• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Region of Orre (M) [IC]

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
  • The first pokémon was defeated quite quickly, but that Machamp didn't really stand a chance in the first place. During this battle I decide that, perhaps it's time for me to take a break. Go somewhere nice instead of this everlasting sand dunes. I need a good break after this. I decided that we will be heading to Gateon port after this. The place is aparently filled with a lush green environment, surprisingly I hadn't been there before, but it sounded ideal to clear my head. Plus I've never been called therefor work so the place must be kinda empty of the little wretches. Perhaps. The door is pushed open and I reveal myself to the observation deck and sit next to Lucario.

"What say we go to Gateon port after this, get some well earned rest. It's apparently lush with greenery unlike the desert surrounding this place." Lucario lights up and grins at the thought of it. It will be perfect.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I was surprised when she grabbed my hand and told me about her mother. She also told me that she took her mother's Growlithe on her own journey and now it was a Arcanine. It was very comforting to know not everyone in Orre was bad.

Even the way she grabbed my hand reminds me of my sister. I thought.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of a Lucario. I figured it was Yuki's, but Yuki wasn't with him. I figured that Yuki must be somewhere else relaxing. Thankfully it doesn't look like they sensed me when I was ease dropping on them. I then returned my attention back to Loryn, "Don't worry, I am not one to give up easy. Otherwise I would have never been able to become League Champion, just like it will take me a while to defeat the Hoenn Elite 4, but I will still need hope to defeat them."

It sounded like the first battle of the current match was over, but I didn't really care at the moment. It was much better to think about my sister, and the good times we had. After that thought, Yuki appeared and sat next to his Lucario.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn glanced away for a moment to watch the battle at hand. Togekiss took out Machamp easily with a super effective Air Slash. She mentally cheered for Maya, Only two more Pokemon to go! She turned her attention back to Iruko as he began speaking again. He mentioned something about not being one to give up, which was accounted for in his becoming League Champion in Hoenn. She smiled. "Courage is a good trait to have. I'm sure you'll accomplish your goal and beat the Elite Four someday."

Loryn turned as she saw Yuki enter the room again. It seemed his Lucario was in here alone and she hasn't even noticed. She turned her gaze away from the trainer after a moment with a slight frown, and began picking at her nails again. Vaporeon groaned and nudged her trainer's hands to get her to stop stressing out.

Years
  • Seth nodded as Thomas' first Pokemon went down, rather simply, once Maya switched to a head on tactic. His eyes followed Lucario who past by, taking a seat far from Seth. A couple minutes after Yuki entered the observation area, too. Again Seth simply followed the man with his eyes but didn't move his head. Once Yuki found his seat next to Lucario Seth put his vision back on the battle, waiting to see Maya's opponent send out his next Pokemon. He could hear Iruko and Loryn talking about something, but didn't quite listen enough to catch any of it.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    "Quite the grand maneuver you have there, Maya." Thomas remarked slyly, retaining a wholly calm disposition, despite his apparent loss. He mused at the thought of such an overwhelmingly rapid approach. Hm.. ? A piercing maneuver that renders air resistance practically futile to augment its speed and lethality. Not to mention the protection granted by 'Air Slash' with the implementation of its rotation. Quite the foolproof stratagem. I would expect nothing less, of course. Maya was quite dumbfounded by his openly unfazed pretense; it felt as though he had somehow anticipated his loss, much to her concern.

"However. Don't expect such an effortless victory."

Maya smiled, "Who ever said I did? I would only berate such a formidable opponent if I did that. That wouldn't be right, would it?"

"Finely spoken. In any case.. Lapras, demonstrate your might." A dominantly sapphire plesiosaur graced the Coliseum, its broad, azure flat flipper undulating in placid amusement.

Togekiss squandered not a moment and advanced ever closer towards Lapras, assuming quite an offensive posture, with its tender appendages unfolded. She began rotating in a serpentine manner, and molded strings of radiant blue light that interspersed throughout its tenderly white, flocculent stature.

Thomas smiled astutely, "Lapras, use Surf and attempt to intercept her advance." Naturally, the graceful fowl struck the gargantuan cresting waves with much force, that despite its immensity, paled in comparison to its raw strength.

"Lapras, turn the tide of this battle, and use Sheer Cold."

In a blink of an eye, the massive cresting waves of gushing water had been congealed into a sculpture of solid ice; crystalline spires roughly protruded from the rough, jagged crests of the formerly gushing tides. Much to Maya's disdain, Togekiss was also frozen solid.

