• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Rocket Strike (IPS-Patch released!)

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
can you post download link yet please?
i feel left out because im on a mac :(

It's against the rules to link to rom files on this forum and the developer isn't allowed to release an .ips patch, but you can see the following post on how to find it... I'm on a Mac, too and this works fine as long as you have an emulator compatible with Mac. I use OpenEmu. You could also use Gambatte or KiGB. They're both compatible with Mac.

I was able to find a .gba rom file of this romhack fairly easily by Googling Pokemon Rocket Strike download. It was the 6th result down in the list; a website from Russia ending in .ru {:3}

I had to give my Twitter (could also use Facebook, Google+, or Instagram) permissions to download it, but it does work and I now have the .gba file of Pokemon Rocket Strike. I have a throwaway Twitter account for this purpose so I really don't care about the permissions on the account...

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Found a couple things...

1.) I dunno what happened here. Looks like you pointed to an empty space in the Pokédex when modifying the trainer. Wish I could tell you I remembered where this trainer was. Somewhere where trainers' Pokémon are around level 30
oksspi.jpg

2.) A few sprites need their Y axis raised so they're not hidden behind the HP bar. Gliscor's sprite is also hidden behind the HP bar.
29gcqps.jpg

Other than these couple things so far, I REALLY like this game. Great job on it. Really digging the later-gen Pokémon that were added in.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Found a couple things...

1.) I dunno what happened here. Looks like you pointed to an empty space in the Pokédex when modifying the trainer. Wish I could tell you I remembered where this trainer was. Somewhere where trainers' Pokémon are around level 30
oksspi.jpg

2.) A few sprites need their Y axis raised so they're not hidden behind the HP bar. Gliscor's sprite is also hidden behind the HP bar.
29gcqps.jpg

Other than these couple things so far, I REALLY like this game. Great job on it. Really digging the later-gen Pokémon that were added in.

Glad you like it. I don't know why, but there are 2 trainers which sent out a ? in a double battle although ATrainer shows that the trainer has 2 Pokemon.
Second point, yeah, back then I didn't know how to fix that, hope you can overlook it :)

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Glad you like it. I don't know why, but there are 2 trainers which sent out a ? in a double battle although ATrainer shows that the trainer has 2 Pokemon.
Second point, yeah, back then I didn't know how to fix that, hope you can overlook it :)

I love it, man. Maybe one of my favorite Gen 3 hacks, actually... and I've not even beaten Sabrina yet! Definitely a rom hack I'll be replaying multiple times. Thanks for the work you put into it.

AmazingCharizard

Years
I love it, man. Maybe one of my favorite Gen 3 hacks, actually... and I've not even beaten Sabrina yet! Definitely a rom hack I'll be replaying multiple times. Thanks for the work you put into it.

I could have done this or learn for my second exam in my 1. semester...done both, maybe that's why both weren't thaaaaaaat great lol

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2015
Looks really nice, but I think I can't play it on Chrome.... Which browser is this plugin working with ?

EDIT : I found a solution, I didn't look enough , sorry :)

Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Years
Have you made any other rom hacks?

No, I haven't (yet). Not that I don't want it but it's just I don't have that much time like I did back around then. I'm actually more interested in creating a Pokemon game in Java...stay tuned(or don't, probably gonna take more months than I count with 2 hands).

Update: For those who needed to know about the different evolutions, I've packed them into a spoiler in the first post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 16, 2018
There is a error in game, I can't obtain HM Surf (?)

Q: Where is the HM SURF?

A: After getting HM STRENGTH, go to the Safari Zone wardens house and use STRENGTH to move the boulder blocking the pokeball item. The Safari Warden will attack you and after defeating him you can take the HM SURF from the pokeball item.

Nothing happens. I used strength, moved the boulder, took rare candy and that's all. No surf so I can't finish the game.

AmazingCharizard

Years
There is a error in game, I can't obtain HM Surf (?)

Q: Where is the HM SURF?

A: After getting HM STRENGTH, go to the Safari Zone wardens house and use STRENGTH to move the boulder blocking the pokeball item. The Safari Warden will attack you and after defeating him you can take the HM SURF from the pokeball item.

Nothing happens. I used strength, moved the boulder, took rare candy and that's all. No surf so I can't finish the game.
There is no error. Where did you get that information above?
"FAQ: You can obtain Surf if you got a certain amount of GYM badges. "
So you get Surf in that house in the safari zone after you have 6 badges and you get it from that 'safari guy'. No battle or such thing to get Surf.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
So this game can be considered as a full ROM hack? But is it actually a big change (like a Ruby Destiny game) or more like a Pokémon Quartz change?

Back