• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Relic Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    Hmmm.. A very nice hack, indeed. Keep it up!

Oh, and one thing, you should include the credits in your thread.

Very well, good luck!

Yukari

Hmmm.. A very nice hack, indeed. Keep it up!

Oh, and one thing, you should include the credits in your thread.

Very well, good luck!
    Nobody else has done anything. Other than the people who made the tools, And they are Given credit.

Yukari

Pokemon Relic Version

Pokemon Relic Version

I'm not sure I want that to be a pine tree though
    Pokemon Relic Version

The first battle I scripted :). (I feel that I have accomplished something :).)
    Pokemon Relic Version

I don't know why it says "the mom" but it works (thanks to drfuji :))

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    Alright I made some new tiles
    Pokemon Relic Version

Pokemon Relic Version

I'm not sure I want that to be a pine tree though
    Pokemon Relic Version

The first battle I scripted :). (I feel that I have accomplished something :).)
    Pokemon Relic Version

I don't know why it says "the mom" but it works (thanks to drfuji :))

Your first screenshot.. The tree looks too bad. The palette is not good.
    It doesn't blend that good and it's a big turn off yet too green.
    Your second screenshot, good work. Make sure you go for more! ^^
    The third screeny, That "the mom" is wrong. It should be "mom" only.
    Therefore..
    Code:
    [Player] received a Pikachu from Mom.
    Good luck!

Yukari

The Decapitalisation and Gen 4 and 5 moves makes me think you've used my rombase.
    If that's the case you'll definitely need a credits list.

No, Everything In this Hack is by me, only one script by Drfuji is the only thing I didn't make. I didn't even know you made a rom base until you commented. Just because my hack has Decapitalisation and Gen 4 and 5 moves doesn't mean I used your rom base.

EDIT: If You look at the second screenshot In my last update then you can see that TEAM ROCKET GRUNT hasn't been Decapitalized proving that I didn't use your rombase

Your first screenshot.. The tree looks too bad. The palette is not good.
    It doesn't blend that good and it's a big turn off yet too green.
    Your second screenshot, good work. Make sure you go for more!
    Pokemon Relic Version

The third screeny, That "the mom" is wrong. It should be "mom" only.
    Therefore..
    Code:
    [Player] received a Pikachu from Mom.
    Good luck!

I know that the tree's Pallet isn't good, I'll change it, or make a tree where the pallet will work better.
    also I know the script is wrong but I didn't change it to say "the mom"

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hmm sorry but those main characters could be MUCH better.... all you did was change a few colors with them. The tiles are kinda weird, but the story sounds pretty cool.

Yukari

Hmm sorry but those main characters could be MUCH better.... all you did was change a few colors with them. The tiles are kinda weird, but the story sounds pretty cool.

I don't intend to keep the main characters In the full game and I did change The male character more I also intend to make some more tiles and redo the pallets. The story is definitely the high point in the game Its going to have moments that will BLOW YOUR MIND (I hope :))

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    No, Everything In this Hack is by me, only one script by Drfuji is the only thing I didn't make. I didn't even know you made a rom base until you commented. Just because my hack has Decapitalisation and Gen 4 and 5 moves doesn't mean I used your rom base.

EDIT: If You look at the second screenshot In my last update then you can see that TEAM ROCKET GRUNT hasn't been Decapitalized proving that I didn't use your rombase

Alrighty, was just checking, just in case.

Best of luck !

Yukari

Pokemon Relic Version

I made some more tiles. but I'll redo that tree Cause I looks like **** (that's Right all I Did was put asterisks there.)

Yukari

UPDATE: I felt that the beginning In my game was a but Rushed so I decided to add a new segment to the story. Cause' there was no hook to my game.

Yukari

It looks horrible! the maps are empty D: Try looking at good maps..
    That's only a test map so I can look at the tiles. Those Empty spaces are only so I can see how the various tiles blend together. In fact most of my recent screenshots have been from that test map so we can see the new tiles

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    Nobody else has done anything. Other than the people who made the tools, And they are Given credit.

Even if thats the only thing in your pocket, you still need to give credits, thats one of the rule buddy :)

EDIT: I also felt that you use MrDollSteak's ROM base. Better tell the truth buddy.

EDIT(AGAIN): Your mapping sucks. All your maps are just empty and null. Better put more details there bud. Like trees, etc.

Very well, good luck!

Last edited:

Yukari

Even if thats the only thing in your pocket, you still need to give credits, thats one of the rule buddy :)

EDIT: I also felt that you use MrDollSteak's ROM base. Better tell the truth buddy.

EDIT(AGAIN): Your mapping sucks. All your maps are just empty and null. Better put more details there bud. Like trees, etc.

Very well, good luck!

First, I gave credits to the makers of the tools.

Second, Why won't you look at the Damn Screenshots? TEAM ROCKET GRUNT was still all capital letters. I didn't even know that MrDollSteak Existed before he commented much less that he made a rom base. (although, In Retrospect It would have saved me a lot of time.) I see a rom base as something only lazy people use, Or something for rom hackers to use that don't have the skill, and I don't fit either criteria. (I REALLY want to scream profanity at you right now.)

Third, That's why I made a thread! I know I'm not the best mapper but I have improved, and I'm Going to redo the maps in the game as of now, But, the two most recent screenshots are from a test map, By that a mean I Completely redid Oak city and am using the previous map as a test map. Did I come in here saying HAY LOOK AT THIS NEW MAP I MADE ISN"T IT ******* AWESOME :):):):)!?

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    First, I gave credits to the makers of the tools.

Second, Why won't you look at the Damn Screenshots? TEAM ROCKET GRUNT was still all capital letters. I didn't even know that MrDollSteak Existed before he commented much less that he made a rom base. (although, In Retrospect It would have saved me a lot of time.) I see a rom base as something only lazy people use, Or something for rom hackers to use that don't have the skill, and I don't fit either criteria. (I REALLY want to scream profanity at you right now.)

Third, That's why I made a thread! I know I'm not the best mapper but I have improved, and I'm Going to redo the maps in the game as of now, But, the two most recent screenshots are from a test map, By that a mean I Completely redid Oak city and am using the previous map as a test map. Did I come in here saying HAY LOOK AT THIS NEW MAP I MADE ISN"T IT ******* AWESOME :):):):)!?

Woah, woah.. easy there budd. I'm just also checking. Okay okay, don't be so angry. [it makes you look a like a noob ;) ]

Very well then. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    Well since this hack is named Pokemon Relic Version, if you havent already thought of this I think having the fossil pokemon as starters would be good... partly because ive been looking for one with fossil starters and partly because it would match the title.

Yukari

Woah, woah.. easy there budd. I'm just also checking. Okay okay, don't be so angry. [it makes you look a like a noob ;) ]

Very well then. Good luck!

I have almost no patience... especially when people ask about something they could find out by looking at what is literally in their face. But anyway I'm going to shelve this project for a while... but I'll come back when I have more skill In terms of scripting I HATE Scripting, Which is Ironic considering that I love programming. But Until then I'm going to shelve this. If a scripter would like to help me out the Pm me.
    Well since this hack is named Pokemon Relic Version, if you haven't already thought of this I think having the fossil Pokemon as starters would be good... partly because I've been looking for one with fossil starters and partly because it would match the title.
    This game doesn't have starters, at all, you obtain a Pikachu because
    Spoiler:
    Instead the Title "Relic Version" has a significances to the plot. You can get the fossil Pokemon early in the game though

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back