• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    i hope they cause r/s/e, (s) was the first pokemon i played before i played any other pokemon, i have over 200 hours on it and filled up the pokedex, ahh the fun times

Last edited:

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
  • Yeah people say it's too late for a R/S/E remake because of Pokemon's New Beginings stuff but If they did then for the Ruby and Shapphire remakes The story sohuld follow the Emerald Storyline. 2) have Sinnoh or Johto accesable for travel and a combined Battle Frontier + the C-gear features from Black and White! Hail ZtH (that's me)!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Putting a new region into the game is beyond the scope of a remake. At most a small post-game area like the Sevii Isles is considered.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Sneaky little maybe-hint. In the Black & White TCG, Trainers and Supporters now have blue & red titles. Theoretically when we get a BW Stadium it'll be green. We'll see. :)

Alf Stewart

Champion
    Years
  • I agree, If they were to remake Ruby and Sapphire They would have to remake FRLG! Or just reamke them for DS! as in this (If you talk to one of the people in the Celadon Mansion, they will say "We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want usw to mess with their good memories...") They are talking about Gold and Silver and HGSS are you Dumb? SUICUNE tm?

blakeg

Lives to Game
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2011
    Yeah Im pretty sure they will. What with the money. At least then i can get me a Swampert again. But they will have to add ALOT more stuff than even emerald had for me to buy it, as i can play emerald whenever.

Nilz

renegade of funk.
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind if they remade R/S/E. The only problems I see is that the current 3D game engine used in black and white is a lot slower than the one used in gen 3. Ruby and Saphire had extremely fast paced environments and battles and I would be upset if it got slowed down and made generic but the current 3D format.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • I hope they make the third version first, so the R/S remakes would
    look newer and cooler.

Putting a new region into the game is beyond the scope of a remake. At most a small post-game area like the Sevii Isles is considered.
    Or the gym leaders of kanto visit hoenn and we can battle them, they might do a new area like route 47,48 in HG\SS.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I agree, If they were to remake Ruby and Sapphire They would have to remake FRLG! Or just reamke them for DS! as in this (If you talk to one of the people in the Celadon Mansion, they will say "We are remaking an old game, but this is quite a challenge. Old fans would not want usw to mess with their good memories...") They are talking about Gold and Silver and HGSS are you Dumb? SUICUNE tm?

...You do realise that you could visit Kanto after you beat the elite four in HGSS, right?

Ryukouki

BW Metagame Player
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    In my opinion, RSE was the best set of games out there. The region was huge and the teams actually were worth playing against. I loved it, I would buy it hands down. My guess? It'll arrive in 2013. :P

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I don't really see a need for a remake for those games at this point. I haven't been able to play Black/White, so I can't speak for the Pokemon that we are missing, but for everything else.

Red/Blue (Green) got a remake probably because they were what started it all.

Gold/Silver desperately needed a remake seeing as the G/S/C cartridges' clock batteries were (and still are, my Crystal is going T_T) dying.

There's also the console convenience. However, I guess now the GBA games are no longer supported on the 3DS. I still have my original DS and I play GBA games on it all of the time. I have no need for a R/S remake myself. I feel like the first two were necessary, but at this point I don't feel like the rest of the Pokemon games need a remake.

And honestly, I don't know if I would buy it. I probably would, but right now I still need a working DS (preferably a 3DS =P) so I can play HeartGold and Black. They would probably fill the need of Pokemon games just fine for a long time. R/S were never my favorite, anyway. They'd have to make them better before I could go "I must have that!" at this point.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • R/S were never my favorite, anyway. They'd have to make them better before I could go "I must have that!" at this point.

I thought the same thing about FRLG and HGSS, because I had tons of childhood memories that I didn't want to be messed up by a soulless remake. But the second I saw the screenshots... that's when you'll find yourself saying "I must have that!"

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I thought the same thing about FRLG and HGSS, because I had tons of childhood memories that I didn't want to be messed up by a soulless remake. But the second I saw the screenshots... that's when you'll find yourself saying "I must have that!"

Well, what I'm saying is that Ruby was my least favorite of all of the main Pokemon games I have played. So it's going to take a lot to make me want to rebuy it.

I'm not scared of it ruining my childhood. lol

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I reckon they will remake it since it's the only generation of pokemon you can't get on a DS game, HG/SS you can get Gen II and I (when you go to Kanto) D/P/Pt is the 4th Gen and B/W is 5th yet no 3rd Gen is present, I understand you can obtain them through the GBA catridges but the DS's nowadays don't have them, besides it'll make heaps of $$$ In my opinion :P

Years
  • Insanity!

If Ruby and Sapphire were to be remade, then soon we would have to remake Diamond and Pearl. The originals were being made at the same time as the first remakes! Whats next BurningFireRed and GrowingLeafGreen? Black and White remakes coming in 2015? This is plain foolish. We already start with two versions of the same game and add a third, no need to make the same games yet again. It was cool the first couple times, but this should not become a trend, otherwise we will just be in an endless vortex where Pokemon constantly retconns its past.
    One more thing, as for the "evidence," its just cool to make connections between generations, like Red being the final boss back in Gold and Silver.
    Trust me this won't(and shouldn't) happen

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
  • There are lots of hoenn mentions in black and white. There have always been clues to remakes in the previous games and I believe R/S is getting remade. I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully it is for 3ds (okay, that's pretty much a given)

All you have to do is look at Dive HM. That is all the proof we need. Also isn't there a go-goggles mention in the desert?

I'm looking forward to the great graphics, music, places and Pokemon Hoenn gave us. Maybe we will be able to finally fly to the moon to catch Jirachi?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back