She cursed. Damn. I should've been more careful.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There was nothing else that I wanted to say at the moment. Well truth be told, I was running out of things to say at the moment. The battle seemed to now be tied with the Togekiss falling to a Sheer Cold.

Meh. Pure luck that was. I thought. I never like those attacks that were always a 1 hit KO because they were based off luck. Those moves like Sheer Cold are very inaccurate. As I watched, I started hoping that Maya would win this battle because of that move.

I looked at my Eevee, who was now sleeping. It had been a long day already and I hadn't even had my first battle yet. I started to think of pokemon I would use in my first battle. Honestly it depended on who I was up against. My Krookodile had a special move that normal Krookodiles couldn't learn and would surely surprise the person I was up against.

I took a few minutes to form a strategy in my head and I knew I was ready. Everything was finally how it should be, at least for now. Everyone was watching the battle, and there was no interruptions.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn grew quiet as her conversation with Iruko faded. She gazed back out onto the battlefield, where Togekiss had been hit by a lucky Sheer Cold. It's highly unlikely that one hit K.O. moves hit, she thought, mentally frowning. I hope my opponent doesn't use any. I mean, my Pokemon are quick, but still...Not even Arceus could survive an attack like that. Loryn began wondering how one hit K.O.'s were so strong. They honestly could knock out a legendary Pokemon no matter what the level - as long as the move hit. She wondered if it would be worth her while to teach any of her team one of the destructive moves. Her team knew lots of diverse moves already that she hoped would throw off her opponents.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I sit on the chair and something seems to bump in my bag, kinda urting my back. I swing it off and place it on the floor beneath my feet. I end up getting frustrated that I'm not checking to see what it was that was so heavy in my bag that I put it on my lap. Lucario jumps in surprise. He's seen something with his aura probably. I look at him curiously.

"What is it boy?" He point in the bag so I grab my hand and dig into the bag. I find the source and pull it out. It's an ordinary pokéball? I find nothing pleasing about it so I chuck it back into my bag to inspect later. Instead of moaning about my back I decide to watch the battle instead, Maya's togekiss has been hit by a sheer cold. I'm not so sure about the score considering I havn't been watching this battle long, but I presume Maya's winning because Togekiss was first out, unless he switced through the battle. I don't know, but what I do know is Maya's togekiss isn't as nimble as I thought it would be.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    ".. Unbelievable. H- how?" Maya was visibly baffled, her expression dazed, as an apparent testament of her utter astonishment; truth be told, she hadn't anticipated such a catastrophe to unfold as subtle and as surreptitious as it had. As agile and as deft Togekiss was, how could she have not eluded such a grave fatality?

"You haven't realize it yet.. ? The only fatal oversight you've failed to see.. ?" Thomas asked, albeit in a derisively lulled tone of voice.

Maya stuttered, in sheer marvel, "One.. f-fatal oversight?"

"Precisely."

Regaining her formerly placid demeanor, Maya spoke, her tone calm, her words articulated finely clear, "Please do tell of this oversight."

"As you wish."

Thomas cleared his voice, and spoke, his tone richly deep. "The grand 'Air Slash' maneuver posed quite a threat, even for someone as brisk as Machamp. However, onto more pressing matters. 'Surf' was only a catalyst for 'Sheer Cold,' a maneuver normally considered as 'horribly inaccurate,' if you will. But, in hindsight, it isn't nearly as inaccurate as people make it out to be. Not in the very least."

He continued, his tone still as cool and crisp, "To make things simpler, my intention of using 'Surf' was not to completely intercept, but to lure Togekiss."

Maya chimed in, "And then exact a well- timed 'Sheer Cold' to the wave of water, aware that Togekiss would also be caught in the crossfire."

Thomas smiled wryly, "Exactly. It would be a hassle to attempt to exact such an inaccurate move to a moving target."

"I see."

"As you've said before Thomas, don't expect an easy victory. Jolteon, bathe your opponent in thunder!" A yellow- hued, dog- like Pokemon, graced the elongated platform, its four delicately ravishing golden legs upright with valor.

"Jolteon, agility, and then follow up with continuous 'Thunder Fang' maneuvers!" Maya bellowed assuredly.

