I believe we have corrected most of the mistakes. I will try and upload a fixed alpha sometime soon. What exactly is wrong with the interior tilesets? I don't see anything wrong with them except that their palette doesn't match the exterior. Could you please tell me whats wrong? Also, "You're grammar is poor," sorry couldn't help but to lol at that one. :P Thanks for your feedback.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years

Those would be my maps! I'm glad you liked them. Care to explain what you mean by "No sound playing on exclamation point"?

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
He means you didn't put that little ding noise before the ! over the persons head.

josh354

Scripter
Years
He means you didn't put that little ding noise before the ! over the persons head.

Thanks Buizark for clearing that up, and thanks Blitz for pointing it out. I never knew you had to script the 'ding' sound. I'll make sure I put it in from here on out, and I'll see what can be done about fixing the old ones that don't have it.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Yes, there were many text errors, but I believe we have corrected most of the mistakes. I will try and upload a fixed alpha sometime soon. What exactly is wrong with the interior tilesets? I don't see anything wrong with them except that their palette doesn't match the exterior. Could you please tell me whats wrong? Also, "You're grammar is poor," sorry couldn't help but to lol at that one. :P Thanks for your feedback.

Oh, wow, thanks for pointing out my oxy-moronic statement. I hate it when you fail at pointing out a fail xD

Excuse my statement about the interior tilesets, I had a faulty rom that I patched it with, and hence the messed up interior tilesets.

And to help you out with the 'ding' (which is sound 0x15) noise, take a tip from me, a expert from my peers evaluation. To get the closest and most accurate anatomy of nintendo movement scripting, set it up like this:

If just a using #raw 0x62 (exclamtion point), i.e.:

#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

then set up the whole thing like this:

sound 0x15
applymovement 0x__ @move
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x32

if there is movement before, such as this:

#org @move
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

then set it up like this

applymovement 0x__ @move
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x15
pause 0x32

Hope this helped you out. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
First, I'll point out some of the bad things.

There are some grammatical and spelling errors which really bugged me.

In addition to that, the text boxes often run too long during some dialogue bits. The first scene on the beach with your grandpa talking takes too long, and it feels too much like forced exposition. Remember that more isn't always better. A few of the lines seem rather stilted.

Additionally, end text boxes and start new ones more often. At the very least, you should do this every time the character responds to something the Hero has 'said. Do that and a lot of the dialogue would flow better in my mind, and not feel like it was running on too much.

I do like the premise, and I give you props for the interesting way the game starts out. I like how the beginning is a bit more slow paced and it takes longer to get your first Pokemon. It gives more time to just take things and it sets it apart somewhat.

558122_DG

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
First, I'll point out some of the bad things.

There are some grammatical and spelling errors which really bugged me.
mind showing us which ones? or are you auto basing this off what others have said?

In addition to that, the text boxes often run too long during some dialogue bits. The first scene on the beach with your grandpa talking takes too long, and it feels too much like forced exposition. Remember that more isn't always better. A few of the lines seem rather stilted.
the text boxes have never run too long, however I agree about the length of the script there.

Additionally, end text boxes and start new ones more often. At the very least, you should do this every time the character responds to something the Hero has 'said. Do that and a lot of the dialogue would flow better in my mind, and not feel like it was running on too much.

Cliche

I do like the premise, and I give you props for the interesting way the game starts out. I like how the beginning is a bit more slow paced and it takes longer to get your first Pokemon. It gives more time to just take things and it sets it apart somewhat.

I do too :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
mind showing us which ones? or are you auto basing this off what others have said?

A few that come to memory:

"recking" should be "wreaking" (you wreak havoc)

In front of the Mart on the Beach; the person standing there says "ran", but the grammatically correct word would be "run"

Nadia says "did't" when you first encounter her; it should be "didn't"

There's nothing atrociously bad or anything, but there are some minor errors here and there could use some touching up.

josh354

Scripter
Years
A few that come to memory:

"recking" should be "wreaking" (you wreak havoc)

In front of the Mart on the Beach; the person standing there says "ran", but the grammatically correct word would be "run"

Nadia says "did't" when you first encounter her; it should be "didn't"

There's nothing atrociously bad or anything, but there are some minor errors here and there could use some touching up.

Thanks KTM. I will make sure I get these fixed :D.

Back