• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Rocket Strike (IPS-Patch released!)

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Haven't played Pokemon Quartz so I can't compare them. Well,...you know...play it and find out for yourself!!!!

Just kidding, most of the places are probably familiar but some areas won't. Same for the key events. Most of the dialogue has been changed though.

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
Years
For everyone who is complaining about not being able to find a ROM hack because you don't use Windows (Mac user here!), I can tell you how you can figure out how to download Rocket Strike on your own. You'll need to have some basic knowledge of HTML to know what you're looking for but it can be done (I just did it). Before we start and just so you're clear, Vizzler won't be of any use, so don't try this with their site.

First, try to find a site that has the ROM that you can play in the browser (i.e. with a Flash-based emulator, etc).
Second, right click and select "Inspect Element" in Chrome (if you don't have Chrome, Safari and Firefox have similar functions) somewhere near the player.
Third, try to find the emulator. If you're using Chrome, this is easy because whenever you hover over a tag, it will highlight it for you.
Fourth, if the Emulator is a Flash-based emulator, you'll want to look for a tag like this (but, with brackets around it).
param name="flashvars" value="system=gba&url=/gba/Pokemon_Rocket_Strike.zip"
If you've found it, you're almost there! The last step is to apply that URL. I highlighted the URL for the ROM in Bold but it's relative to the path that you would need to use to find it. So, if you found it at http://example.fake, your next logical step is to go to http://example.fake/gba/Pokemon_Rocket_Strike.zip. If you found it at http://example.fake/sample/, then you can try http://example.fake/sample/gba/Pokemon_Rocket_Strike.zip or http://example.fake/gba/Pokemon_Rocket_Strike.zip.

Happy hunting and note that I didn't tell a soul where the ROM is or where I found it. Just how to find it for themselves!

Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Years
For everyone who is complaining about not being able to find a ROM hack because you don't use Windows (Mac user here!), I can tell you how you can figure out how to download Rocket Strike on your own. You'll need to have some basic knowledge of HTML to know what you're looking for but it can be done (I just did it). Before we start and just so you're clear, Vizzler won't be of any use, so don't try this with their site.

First, try to find a site that has the ROM that you can play in the browser (i.e. with a Flash-based emulator, etc).
Second, right click and select "Inspect Element" in Chrome (if you don't have Chrome, Safari and Firefox have similar functions) somewhere near the player.
Third, try to find the emulator. If you're using Chrome, this is easy because whenever you hover over a tag, it will highlight it for you.
Fourth, if the Emulator is a Flash-based emulator, you'll want to look for a tag like this (but, with brackets around it).
param name="flashvars" value="system=gba&url=/gba/Pokemon_Rocket_Strike.zip"
If you've found it, you're almost there! The last step is to apply that URL. I highlighted the URL for the ROM in Bold but it's relative to the path that you would need to use to find it. So, if you found it at http://example.fake, your next logical step is to go to http://example.fake/gba/Pokemon_Rocket_Strike.zip. If you found it at http://example.fake/sample/, then you can try http://example.fake/sample/gba/Pokemon_Rocket_Strike.zip or http://example.fake/gba/Pokemon_Rocket_Strike.zip.

Happy hunting and note that I didn't tell a soul where the ROM is or where I found it. Just how to find it for themselves!

Whoa. That's a new way involving HTML, never thought about that (just proves that dem Internet skillz are worth it^^).

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
Years
As for the game itself, here's what I have to say (so far):

So, right now, I'm in Safari Town (which is the game's version of Saffron City) and I have to say that this game is interesting. Different starters and some interesting dialogue and interactions... albeit sometimes a bit poorly written, misspelled and buggy, not to mention a wider variety of pokémon available. I know that before I left the game's version of Pewter City, I already had four out of the six members of my team selected... which I should have gone for 6/6 given how tough it is to grind, given the spike in levels. The spike in levels makes the game a bit more challenging, though and the interactions with your rival are interesting (not to mention the interactions with other figures in the overworld, such as the hostility you get from gym leaders because you're a member of Team Rocket).

One question, though, when I go into the Safari Zone to try to get HM03, the house it is in has three people surrounding the entrance, making it impossible for me to reach the guy you normally get the HM from. Is this temporary or is there another way to get the HM?

AmazingCharizard

Years
As for the game itself, here's what I have to say (so far):

So, right now, I'm in Safari Town (which is the game's version of Saffron City) and I have to say that this game is interesting. Different starters and some interesting dialogue and interactions... albeit sometimes a bit poorly written, misspelled and buggy, not to mention a wider variety of pokémon available. I know that before I left the game's version of Pewter City, I already had four out of the six members of my team selected... which I should have gone for 6/6 given how tough it is to grind, given the spike in levels. The spike in levels makes the game a bit more challenging, though and the interactions with your rival are interesting (not to mention the interactions with other figures in the overworld, such as the hostility you get from gym leaders because you're a member of Team Rocket).