"Lapras, body sla-" The blue plesiosaur endeavored to evade a rapid succession of rapidly executed feints and advances from what seemed like a golden streak of light, but alas, it could hardly elude them, let alone retaliate in accordance to the imminent flurry of strikes, succumbing to them, until it was overcome with anguish, falling to its russet, caramel- hued flippers, as a gesture of its defeat.

Thomas' formerly calm red eyes widened in pure amazement, "What speed.. To be able to supersede Togekiss' velocity in air.. is quite a feat."

((I'll be finishing this in one more post. I think I dragged it out a tad bit. Sorry about that.))

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn glanced at Yuki as the contents of his bag gave off a muffled bump. Curiousity knawed at her until he revealed the source to be an ordinary Pokemon. Her lips pulled downwards into a disappointed frown, and she turned back to the battle as Maya released her next Pokemon of choice after Togekiss' unfortunate knock out.

A little yellow Jolteon appeared in a crack of light from its pokeball. So Maya has an Eeveelution too, Loryn thought, gazing down at her own. However, Vaporeon wasn't there.

"What the..?" Her head snapped up to see the little blue Pokemon with her paws pressed against the glass windows of the observation area, barking in excitement. Loryn stifled a snort; she should've known Vaporeon would be going nuts at the release of the electric-type evolution of Eevee. "Get back here Vaporeon, you can play with Jolteon later," she laughed quietly as her dejected Pokemon sulked back over to her feet. She stuck her tounge out at her trainer then, with a smug feeling of victory, sat down and continued to watch her fellow Eeveelution.

Years
  • 'I just can't wait for everyone to ignore the fact that this Thomas guy gave Maya's Togekiss, hypothermia.' Seth joked in his head, if not just to selfishly make himself feel better. He reapeated his thought once more and followed up with a quiet yet audiable laugh. "Hahaha, for sure..." He wispered his statement shaking his head. Thomas and Maya exchanged some words before Maya sent out a Jolteon to counteract Tom's Lapras. The electric Pokemon was fast no doubt, even before it used Agility to it's advantage landing multiple Thunder Fangs on it's opponent. Maya was a pretty decent trainer from what Seth could tell. Jolteon made quick work of Tom's Lapras, leaving him with just one more Pokemon, Maya definatly had the upper hand.

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
    Years
  • Chapter 1: The Journey Begins:

Max was in the Orre region, searching until he found what he was looking for. 'Got it' Max thought to himself as he tried to heave a giant boulder out of his way. Max threw one of his five Pokéballs on his up into the air and soon fell flat on his face. Max let out a cry of agony. He was used to falling over, he was a natural klutz. Max looked up to see the familiar face of his Samurott, Musk, looking down at him wearing a slight grin.
    "Alright Musk can you use strength on this boulder to move it out of the way please." Max said to his strong looking Samurott.
    "Rooooot!" Musk yelled as he pushed the boulder swiftly out of the way.
    "Thanks Musk. Return!" Max said as he returned the Samurott to his Pokéball. Max took a deep breath as he entered the cave.

Deep in the forest an Eevee with sparkling blue eyes and a waved tuft of hair that pricked up off of his forehead. Was being attacked by a swarm of Beedrill, an invisible being watched down on this from above waiting. The Beedrill moved in closer. Eevee flinched, trapped scared and alone.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I feel slightly lonely and abandoned, yet I have my Lucario with me. Somehow this doesn't seem to help my cause. The battles taking a while, so both trainers are pretty strong. Maybe I just got lucky with the crap ones. My phone device bleeps, and I really can't be bothered to move so I answer in among the rest of my fellow trainers.

"I saw you're battle you know," a familiar voice sounds, I know who it is, it's the priests, but I doubt they are happy. I prepare myself for some lecture.
    "Fine work with your Lucario, he is very skilled, oh and you may have noticed a pokéball in your bag?" I recall the strange aparently empty pokéball in my bah.

"Yeah," I say. I havn't exactly said much considering I'm around other people.

"It's got a special pokémon inside that might help you with your battle. It's a very powerful pokémon that we all trained from a young baby. Take care of it, it can be quite dangerous sometimes."

"I will thank you"

The phone hangs up and I'm left with a little rush of ecitement and curiosity. What could it be? I don't want to reveal it, considering Loryn already knows the five other members of my team, and I want to cause some shocks if it's really that rare. This will be fun.

