• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think Black 2 & White 2 will be the last of the mainstream Pokémon games to be on the Nintendo DS, anything after will be developed for 3DS. It's the latest and strongest handheld for Nintendo currently, it can generate much better graphics and it would be silly not to put the next line of games on the 3DS. I think we will see remakes, Mystery Dungeon 4 & Ranger 4 all on 3DS assuming they are in the works, the 3DS is becoming increasingly popular and without a GBA slot a remake is quite prominent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Generation 3 completely changed how the games were structured as well as added the split between Special Attack and Special Defense. There were so many things changed that transferring Pokemon from Gens 1 and 2 was impossible.

Oh really? For your information I must say that split between special attack and special defense was added in gen 2, not in 3. It means that this addition didn't affect transferring because transfer between gens 1 and 2 was possible. It also means that argument about new mechanics preventing transfer is not really right.

I'd say that the main, or rather only reason GF made gens 1 and 2 incompatible with other gens was to force people to buy remakes (that's why I think FR/LG were released so shortly after R/S). I doubt they will make something like that again and cut connection between gen 6 and others because at this time, there are too many Pokemon to do that.

Assuming they will never cut connection between any gens again, they still tried to "cut" connection between gens 3 and 5. Look what they did with Poke Transfer. Why it's not compatible with gen 3? Imo, first reason is that gen 5 is made especially for DSi which doesn't have GBA slot. Second reason is to make impossible to transfer between gens 3 and 5, which means gen 3 is actually "retired". Even though gen 3 is not completely separated like gens 1 and 2, for young generations of players, it became retro generation.

For old players who own old DS and R/S/E, there is no need for R/S remakes. But for everybody who recently started playing and owns only DSi or onwards, remakes ARE needed. Those new customers are very important for Nintendo because they will surely buy R/S remakes in gen 5, meaning extra money made from gen 5.

NatureKeeper

Honestly, the best chances for the remakes are during the 3DS series games. Yes the DSlite and DS are dead if not dying and harder to come by, but the games themselves being for the DS series which include the first two makes very little sense when all of the other DS series games are compatible with the third generation games.

The only reason why Gens 1 and 2 were remade was because of compatibility. They were the only games that were not compatible with the newer generations. Generation 3 completely changed how the games were structured as well as added the split between Special Attack and Special Defense. There were so many things changed that transferring Pokemon from Gens 1 and 2 was impossible.

That is not the case with Gen 3 and Current Gens. Gen 3 is compatible through a second medium which is Gen 4 games.

When Gen 6 comes out for the 3DS they would be completely incompatible with Generation 3 games since they are on a console which isn't compatible with GBA games at all. It also fits the pattern of remakes appearing on the next gaming console down the line. We also don't know how they'd treat transfers seeing as transfers seem to be getting stricter as the generations go on.

The current DS issue isn't an argument of Compatibility, its an argument of simplicity. Gen 5 is compatible with Gen 3, just not in an easy or direct way. Gen 6 wouldn't be because they wouldn't be directly compatible with Gen 4, and for all we know they may lose compatibility with Gen 5 if they decide to rework things again.

It's not the compatibility, I think. It's the games themselves the company's looking for. All my GBA games are lost thanks to my then overly scatterbrained trait as a child (thankfully, I am not that much of a scatterbrain now), and I want to see Hoenn in 3D. Besides, there are many newer fans who can't acquire the games since they're discontinued. BTW, with the release of B/W2, I think that they're probably releasing an Emerald remake instead to keep the Generation five games.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh really? For your information I must say that split between special attack and special defense was added in gen 2, not in 3. It means that this addition didn't affect transferring because transfer between gens 1 and 2 was possible. It also means that argument about new mechanics preventing transfer is not really right.

Ok oop. Thought that switch was done in Generation 3.

I'd say that the main, or rather only reason GF made gens 1 and 2 incompatible with other gens was to force people to buy remakes (that's why I think FR/LG were released so shortly after R/S). I doubt they will make something like that again and cut connection between gen 6 and others because at this time, there are too many Pokemon to do that.

Again as stated many times before, they do not plan that far ahead. They did not plan to remake the games after finishing the older Generations. That was a spontaneous thing on their part to re-install compatibility with the newer game at the time. It was not to [force people to buy the newer game cause if that were the case, then they wouldn't have made any game after that compatible with older ones just to keep forcing sales.

