• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ROM Hack Story Idea

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Hello fellow pokemon fans! I have come up with a story that i believe would make an excellent pokemon game. Its not too in depth, but its a cool idea, though i dont know if it has been done before. I wont explain everything i have come up with, but I will explain some of it. Basically, I think it would be cool if there was a pokemon game that took place, or has portions of it taking place in a prehistoric era. I also came up with the idea of a new region and new pokemon, though if it was in an official region with official pokemon, I would still love it. I'm not sure if this idea has already been created, and if so, please inform me (lol). If you like the idea, or want to help me bring it to life, message me and I can give you additional information (some of my ideas skip around because they sound to similar to other games). Note that all i can do at the moment is story, because i can't remember how to map, and I am still re-learning.

~GK2255

Years
  • You could just rip-off Ecco the Dolphin for some sort of perverse Pokémon Yellow rendition. The player starts with a trilobite and it follows them around everywhere. Otherwise, though, it might vary, but obviously you could make a division between whether the player is to be stranded in an unfamiliar location, or whether they're left somewhere as a result of some expedition, etc., as also whether to use Fakemon or ancient Pokémon from the games. Where you opt to go with this kind of thing might vary, but obviously some focus on prehistoric Pokémon might be interesting, you could just have the player enter Pewter City Museum and it come to life as a pre-historic location filled with such species and creatures as are not said to be found later, or even have the player, after this, have to seek a rare type of ancient Pokémon in a more modern setting, although people are convinced that it is not any more present, etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    No actually I don't play Far Cry :3. And illumine, everything you said sound awesome, and will be taken into consideration for the story. Seems you put a lot of thought into your reply, and I thank you for that.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    You have been playing farcry primal haven't you.

Not the only prehistoric game that's ever existed, so idk how this is really helping to critique an idea.

It's an interesting idea that people probably have thought of before. It'd be interesting to have wild Fossil Pokemon and maybe experiment with ancestry (in particular a world before Magnemites and stuff existed, the man made Pokemon, as well as the Miltank/Tauros of old and stuff). Obviously to make this work, a story of sorts has to be done, especially considering how the "gym leader challenge" can be easily manipulated as a "protect the region by uniting the tribes against a threat". Could even tie in the Ice Age as the great threat with Kyurem if so desired, but that's up to the creator.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    @Banjora Yea, I'm not familiar with a lot of ROM hacks, but i figured it would have been thought of before because its such a generic idea. Before i saw your post I thought of a story to go along with the prehistoric idea:

-You play as the owner of the Pewter City Fossil Museum in his youth.
    -You and a scientist family member or a few colleges go on an expedition and find a place hidden from the rest of the world that is full of fossil Pokemon and get stuck there OR you use some sort of machine to go back in time and get stuck.
    -This explains how the museum knows soooo much about fossils and such.

This is something i would like to make into a game, but I cant map or anything anymore, and its just an idea :3

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    @Banjora Yea, I'm not familiar with a lot of ROM hacks, but i figured it would have been thought of before because its such a generic idea. Before i saw your post I thought of a story to go along with the prehistoric idea:

-You play as the owner of the Pewter City Fossil Museum in his youth.
    -You and a scientist family member or a few colleges go on an expedition and find a place hidden from the rest of the world that is full of fossil Pokemon and get stuck there OR you use some sort of machine to go back in time and get stuck.
    -This explains how the museum knows soooo much about fossils and such.

This is something i would like to make into a game, but I cant map or anything anymore, and its just an idea :3

Time Travel, 3 options;
    1. Fakemon or a machine
    2. Celebi
    3. Dialga.

So many different routes that you can take from this original stem idea, as well as other potential routes you can take.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    Time Travel, 3 options;
    1. Fakemon or a machine
    2. Celebi
    3. Dialga.

So many different routes that you can take from this original stem idea, as well as other potential routes you can take.

Thanks for some more ideas/alternatives, this idea is diffidently getting somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2023
    For pokeballs it may make sense to only have apricorn based ones. They were known to be used before Devon co began mass production of synthetic balls, but their earliest known use was 700 years prior to the start of the series. That could be a little too late seeing as that period of time ended 6000 years ago when writing was invented.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    For pokeballs it may make sense to only have apricorn based ones. They were known to be used before Devon co began mass production of synthetic balls, but their earliest known use was 700 years prior to the start of the series. That could be a little too late seeing as that period of time ended 6000 years ago when writing was invented.

Yea, there would be a lot to think about because of the time period, I'm sure there would be solutions though. Thanks for the input, I honestly didn't think of that at first.

