• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hmmm perhaps the most common pokemon (of any of the generations) can be found at the beginning (such as Pidgey and Ratata of the first generation). And as one would progress from their home, more exotic pokemon can be found. A lot of times, what happens is that RPers might ask you (or you may have it as a rule) if they can catch a pokemon, or see one. If to you, in your setting, that makes sense, then you could go along with it.

Of course bodies of water would be important for water pokemon trainers. I could draw something tentative in paint if you want.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    yes please. I did like the overall look of Hoenn on the map, but i couldn't stand how the places actually looked. Basically like this but i can't name the places. I know that it should be common pokemon then exotics. I think i'm giving up on having a strict set of pokemon findable in each area as there's too many as it is and it'd be too hard to track. Yes. my paint skillz are lacking.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I'll take a stab at it in the next 2 hours (somewhat busy atm). I suppose what can make it easier too is that you just ask your fellow RPers what pokemon they would want. Or that they would like to catch. And you can help them to make it make more sense (like lets say a character travels to a power plant and finds the Pikachu they wanted to catch).

Edit: here is a (rather linear) map I made.

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I think Wolf Whispers, and vindicated should both make an RP and all the other people with awesome RPs too. but reserve me a spot because it was my Idea.

I strongly dislike waiting for my RP to be approved or declined!!

THE LYRA PROGRAM RP WILL BE AWESOME ONCE IT STARTS

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hmmm I should come up with an RP as well...

Right now though, my only premise is that there is a cave XD

Not sure if I should make it canonical or not. And even young trainers could be fun (I've noticed everyone is about 16ish).

EDIT: Well I put one forward, I hope its well written XD

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    THE LYRA PROGRAM RP WILL BE AWESOME ONCE IT STARTS
    Agreed. I'm actually using it to do character development for the RP i'm making. My character in it is the exact one I plan to make the main character in the RP I'm working on.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    A question

Hey guys. I have a question.

In my last RP, The GM/Moderator of the RP disappeared and never came back, so it was axed/canceled.

But... you see... I really liked the character I was using. My OT. I didn't want to get rid of the character, so, I kept it in my documents on my computer.

If another RP shows up that I like (which seems doubtful at this point) is it okay if I use that same character?

I never finished an RP with that character. I want to finish an RP with this character before trashing it.

Is it okay if I reuse this character for a future RP?

Any help/advice would be appreciate in this.

Thanks guys.

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    Hmmm I should come up with an RP as well...

Right now though, my only premise is that there is a cave XD

Not sure if I should make it canonical or not. And even young trainers could be fun (I've noticed everyone is about 16ish).

EDIT: Well I put one forward, I hope its well written XD

I guess roleplays are all different, but I think most of them choose to be 15-16 is because it adds a lot more to the roleplay. It makes the RP more realistic in the fact that no ten year would be able to climb a mountain or travel through a cave alone. I also think it adds things such as love intrests, what ten year old falls in love? So I find it easier to develop older characters because, just like in life, they are complex. Pokemon roleplay in my view is pretty much all about the development of your character. Of course it varies by storyline.

Z34guy, make sure you give me a shout when your RP is up I would love to send in a character.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah I see what you mean. I suppose if people did get their pokemon at 10 then, that they wouldn't mind filling out a bit of history, haha.

For me though, I find it interesting and more fun to RP younger folks.

Years
    I have a question on "Pokemorphs". Are they human-shaped Pokemon, or humans with Pokemon characteristics? Or does it depend on the RP?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    There appears to be three versions, one that can transform from human to pokemon in respective looking races (you wouldn't be able to tell that the human was a pokemon and vice versa); the second that the human can still transform into a pokemon but the human form will have some characteristics of the pokemon they transform into; and the third one is where the person is always a human form pokemon with more evident pokemon characteristics.

I could be wrong though (I looked it up earlier, when I was really confused of what it was earlier).

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Got an RP up, Twin Horizons, a war/apocalyptic RP.

I was ingulfed in the world of Fallout when I made this.

If you're interested, check it out. It's a very flexible, open-ended RP.