Assuming they will never cut connection between any gens again, they still tried to "cut" connection between gens 3 and 5. Look what they did with Poke Transfer. Why it's not compatible with gen 3? Imo, first reason is that gen 5 is made especially for DSi which doesn't have GBA slot. Second reason is to make impossible to transfer between gens 3 and 5, which means gen 3 is actually "retired". Even though gen 3 is not completely separated like gens 1 and 2, for young generations of players, it became retro generation.

Actually no Gen 5 was NOT made for the DSi or it would have had DSi on the system logo. It was made for the DS can be played on the DS and DSlite. It has compatibility with the DSi and DSiXL. Just like how B2W2 are DS games that are compatible with the 3DS system. They are still made for the "retired" game system and are still indirectly compatible with Gen 3 games. You can still transfer from 3 to 5 by using 4.

For old players who own old DS and R/S/E, there is no need for R/S remakes. But for everybody who recently started playing and owns only DSi or onwards, remakes ARE needed. Those new customers are very important for Nintendo because they will surely buy R/S remakes in gen 5, meaning extra money made from gen 5.

They really still aren't. The DS is like $20 now and the DSlite is $40 to $60 if you can find some which isn't as hard as we made it seem. There are hundreds of people that traded their's in for the 3DS or something else so there are hundreds of them floating around in thrift shops, Older game stores like Play N Trade. Until the game series itself makes a full switch to the 3DS a remake still isn't needed.

And again, it would fit the pattern of each Remake being made for the system one after their's. Red/Blue was for the Gameboy, Remake was for the Advance which came after the Color. Gold/Silver was for the Color, Remake was for the DS which came after the Advance. Since R/S was for the Advance, their remakes would be for the 3DS which is after the DS series.

I mean we are pretty close to the DSi series consoles to be discontinued. If the DSi lasts until November it'll be a miracle but it doesn't have a long estimated shelf life.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Again as stated many times before, they do not plan that far ahead. They did not plan to remake the games after finishing the older Generations. That was a spontaneous thing on their part to re-install compatibility with the newer game at the time. It was not to [force people to buy the newer game cause if that were the case, then they wouldn't have made any game after that compatible with older ones just to keep forcing sales.

Again, how can you know what and when they plan? Planning remake in current generation is not really planning so far ahead. I think they restarted things in gen 3 on purpose because that created excellent reason to force people to buy remakes. Like I said, I think that restart in gen 3 will never happen again because there are too many species of Pokemon now to do it again.

Saying that restart in gen 3 was spontaneous thing seems silly to me. What GF would thought? "Let's just dump two previous generations because we feel like it" lol.

Actually no Gen 5 was NOT made for the DSi or it would have had DSi on the system logo. It was made for the DS can be played on the DS and DSlite. It has compatibility with the DSi and DSiXL. Just like how B2W2 are DS games that are compatible with the 3DS system. They are still made for the "retired" game system and are still indirectly compatible with Gen 3 games. You can still transfer from 3 to 5 by using 4.
    So why GF made it impossible to transfer from gen 3 to 5 if that would be technically possible on old DS? It's similar situation like they made it impossible to transfer from gen 2 to 3 - to make reason for remakes.

They really still aren't. The DS is like $20 now and the DSlite is $40 to $60 if you can find some which isn't as hard as we made it seem. There are hundreds of people that traded their's in for the 3DS or something else so there are hundreds of them floating around in thrift shops, Older game stores like Play N Trade. Until the game series itself makes a full switch to the 3DS a remake still isn't needed.

I think most of people who are new in gaming and has already bought DSi or onward aren't even interested in older consoles and games for them. Instead of buying old things, they would prefer remakes for their newer models. And for those people GF should make remakes in gen 5. It's pure profit for Nintendo and GF.

And again, it would fit the pattern of each Remake being made for the system one after their's. Red/Blue was for the Gameboy, Remake was for the Advance which came after the Color. Gold/Silver was for the Color, Remake was for the DS which came after the Advance. Since R/S was for the Advance, their remakes would be for the 3DS which is after the DS series.

