• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon region correspondence to Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
Years
  • For those that might not know,
    Pokemon region correspondence to Japan

as you can see in this map, (in order from left to right) Hoenn, Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh correspond perfectly to regions in japan. Where does Almia, Orre, and Fiore fit in? I assume that they do correspond to areas in japan?

Discuss

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    It's a pretty well-known theory by now, being outright stated as fact by the developers.

Almia and Fiorre are suggested to be near Sinnoh, while Orre is theorized to be in the southwest United States.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've know that the regions corresponded with real-world regions in Japan for quite awhile, but I never saw them juxtaposed like this before. XD

I find it interesting how, with the exception of the Sevii Islands, all the regions are in the same position relative to eachother as their real-world counterparts. (Kanto and Johto being adjacent, Hoenn in the southwestern sea, and Sinnoh out in the northeast sea.)

If my theory is correct and the GenV region is to the north of Johto/Kanto, it'll probably be based on the region above their real-world counterparts (not familar with Japanese geography, but that hooklike peninsula and that island there just scream "Pokemon region")

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm pretty sure The Pokemon World looks geographically almost exactly like ours.

-It's stated that Lt. Surge is from the United States.

-A Minor(VERY Minor) NPC mentions a branch of Silph Co called the Tiksi Branch located in "no-man's land Russia" in RGBY/FRLG

-One of Parasect's Pokedex Entries mentions China

-One of Xatu's Pokedex Entries and the in-game story about Mew mention South America

Years
  • I've know that the regions corresponded with real-world regions in Japan for quite awhile, but I never saw them juxtaposed like this before. XD

I find it interesting how, with the exception of the Sevii Islands, all the regions are in the same position relative to eachother as their real-world counterparts. (Kanto and Johto being adjacent, Hoenn in the southwestern sea, and Sinnoh out in the northeast sea.)

If my theory is correct and the GenV region is to the north of Johto/Kanto, it'll probably be based on the region above their real-world counterparts (not familar with Japanese geography, but that hooklike peninsula and that island there just scream "Pokemon region")
    That "hooklike peninsula" is Ishikawa prefecture and the island is called Sado and is part of Niigata prefecture.

Any remaining questions can probably be answered on this page.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Thats a good depiction of it all. I knew before that they were taken out of Japanese geography , but Such a nice ppicture :). and havent seen the sevii island before this picture on it :)

Years
  • hmmm. I agree with the map but I didn't know the sevii islands were that far apart. =\ Anyways, some say Almia is south of Sinnoh (the "tail" in the South of Sinnoh resembles the Almia Region). I don't know about the Fiore and Orre though.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I think that those islands maybe be smaller islands off the mainland Japan, as they are in the games. However, don't quote me on this as I'm not entirely sure.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I have doubts about the Hoenn regions location in all the other region the directions
    are correct Viridian is north of Pallet so on and so forth but in Hoenn Mauville is north of Verdanturf instead of east and so on why is that?

Years
  • ^It's stated in the games that Hoenn is south of Kanto and Johto and Sinnoh is north of Johto. It just plays out very well along with the shapes of each region.

I believe Almia is the bottom part of Hokkaido/Sinnoh. And I always thought Orre was based on the Arizona desert.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back