Some of the current charas:

Me: Genetically altered Human, Raichu, and Eevee, infused with foreign DNA (Raichu, Human, and Both respectively)
    PikaPikachu: trainer-less pokemon, Pikachu and Sandshrew.
    FireEagle: More sinister trainer with Houndoom, Steelix, and Shiny charizard.
    lorddarigarn: telepathic trainer & gardevoir, also has shuppet and skorupi
    and others (sorry if I didn't mention you)

Flax

Bang.
    Years
    Got an RP up, Twin Horizons, a war/apocalyptic RP.

I was ingulfed in the world of Fallout when I made this.

Fallout? Really? Oh.. I guess the Super Hero idea was kinda strange then. o_O'' (Fallout is a great game by the way!) On the other hand, a super hero is a convenient way for comical relief, so.. :P

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I have a question on "Pokemorphs". Are they human-shaped Pokemon, or humans with Pokemon characteristics? Or does it depend on the RP?

there are various versions, but mostly it refers to humans who have been spliced with pokemon and therefore look like hybrids.

Oddly enough, I was just thinking about starting a Pokemorph RP...which would also be a journey RP. :P

I know. The two most cliched genres, mixed together. It would either work pretty well or suck royally. XD i'll post a plot later.

EDIT: Ugh, I've just finished writing it up. I'll hold off posting it until you guys have critiqued my plot, though :P

Story

For the last twenty years, Kanto has been in a state of emergency. An increased trade in genetic enhancements among criminal organisations led to a surge in the number of what we commonly refer to as "mad scientists", experimenting to get their elusive formulas. Thankfully, due to the might of the Kanto Police force, secret labs have been raided, geneticists arrested and Poke-morphs liberated. With the madness drawing to a close, one problem remains. Unfortunately, the Poke-morphs that they created are still here, including you. The older ones were rehabilitated back into normal life, but the problem remained of what to do with those who were too young to understand. An executive decision was made – the youngsters were to be informed of the circumstances once they were old enough to understand, but only those with noticeable mutations. A few of the test subjects were only about 1% Pokémon DNA and as such, would not be recognised as Poke-morphs. Not even by themselves. This small group would be fostered like regular children and never told fully about the situation. Now, these youngsters are about to begin their own journeys to the Pokémon league, starting from the traditional Pallet Town lab. Along the way, they may discover things that they would rather not know, and things that should have stayed hidden. Will they ever reach the end of the road? Only time will tell…

Go ahead! Rip it apart!

Last edited:
    Years
    I've just had a RPG declined and I didn't know it would get deleted, I assumed closed if it wasn't so good. I think you should PM the topic starter their post so they don't have to re-type it all again. Or at least move it to an archive where we can copy-paste it from again.

I know I didn't write much, but it could be really annoying for someone who had wrote more, because it is annoying for me too.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    :S Mine got declined as well, but I decided to type it up in Microsoft Word first.

I'm not sure if they soft delete, move to a trash bin, or hard delete here though.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Story

For the last twenty years, Kanto has been in a state of emergency. An increased trade in genetic enhancements among criminal organisations led to a surge in the number of what we commonly refer to as "mad scientists", experimenting to get their elusive formulas. Thankfully, due to the might of the Kanto Police force, secret labs have been raided, geneticists arrested and Poke-morphs liberated. With the madness drawing to a close, one problem remains. Unfortunately, the Poke-morphs that they created are still here, including you. The older ones were rehabilitated back into normal life, but the problem remained of what to do with those who were too young to understand. An executive decision was made – the youngsters were to be informed of the circumstances once they were old enough to understand, but only those with noticeable mutations. A few of the test subjects were only about 1% Pokémon DNA and as such, would not be recognised as Poke-morphs. Not even by themselves. This small group would be fostered like regular children and never told fully about the situation. Now, these youngsters are about to begin their own journeys to the Pokémon league, starting from the traditional Pallet Town lab. Along the way, they may discover things that they would rather not know, and things that should have stayed hidden. Will they ever reach the end of the road? Only time will tell…

Go ahead! Rip it apart!

hooray for self quote

can i haz review pliz?

Back