And because gen 5 broke the pattern, gen 5 remakes can do that too, being made for DS, especially for DSi.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Again, how can you know what and when they plan? Planning remake in current generation is not really planning so far ahead. I think they restarted things in gen 3 on purpose because that created excellent reason to force people to buy remakes. Like I said, I think that restart in gen 3 will never happen again because there are too many species of Pokemon now to do it again.

Because they've told us before when they "started" on their projects. It was never more than a few years before the release. Started means started, planning is part of starting as its the first step to development. You start a project as soon as you plan it out. As soon as they finished R/S they started on the remakes.

Saying that restart in gen 3 was spontaneous thing seems silly to me. What GF would thought? "Let's just dump two previous generations because we feel like it" lol.

Whether it sounds silly to you doesn't mean that it isn't true. They want money and to milk a generation for as long as they can. What better way than to randomly throw in a few extra games. Remakes are easier to make since they aren't making it from scratch. They just have to update sprites and that's pretty much it since coding for events are there already and they just have to do test runs to find bugs.

So why GF made it impossible to transfer from gen 3 to 5 if that would be technically possible on old DS? It's similar situation like they made it impossible to transfer from gen 2 to 3 - to make reason for remakes.

Its not impossible to transfer from 3 to 5. You have to do it through a second game set, but you CAN transfer your Pokemon from Generation 3 to Generation 5. If it were impossible then you could NOT send your Generation 3 Pokemon to Generation 5 games. But you can.

I think most of people who are new in gaming and has already bought DSi or onward aren't even interested in older consoles and games for them. Instead of buying old things, they would prefer remakes for their newer models. And for those people GF should make remakes in gen 5. It's pure profit for Nintendo and GF.

That's not even the least bit true. If a store, even one that sells the games second hand sells them, they have to pay Nintendo royalties, Nintendo still receives money that way. Play N Trade get direct shipments from Nintendo for Gamecube and N64's You can buy custom ones from their stores as well as Special Japanese only models. They can still order DS and DSlites from Nintendo, but the charge sometimes goes up because of import and custom sales. You cannot talk for everyone because if they WANT to play the older games then they would seek out a way to play them, if not then through illegal ways such as computor programs with the games on them.

And because gen 5 broke the pattern, gen 5 remakes can do that too, being made for DS, especially for DSi.

This again is a self-destructive comment. Ok...by this logic alone we shall not get Remakes anyway. Gen 5 broke the pattern. Since we get Main Games and then Remakes as part of the pattern, we won't be getting remakes because Gen 5 broke the pattern. Double edged statements can and will go to ways.

And Nintendo has 1 (ONE) DSi Game in existence. They won't be making another because the sales of that one was horrendous. That's why the games are still DS games. And again the DSi is soon to be removed from the market. If it survives through the rest of the year without any news then that would be a miracle in itself. DS game lineup is dwindling. Almost all the new games coming out are 3DS games. Nintendo is about to do a full switch like they always do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Because they've told us before when they "started" on their projects. It was never more than a few years before the release. Started means started, planning is part of starting as its the first step to development. You start a project as soon as you plan it out. As soon as they finished R/S they started on the remakes.

It's too suspicious they restarted things in gen 3 and then made first remakes ever in the same generation. Too suspicious to be random. You used fake argument to explain why they made restart in gen 3 and now you are saying that it was spontaneous, just because you don't have any other arguments. You're being hypocrite right now.

Its not impossible to transfer from 3 to 5. You have to do it through a second game set, but you CAN transfer your Pokemon from Generation 3 to Generation 5. If it were impossible then you could NOT send your Generation 3 Pokemon to Generation 5 games. But you can.

I know that. But assuming that there won't be restart anymore, it will be possible to trade Pokemon from gen 5 to 6. It means it will be also possible to trade from gen 3 to 6. Uncomfortable but possible. So there won't be necessary need for R/S remakes in 6 gen either. You still didn't answer why they cut connection between gens 3 and 5. I'd say it's because R/S remakes in gen 5.
    I treat R/S remakes like something not really needed but expected to be done.

That's not even the least bit true. If a store, even one that sells the games second hand sells them, they have to pay Nintendo royalties, Nintendo still receives money that way. Play N Trade get direct shipments from Nintendo for Gamecube and N64's You can buy custom ones from their stores as well as Special Japanese only models. They can still order DS and DSlites from Nintendo, but the charge sometimes goes up because of import and custom sales. You cannot talk for everyone because if they WANT to play the older games then they would seek out a way to play them, if not then through illegal ways such as computor programs with the games on them.