Maxew555

Years
  • Chapter 2: The Pulse:

Eevee's tuft fell to form a fringe on his forehead as the Beedrill closed in on him. Sweat trickled down from under Eevee's fringe as the heat from the volcano bellowed down upon them. The Beedrill, poised and ready for battle, began to use poison sting. The poison flew towards Eevee, getting closer and closer still. Eevee was done for. All of a sudden, there was a swift burst of light and a pulse of air was released from the space that Eevee was standing in. Eevee was saved! Eevee started to run, and the Beedrill perused. Another pulse of air was released, but this time stronger, so strong that Eevee was thrown into the air, to another place.

Max continued through the cave as a small gust of wind hit him, he looked back, continued walking and then tripped over a rock on the ground. Max pulled himself to his feet, then was hit by a stronger gust of wind, the ground started to shake as rock started to hone in on the entrance. Max dashed to the entrance, jumped atop of a rock as another fell but was narrowly dodged by Max. He was about to jump off of the rock and away from the cavern, to safety, when something tumbled from above him, knocking him to the ground, within the cavern.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    The sly expression that Thomas had bore further provoked Maya's unease. It felt as if, despite such a grave loss, that it was certainly clear he had already contemplated a stratagem of sorts. An air of composure emanated from Thomas, his countenance reflected that of his steady calm. Though, this provided little comfort.

Thomas smiled wryly, "It seems that I've been driven into a corner. Most impressive." Naturally, Maya returned his rather awry smile, albeit blandly, her expression as languid as her smile.

"Garchomp, stand your ground." A dominantly bright sapphire dragon graced the already marred platform, its crescent, rough jet- like appendages assuming a rather aggressive form and its robust, sinewy tail undulating in sheer thrill.

"Take flight with agility, Garchomp." In a blink of an eye, the glimmering sapphire dragon made an instant ascent, its momentum comparable to that of Jolteon's formerly unparalleled rapidity of movement. Maya sighed in utter disdain. He's so unbelievably fast.. Not to mention, I'm at a type- disadvantage, with Garchomp being a ground type. And to top it all of, he has an aerial advantage also. What course of action should I take.. ? What would be best.. ?

"Garchomp, agility with a 'Dragon Rush' attack! Aim well!"

Maya retorted, her tone richly intense. "Jolteon, brace yourself with 'Dig!' Be as careful as you can! We have to make sure we evade that strike!"

The dominantly blue dragon began a hurriedly paced spiral descent, its momentum overwhelmingly fast and its blade- like, jet like appendages unfolded. The yellow, dog- like Pokemon began an excavation underground, to act as its safe haven from the imminent strike. A deep crater molded into the platform, as Garchomp had made its coarse disembarkation. Much to Maya's relief, Jolteon had eluded the grave strike.

"Jolteon, it's time to let down the curtains! Muster your remaining strength, and let it all out in one shot! Use 'Thunder', now!"

Thomas retorted, as fiercely as Maya had. "Garchomp, let loose a 'Hyper Beam' also!"

Streaks of bright, golden lightning, and a stream of an emerald light melded in vivid harmony; a picturesque display of colors captivated the setting with luminous, vibrant streaks of gold and emerald light. The jet- like dragon mustered a remainder of its strength, but alas, it faded into unconsciousness; its defeat marked Maya's hard- fought victory, though, much to Thomas' chagrin, despite his utmost efforts.

He spoke, his tone yet still richly, but sincerely deep. "Congratulations, Maya. You did well. Be proud of yourself."

Maya smiled ingratiatingly, "I could say the same about you! You were fantastic and awesome! Those strategies.. amazing!"

"Thanks. That means a lot. In any case.. I'll be eyeing your future matches. Be sure to do well." Thomas said, graciously thanking the jubilant maiden.

Maya laughed pleasantly, "It's no problem; honestly, thank yourself for a job well done, not me. And as for my other matches.. you can count on that! I'll always be doing my best!"

((And scene. Finally! Kinda rushed, but eh?))

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn watched the battle at the edge of her seat. She wondered what Pokemon Thomas would send out next after the defeat of his Lapras. A bright white light emitting from his pokeball revealed a menacing looking Garchomp. Maya was at a serious type advantage here; Garchomp was a dual Dragon/Ground type so Electric type attacks had no effect on him. She wondered what Maya's strategy would be.