One question, though, when I go into the Safari Zone to try to get HM03, the house it is in has three people surrounding the entrance, making it impossible for me to reach the guy you normally get the HM from. Is this temporary or is there another way to get the HM?

Thanks for sharing me some insight. Mostly agree with all you've said. Safari Town is actually Fuchsia City in the games :)
Regarding your question: the place is right, but you're obviously missing something...
Spoiler:

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
Years
Thanks for sharing me some insight. Mostly agree with all you've said. Safari Town is actually Fuchsia City in the games :)
Regarding your question: the place is right, but you're obviously missing something...
Spoiler:

Sorry about the transposition of Fuchsia/Saffron City, I guess I must have thought Saffron because same starting letters, even though I know it's Fuschia. :)

Ah, so that was the problem. I actually wanted to get the Surf HM anyway because of the fact that it'd be a really kick ass move for my Milotic. Meh, but it wasn't to be anyway, last night my computer had a kernel panic and I lost all of the grinding I did on my Milotic/Swablu, so I started the game anew. :)

véronique

Shiroshipping, FTW!
Years
o! One more thing...
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Hi, thought the story was going to be alot different to firered rather than a parallel universe (some things were not changed atall) but liked the much needed increase in difficulty and the number of pokemon made available. It does have its glitches (dodgy speak bubbles, missing double pokemon, level changes after evolution for some pokemon) but it is a good game by anyone's standards. I've not completed it yet, only just got to Safari Town (Fuchsia city), but it is promising and thought I would thank you :)

(my 2 cents)

Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Years
So, I finally completed the Elite 4 and I can't get back to the Sevii Islands. I'm also wondering, how do you get into the after game? (I also apologise for the size of the screenshot, I've been playing this on a Retina MacBook Pro).

So that guy won't leave? Did you leave the area and came back? He shouldn't be there. Because that should be the way back to the Sevii islands. From there you can play whatever is going in ze izlands ^^

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
If you go into your start menu then click all programs, then click vizzed retro game room then click open rom data folder then go to roms then you can play it on visual boy advance or whatever gba emulator you have... I tried to just play it on vizzed, but my laptop and that site have problems with each other, so I found this, now im playing the game in full screen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Hello,
This looks awesome! Can you please provide any team rocket oriented screenshots? Thanks!
Speaking of Team Rocket, anyone play/heart of the "Team Rocket Edition" rom? It's in Spanish... Wish someone would translate it to English.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Can you just not post the IPS file? :/// The stupid site you linked doesn't work for me...

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
The game is awesome. One complaint though. Holy hell is it too hard! I mean really? Giovanni with a level 75 Mewtwo?
My Pokemon are barely level 62 and I've battled every trainer. I'm just barely beating people. Just got to 'Misty' in Victory Road and, of course, lost to her. I am literally terrified of facing the Elite Four.

Its kinda hard to have fun when all I'm doing is screaming obscenities at the game and losing my mind and my patience.

Though I don't mean to sound ungrateful the game truly is amazing. The story is great. Its just too hard to progress.

AmazingCharizard

Years
The game is awesome. One complaint though. Holy hell is it too hard! I mean really? Giovanni with a level 75 Mewtwo?
My Pokemon are barely level 62 and I've battled every trainer. I'm just barely beating people. Just got to 'Misty' in Victory Road and, of course, lost to her. I am literally terrified of facing the Elite Four.

Its kinda hard to have fun when all I'm doing is screaming obscenities at the game and losing my mind and my patience.

Though I don't mean to sound ungrateful the game truly is amazing. The story is great. Its just too hard to progress.

You're god damn right it is hard. But hopefully manageable as you must have beaten quite a few trainers by now ;)
Well, through my playthroughs I had at least one Pokemon which was a few levels above foe's Pokemon but maybe just because I knew what was coming anyway lol.
Glad you like it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
Sorry to post so quickly, but how does Snorunt evolve to Froslass? I have a female Snorunt at level 39 that keeps evolving into Glalie. Your first post said Snorunt evolves into Glalie/Froslass. Either you forgot to add it, or its evolution is similar to Wurmple in that its random?

AmazingCharizard

Years
Sorry to post so quickly, but how does Snorunt evolve to Froslass? I have a female Snorunt at level 39 that keeps evolving into Glalie. Your first post said Snorunt evolves into Glalie/Froslass. Either you forgot to add it, or its evolution is similar to Wurmple in that its random?

Just looked it up, its evolution works just like Wurmple's evolution. I am not sure if I made Froslass catchable somewhere but anyway, that's how things are(I love Froslass, should've given a better evolution mode lol...).

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
i used some of this game sprites for my own hack it dont have any problem right?

Back