But for those people who own only DSi or onward and don't want to buy older consoles, GF should make R/S remakes. There are seriously many people who are just not interested in old consoles because they feel too out-dated for them.

This again is a self-destructive comment. Ok...by this logic alone we shall not get Remakes anyway. Gen 5 broke the pattern. Since we get Main Games and then Remakes as part of the pattern, we won't be getting remakes because Gen 5 broke the pattern. Double edged statements can and will go to ways.

I would doubt R/S remakes in gen 5 if there wouldn't be any similarities to R/S/E in gen 5. But there are many similarities, so it feels like R/S remakes will be done in gen 5.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It's too suspicious they restarted things in gen 3 and then made first remakes ever in the same generation. Too suspicious to be random. You used fake argument to explain why they made restart in gen 3 and now you are saying that it was spontaneous, just because you don't have any other arguments. You're being hypocrite right now.

I'm sorry. How am I being a hypocrite? I have not said one thing and done the opposite of what I said. What Fake argument have I used? Gamefreak themselves have told us before that they STARTED a project some short years before its release. There is proof that they don't start many years before the game comes to light. Can you find proof that they started the remakes at the same time as Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl? I mean real proof and not some opinion that you can cook up using minuscule unrelated findings within the games. Junichi said that they started Black and White two years before it was released which was a year or two after Diamond and Pearl.

I know that. But assuming that there won't be restart anymore, it will be possible to trade Pokemon from gen 5 to 6. It means it will be also possible to trade from gen 3 to 6. Uncomfortable but possible. So there won't be necessary need for R/S remakes in 6 gen either. You still didn't answer why they cut connection between gens 3 and 5. I'd say it's because R/S remakes in gen 5.
    I treat R/S remakes like something not really needed but expected to be done.

You said it in your last post, Gen 5 reset everything you can't assume there won't be a restart. And yes I did answer you because they DIDN'T cut the transfer to Gen 5 from 3. You have to do it one Generation game back. You can still transfer from Gen 3 to Gen 5 through Gen 4. We don't know if there will be a transfer ability in Generation 6. We know nothing about Generation 6. We won't know anything about Generation 6 for another two years at the least.

But for those people who own only DSi or onward and don't want to buy older consoles, GF should make R/S remakes. There are seriously many people who are just not interested in old consoles because they feel too out-dated for them.

Your argument just changed from they absolutely will which you have been claiming throughout the thread to they should. And again you do not speak for everyone. You may find older consoles outdated, but not everyone does. I'd rather buy a DSlite over a DSi, and have had other people return DSi's because they found DSlites at stores I've told them to check because in their opinion the DSlite was better and was more along the lines of what they'd rather have for themselves/their children.

I would doubt R/S remakes in gen 5 if there wouldn't be any similarities to R/S/E in gen 5. But there are many similarities, so it feels like R/S remakes will be done in gen 5.

That's just it, there are no more similarities to Gen 3 as there are to Gens 1, 2, or 4. All the generations are referenced and there are similarities to all of them. You only see what you want to see because that helps your argument. Sinnoh has an area that has Sandstorms and is pseudo desert like.

Unova is more resembling Kanto as a Solid region with a few out of the way islands that don't play part in the story as opposed to Hoenn that about half water routes. A severe lack of Water Routes in Unova makes it seem closer to Sinnoh in that design. Others have argued against your viewed opinions on the similarities. You are the only one that sees those similarities.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I'm sorry. How am I being a hypocrite? I have not said one thing and done the opposite of what I said. What Fake argument have I used? Gamefreak themselves have told us before that they STARTED a project some short years before its release. There is proof that they don't start many years before the game comes to light. Can you find proof that they started the remakes at the same time as Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl? I mean real proof and not some opinion that you can cook up using minuscule unrelated findings within the games. Junichi said that they started Black and White two years before it was released which was a year or two after Diamond and Pearl.

I was referring to your previous post. You said that there was purpose for restart in gen 3 (special attack and special defense split). After I proved it's fake argument, you started saying there was no purpose for that restart, just to oppose to my argument about forcing people to buy remakes. Isn't that being hypocrite?