And for the record-to anyone reading this-It would be amazing if this idea could be brought to life, so if anyone wants to start a team for it, or maybe use it as a side project, pm me or something.

IamDithsey

IdeasOnMe
    Years
  • Pokemon Stars (Gba Rom Hack)

Story
    -Youre 10 yrs old child who dream to be the best trainer, you and your friend/rival "Astin" is on a mission that is to complete the pokedex of Prof.Narra the Famous Pokemon Researcher in Linawa Region, but in the middle of your journey you will meet the 2 evil team first the Lunar team they want to conquer the pokemon who has power of moon "Lunala" and Solar team they want to conquer the pokemon who has power of sun "Solgaleo" those two team want to end the world but you will stop them to their plans and and collect the 8 new gym leaders in Linawa Region and fight the Elite Four and the Champion! And become the new pokemon champion of Linawa Region!but i wasn't finish after you become a champion of Linawa Region you accept a letter to gather with other trainer in other region like "red, blue, leaf, gold, silver, lyra, brendan, wally, may, lucas, dawn, barry, black, white, nate, rosa, calem, serena, sun & moon" in the Battle Tree but before that you need to fight the new 8 Gym Leader! And new Elite Four! of Pinasa Region! and discover new Pokemons! New Evolutions!? And Become the Greatest Strongest Trainer of them all!!!-

*New Heroes! New Rivals! New Evil Team! AND NEW FRIENDS!

*All new 2 region "LINAWA REGION" &"PINASA REGION"

*All pokemon from gen 1-7 ( Like Theta emerald) + Fakemons (Pokemon Sage)

*Alola form is also available in Pinasa Region as "Pinasa Form"

*All new 8 gym leaders

*Tm are reusable and Hm are erasble (Like Theta Emerald) and addsome more TM & HM (Based Sun/Moon)

*Proper Mega Evolution/Primal/Ash Greninja (Mega in Battle)

*EXP SHARE & Repel system (Like X/Y)

*Bag is Expanded (Never get full)

*Ev & Iv showed

*Proper Abillities

*Difficulty Level (May be a little bit Hard)

*Battle Tree like in Sun/Moon (Every Protagonist trainers and their rivals are there)

This i what i i think but Im calling all the best Rom Hacker to make this game and i will send my concept arts just to make this idea come true. Pls

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • Pokemon Stars (Gba Rom Hack)

Story
    -Youre 10 yrs old child who dream to be the best trainer, you and your friend/rival "Astin" is on a mission that is to complete the pokedex of Prof.Narra the Famous Pokemon Researcher in Linawa Region, but in the middle of your journey you will meet the 2 evil team first the Lunar team they want to conquer the pokemon who has power of moon "Lunala" and Solar team they want to conquer the pokemon who has power of sun "Solgaleo" those two team want to end the world but you will stop them to their plans and and collect the 8 new gym leaders in Linawa Region and fight the Elite Four and the Champion! And become the new pokemon champion of Linawa Region!but i wasn't finish after you become a champion of Linawa Region you accept a letter to gather with other trainer in other region like "red, blue, leaf, gold, silver, lyra, brendan, wally, may, lucas, dawn, barry, black, white, nate, rosa, calem, serena, sun & moon" in the Battle Tree but before that you need to fight the new 8 Gym Leader! And new Elite Four! of Pinasa Region! and discover new Pokemons! New Evolutions!? And Become the Greatest Strongest Trainer of them all!!!-

*New Heroes! New Rivals! New Evil Team! AND NEW FRIENDS!

*All new 2 region "LINAWA REGION" &"PINASA REGION"

*All pokemon from gen 1-7 ( Like Theta emerald) + Fakemons (Pokemon Sage)

*Alola form is also available in Pinasa Region as "Pinasa Form"

*All new 8 gym leaders

*Tm are reusable and Hm are erasble (Like Theta Emerald) and addsome more TM & HM (Based Sun/Moon)

*Proper Mega Evolution/Primal/Ash Greninja (Mega in Battle)

*EXP SHARE & Repel system (Like X/Y)

*Bag is Expanded (Never get full)

*Ev & Iv showed

*Proper Abillities

*Difficulty Level (May be a little bit Hard)

*Battle Tree like in Sun/Moon (Every Protagonist trainers and their rivals are there)

This i what i i think but Im calling all the best Rom Hacker to make this game and i will send my concept arts just to make this idea come true. Pls

You need to make a new thread first you can't jump into other threads. >:(

Last edited:
    Back