• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Relic Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukari

Hi Pokecommunity
    Pokemon Relic Version
    this is my second attempt to create a Pokemon Rom hack. This Rom hack though doesn't follow the Pokemon formula, Instead it has more of a story and doesn't end in an anticlimactic battle against the champion. I've spent the last year studying Rom Hacking and this is Is what I've made so far. Oh and if you read this I would Like it if you comment :) I'm open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism but if you spam I will personally contact the moderator. okay?
    Pokemon Relic Version

Features

- New FAR Darker story
    - Generation 4&5 moves
    - New Moves
    - New Region
    - All Pokemon Up to Generation 3 Can be caught
    - A few new songs
    - A new tileset
    - New Hero/Heroin
    - ALL CAPS WORDS removed
    - Side Quest to keep you playing after you complete the story
    - Secret dungeons with legendary Pokemon
    - Oh Did I mention you can catch a Shiny Raquaza? {XD}

The Story

Spoiler:

Screen shots
    Old
    Spoiler:

New (The tree looks like ****)
    Pokemon Relic Version

Pokemon Relic Version

Pokemon Relic Version
    This is the Male protagonist I call him Asher
    Pokemon Relic Version
    This is the Female Protagonist I call her Morgan
    Tools Used
    Advanced Map – LU-OH
    Extreme Script Editor – Hackmew
    unlzgba – Hackmew
    Advance text – scizz
    YAPE – Silver314

Bugs

Red = severe game breaking bug.
    Yellow = unfixable (to my knowledge) but not serous.
    Green = fixable And will be fixed by the next update.
    Strikeout = Fixed

As soon as you set foot on route 2 the game crashes
    __
    Progress toward Pre-alpha: 68.333%

Mapping - 90% Why the sudden drop? Cause I added a new segment to the story :)
    Scripting - 2% Oh gosh. Its even LOWER now.
    Sprites\Tiles - 100% With the OW Sprites done All Graphics are Ready :)

Userbar That I know nobody will use Cause' everybody hates my hack {XD}
    HTML:
    [URL=https://s1295.photobucket.com/user/xVaporeonUserbars/media/pokemonrelic_zps0b30266b.png.html][IMG]https://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b627/xVaporeonUserbars/pokemonrelic_zps0b30266b.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Pokemon Relic Version

Thanks to xVaporeon

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    Well.. there's not much to see in those screenshots. Since the only thing
    change there is the map and the palettes. No script screenshots or anything?
    Also the bug that you say-- "Route 1 plays the wrong theme" Can it not be
    edited via Advance map? New songs, finally, yay. Er.. the story is fine. But
    can you give out more details in it? Overall, you can still make this better than
    before/now. Good luck on this and always have fun hacking! ^^

Yukari

Well.. there's not much to see in those screenshots. Since the only thing
    change there is the map and the palettes. No script screenshots or anything?
    Also the bug that you say-- "Route 1 plays the wrong theme" Can it not be
    edited via Advance map? New songs, finally, yay. Er.. the story is fine. But
    can you give out more details in it? Overall, you can still make this better than
    before/now. Good luck on this and always have fun hacking! ^^

Actually there are more changes Than just the pallets I made some new tiles And there will be even more tiles later in development. I haven't made any scripts but when I do I'll Immediately upload a screenshot, and no It "says" it plays the Right theme but it doesn't I can fix that. the story takes on sort of a Mystery persona so I don't want to reveal too much as I will Ruin the game

Last edited:

Yukari

Could you show a little more of the game please?

I'm going to Upload some more screenshots In... about an hour

UPDATE:
    Pokemon Relic Version

Pokemon Relic Version

This is oak city The Third city in my hack where you fight the first boss

Last edited:

Yukari

The script gives you the Pokemon but doesn't play any text.~_~

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
    Years
    :) thing is though you hack had about 10 times as many views as mine :(

I started somwhere too! I didnt even know the thread was aproved at the time :p i looked at pc a week later and i saw that my thread had 34 posts and 2,500 views i cant explain how happy i was to see all the positive reactions came too late at school because of that i think the title Pokemon Z version did it for me because of pokemon x and y, but on toppic what i try to say is that your hack will get recognized sooner or later just wait and see and work hard on it,

Yukari

I started somwhere too! I didnt even know the thread was aproved at the time :p i looked at pc a week later and i saw that my thread had 34 posts and 2,500 views i cant explain how happy i was to see all the positive reactions came too late at school because of that i think the title Pokemon Z version did it for me because of pokemon x and y, but on toppic what i try to say is that your hack will get recognized sooner or later just wait and see and work hard on it,
    Eh, it'll probably get more views when I finish the pre-alpha. :)

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen May 18, 2020
    I scanned through the screenshots, and I see a lot of errors. First, fix the grass tile. The color looks like vomit. Your mapping is also somewhat squared, and you've left lots of places "undecorated", which means it requires more greenery (Please, no vomit grass tile greeneries) this is an amateur mistake which cannot be fixed, technically. But with time and passion for the work, you should improve. Good luck :)

Yukari

I scanned through the screenshots, and I see a lot of errors. First, fix the grass tile. The color looks like vomit. Your mapping is also somewhat squared, and you've left lots of places "undecorated", which means it requires more greenery (Please, no vomit grass tile greeneries) this is an amateur mistake which cannot be fixed, technically. But with time and passion for the work, you should improve. Good luck :)
    Really I don't get what you mean By "The color looks like vomit." I personally like the grass tile :( But If I get a lot of complaints about it than I'll change the grass tile :)

I Made a Grass tile so what do you think?
    Pokemon Relic Version

Last edited by a moderator:

~Shy

Excuse my grammar I'm Filipino
    Years
    Yea I don't like the grass make my eyes hurt
    I think he meant is the color is too/kinda bright

Yukari

Yea I don't like the grass make my eyes hurt
    I think he meant is the color is too/kinda bright
    The color Isn't that bright. If it hurts your eyes then something is wrong with you monitor, or your eyes.

It'll be a while before my hack is finished ;-; cause' my script doesn't display any text :(. I even asked Dr. fuji for help but the @%$@#&! Script won't work :( If I fix it I'll immediately post. (I suck at scripting BTW.)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back