I can't prove anything officially, but think about it. What a nasty "coincidence" is that they blocked trading to R/S and after only 14 months they released FR/LG - first remakes ever, necessary to catch most of gens' 1 and 2 Pokemon. At the time of producing R/S, they must have plans for FR/LG and Emerald. They obviously saved story of Rayquaza and Battle Frontier to be used in Emerald. So, it they planned Emerald, they must have planned FR/LG as well because those games were released earlier than Emerald.

You said it in your last post, Gen 5 reset everything you can't assume there won't be a restart. And yes I did answer you because they DIDN'T cut the transfer to Gen 5 from 3. You have to do it one Generation game back. You can still transfer from Gen 3 to Gen 5 through Gen 4. We don't know if there will be a transfer ability in Generation 6. We know nothing about Generation 6. We won't know anything about Generation 6 for another two years at the least.

Gen 5 doesn't reset one thing - trading from previous generations. That supports my theory that they will never make trading reset again, because there are too many Pokemon now to do that, therefore R/S remakes never will be needed. Imo R/S remakes will be done to render Hoenn into modern engine, not for trading purposes.

You still didn't answer my question about why they made impossible to trade DIRECTLY from gen 3 to 5. That one simple question. My answer is they did that to make R/S/E look outdated and make R/S remakes in gen 5. What's you answer?

Unova is more resembling Kanto as a Solid region with a few out of the way islands that don't play part in the story as opposed to Hoenn that about half water routes. A severe lack of Water Routes in Unova makes it seem closer to Sinnoh in that design. Others have argued against your viewed opinions on the similarities. You are the only one that sees those similarities.

Am I the only one to see return of dive system into Pokemon games? Or desert routes? That's simply not true.
    I never said Hoenn's and Unova's overall designs are similar because they aren't. Anyway, lack of water routes in Unova can work as opposition to large water routes in Hoenn. To keep regions of gen 5 balanced in amount of water (assuming Hoenn will be remade in gen 5).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I was referring to your previous post. You said that there was purpose for restart in gen 3 (special attack and special defense split). After I proved it's fake argument, you started saying there was no purpose for that restart, just to oppose to my argument about forcing people to buy remakes. Isn't that being hypocrite?

Uh no I never said there was a purpose for the remakes. Yes I thought the Special split was in Gen three but that wasn't for a purpose to Remake them, that was a reason why Gen 2 couldn't transfer to Gen 3. There was no purpose to remaking the games other than money. None of the games really needed to be remade. Red/Blue/Gold/Silver WERE remade however because they were not compatible in any way shape or form unlike how Gen 3 IS compatible with all current games.

I can't prove anything officially, but think about it. What a nasty "coincidence" is that they blocked trading to R/S and after only 14 months they released FR/LG - first remakes ever, necessary to catch most of gens' 1 and 2 Pokemon. At the time of producing R/S, they must have plans for FR/LG and Emerald. They obviously saved story of Rayquaza and Battle Frontier to be used in Emerald. So, it they planned Emerald, they must have planned FR/LG as well because those games were released earlier than Emerald.

No they "must" not have. You only think they did. You use this against me every time I post but, you do not work with gamefreak. You do not know how they work. You cannot say that they planned all of this especially when they have come out and said that they don't. You have no proof and therefore no argument other than your opinion.

Gen 5 doesn't reset one thing - trading from previous generations. That supports my theory that they will never make trading reset again, because there are too many Pokemon now to do that, therefore R/S remakes never will be needed. Imo R/S remakes will be done to render Hoenn into modern engine, not for trading purposes.

That is one minor system within the games, You yourself have denied using minor system tweeks as proof so your argument with this is invalid. Seeing as the PC info from the timeline which is the exact same argument right here. You cannot say for sure that the next Generation Will be able to match up with Generation 5 and below. You have already said Gamefreak reset Pokemon so you cannot say for certain that they will do what they will do. This was also an argument you earlier denied but are using to defend your opinions.

You still didn't answer my question about why they made impossible to trade DIRECTLY from gen 3 to 5. That one simple question. My answer is they did that to make R/S/E look outdated and make R/S remakes in gen 5. What's you answer?

Well if you understand how games work, backwards compatibility only extends to the last set of games made. All games do it that way if they are made backwards compatible. That's just something that the major companies do. It really still doesn't matter as Gen 3 is still compatible with Gen 5.