The Garchomp shot off at at surprisingly quick rate, his Dragon Rush charging. Jolteon quickly evaded the attack with dig. Thomas ordered his Pokemon to use Hyper Beam as his little yellow dog-like opponent appeared, and Maya ordered a Thunder to counter the attack. The two beams clashed in strength until Garchomp fell over, unconscious. Loryn was stunned. Jolteon must've been very strong to take out a Garchomp in two attacks, let alone one of them being electric type.

She was glad that her friend had achieved victory however, using only two of her Pokemon nonetheless. It would be exciting to battle her in the future...That is, if Loryn even made it past the first round. She gulped hard, there was only three of them left to go, wasnt there?

Maxew555

Years
  • Chapter 3: Burn:

Max stirred and then awoke. He looked around to find an Eevee out cold, lying on the floor next to him. He stood up and looked intently at the Eevee, it was the first Eevee he had ever seen with a fringe, or a hair style at all. 'I never knew Eevee could fly' Max joked with himself 'But then again, I never thought parallel worlds existed either but I was wrong about that' he thought to himself. Eevee soon awoke and check his surroundings, he looked at the rocks blocking the exit then focused his stare on Max. Eevee poised to attack, but then fell back. Max leant down to look at Eevee's leg, he spotted a raw and tender cut. He dug through his bag and pulled out a potion. Max then reached for Eevee's leg, only to receive a kick in the face. "Calm down, this medicine will make you feel better" Max said in a soothing voice. Eevee calmed down and allowed Max to use the potion, Eevee flinched from the sting of the medicine, but then relaxed. Max smiled, but Eevee turned away.
    "Yeah, I'll check the secret entrance!" Max heard a deep voice yell, panic shot through Max and Eevee. Max saw a shadow in the corner, it was approaching. Max threw another one of his Pokéballs in the air to reveal his Pokémon partner from birth, Ember, his Emboar. The figure must have heard something as it swiftly jumped around the corner. Max, Eevee and Ember faced the man as he commanded his newly spotted Houndour to use Flamethrower. Max jumped right and Ember and Eevee jumped left. It was a Team Magma grunt! Max quickly commanded Ember to use Heat Crash which swiftly took out the opposition. The Team Magma grunt ran away calling for backup as Max looked down at Eevee, he had a burnt leg. Max looked around frantically in desperation. 'What do I do now?' Max thought to himself.

Years
  • "Congradulations to our third match winner, Maya Aldaine! And a good show by both competors!" The announcer called over his intercom. "Up next! Karl Parren who previously made it the Semi-Finals of our last two Annual Tournaments! His opponent, yet another newcommer, Iruko!"

Seth faced Iruko who was sitting near Loryn, Seth was a bit anxious to see how this man battled as well, he looked quite capable of handeling himself. As Maya returned to the viewing booth, Seth smiled slightly. "Nice job, Maya. Makes me not wait for our battle even more." He spoke casually before sounding sarcastic again. "Need Charmeleon to dethaw your Togekiss?"

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Maya, whom was quite pleased of Seth's complements, lightheartedly thanked him, with a slight hint of subtly deprecating humor, "Thanks, Seth! That means an awful lot-- of course, coming from someone who's just so full of himself all the time. It's certainly a nice change from the usual, narcissistic response." Piqued by Seth's remark of their imminent clash, Maya spoke, her tone vibrantly blithe, "Oh, and speaking of our future battle.. you'd better try your hardest to make it to the finals. Or else you'll never hear end of it from me, if you don't." She laughed mirthfully at Seth's mention of Togekiss' imperative need to be thawed, "Oh, you and your stupidly sly remarks. Togekiss would rampage, if Charmeleon ever came close to setting her on fire like that."

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn looked skyward, as if she could see the voice coming from the intercom that announced the two new opponents. Iruko and somebody named Karl Parren. She breathed a sigh of relief, having a least one more battle before her own calmed her nerves slightly. It was getting down the the last few people so she was bound to be up any time now. Her Vaporeon stared at the battlefield in anticipation; was she actually excited to battle?

Loryn glanced over her shoulder as Maya entered the room after her victory. Seth sarcastically congratulated her but the girl threw back some fiery retorts of her own. Loryn snorted in amusement, then quickly covering her smirking mouth. She really liked having Maya around to give Seth a taste of his own medicine once in a while. "It was a nice battle though," she cut in, her grin growing wider as her hand dropped back to her lap, "Your Pokemon are much stronger than I imagined. Jolteon versus Garchomp had me on the edge of my seat!"

Back