Am I the only one to see return of dive system into Pokemon games? Or desert routes? That's simply not true.
    I never said Hoenn's and Unova's overall designs are similar because they aren't. Anyway, lack of water routes in Unova can work as opposition to large water routes in Hoenn. To keep regions of gen 5 balanced in amount of water (assuming Hoenn will be remade in gen 5).

Yes you do. You repeatedly say Hoenn and Unova look alike just because they both have Desert Routes. And to "balance" the remakes makes no sense. Why would over abundance of one game be balanced out in another when they two games aren't the same game? There is no balance if they aren't in the same game. Unova isn't like Hoenn. Its more like Kanto or Sinnoh.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Keep it civil, people. I'd hate to have to lock such a good thread because certain people can't behave. I have had my fair share of problems with this thread, and I'm nearly at my end with it. It's a nuisance. Don't make it any worse by calling people out as hypocrites and etc. This is PGC, not OC&D.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Well if you understand how games work, backwards compatibility only extends to the last set of games made. All games do it that way if they are made backwards compatible. That's just something that the major companies do. It really still doesn't matter as Gen 3 is still compatible with Gen 5.

That actually supports my point. Game companies make only last sets of games compatible with the newest to make older games outdated. Gen 3 in not directly compatible with gen 5. Even if it's still possible to transfer from gen 3 to 5, gen 3 alone is outdated. Not only outdated in connection with newest gen 5, but also in graphics/sound. Without support of gen 4 games, gen 3 is useless. That's why it needs remakes in gen 5 to make it independent in connection with gen 5. And also because Hoenn is the only region not rendered in DS graphics.

You cannot say that they planned all of this especially when they have come out and said that they don't. You have no proof and therefore no argument other than your opinion.

How can you say I have no proof when I did give you a proof in last post. Starting from gen 3, every set of games have third mascot legendary saved and prepared for third versions or for sequels. Obvious planning ahead.

Uh no I never said there was a purpose for the remakes. Yes I thought the Special split was in Gen three but that wasn't for a purpose to Remake them, that was a reason why Gen 2 couldn't transfer to Gen 3.

I'm not sure if you really don't understand my reply or if you act like you don't understand. Did I mention you said it was purpose for remakes? No. I said that you justified gen 3 restart using fake argument, which you said was split of special stats. After being corrected by me, you immediately changed your mind and said that restart had no purpose at all, because you didn't have any other argument left against my point of view about gen 3 restart.

I regret now that I corrected your mistake because it caused another post war between us.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The presence of the caves kind of makes me think we might be seeing only one remake (Emerald) as they might contain Groudon and Kyogre, either that or it's simply a major hint ^_^.
    You might be right Xander, maybe if we're lucky they'll release the remakes at the end of this year (a little late for the exact anniversity but still within the 10th year) and have them out by March of 2013...though that'll make B2W2's period quite short...more so than Firered and Leafgreen's.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Im still saying:
    plain remakes (ala FRLG HGSS) would suck.
    A new game in Hoenn on the other hand... O:!

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    A re vision of Hoenn might be interesting as there has only been one and it wasn't remodeled at all.

I mean. There has been 3 uses of Kanto in the spread of 8 games. (RBY/GSC/HGSS).

However, I would find it rather redundant as Hoeen incorporates almost all of the advanced aspects of the new generations. Ie, Type differences, EV training; stuff like that.

I would buy it if it was released, but I wouldn't be sad if it was never made.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Water & Magma Cave in B2W2? To me, that's definitely something that could be classed as a hint, the fact that it's Water and Magma.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Water & Magma Cave in B2W2? To me, that's definitely something that could be classed as a hint, the fact that it's Water and Magma.

That might very well be true seeing as how when they specifically mention Water & Magma they are specifically referring to Kyogre & Groudon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I said next year because they usually produce a remake a year or so after the last main title. Releasing for christmas this year would lower sales of B2W2 or the remakes as both would be pokemon's main focus for sales which is destructive to the company. At the earliest I can see a feb. or march release as it wouldn't have as drastic of an wffect on estimated sales. If not then the remakes could be next years main focus depending on what Gamefreak and Nintendo plan on doing marketing wise.

As for the caves in B2W2, watch we get trolled and they'll have either a) nothing to do with hoenn. Or b) have groudon/kyogre in them as an after game catch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back