• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    If Ruby and Sapphire were to be remade, then soon we would have to remake Diamond and Pearl. The originals were being made at the same time as the first remakes! Whats next BurningFireRed and GrowingLeafGreen? Black and White remakes coming in 2015? This is plain foolish.

You forget one, tiny, just one tiny unimportant detail.

The 3DS plays NDS games. It will play GB and GBC games. But not GBA games. There will be no need to remake anything Generation 4 onwards.

Years
  • You forget one, tiny, just one tiny unimportant detail.

The 3DS plays NDS games. It will play GB and GBC games. But not GBA games. There will be no need to remake anything Generation 4 onwards.

As you say thats an unimportant detail, it doesn't matter what it can play, as long as Pokemon can be transfered, even if it is across a few generations. Even if it did matter by the time it would be to remake D and P, the first 3DS would be outdated, like the original DS model after the Lite and DSi, so what the 3DS plays or doesn't play today makes no difference, cause it will surely change.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    TBH, I do not see them surpassing the 3DS any time soon. They never cracked transferring between Generations I/II to Generation III, most likely because the engine is different.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    As you say thats an unimportant detail, it doesn't matter what it can play, as long as Pokemon can be transfered, even if it is across a few generations. Even if it did matter by the time it would be to remake D and P, the first 3DS would be outdated, like the original DS model after the Lite and DSi, so what the 3DS plays or doesn't play today makes no difference, cause it will surely change.

I believe he was being sarcastic.

It's extremely unlikely that any further revisions of the 3DS will lose their compatibility with the DS, because the same card slot is used to play DS and 3DS games, unlike the DSi, where removing the space needed for the GBA cartridge slot offered a much greater improvement towards what they were aiming for. This means that compatibility with the Generation IV games is not a massive issue for a long time.

Meanwhile the only way to currently transfer Pokémon from the Hoenn region involves owning a system that is several revisions out of date and may very wll not be actively manufactured soon (and a chain of III > IV > V transfers).

It's also very unlikely that two generational remakes will be offered on the same system. A true successor to the 3DS will not come for a very long time and as such there's no need to worry about remakes above Generation III.

e: Game Freak have over prospects much more viable than even thinking about revisiting Sinnoh right now. They're not finished with Unova by a long shot, and they don't spend too much time after releasing a new generation before the principal designing for the next generation begins. That's enough to keep them busy until quite a long time from now.

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Who would be champion? wallace or steven? TBH I like wallace better. I'm not sure if it's because he appeared in the anime more or what. But water pokemon rule ;) and Hoenn sure has the best selection of them. I cant say much the same for steven =/ The only ones of his I respect are metagross, skarmory and maybe armaldo.

Just give wallace a few tweaks like:
    Get rid of wailord for kingdra (anti electric and grass)
    Get rid of tentacruel for lanturn (anti electricity)
    Get rid of wiscash for swampert (need atleast one more physical attacker besides gyarados)

And your set. OFC there are some move changes I recomend but I'm to tired to go looking through them right now.

======In conclusion======

In one of them (ruby) have steven as champion and the other (saphire) have wallace. Ruby has a more groundish, firey nature sound while the blue saphire is the opposite.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • Well the pattern does make sense.
    R/G/Y - FireRed/LeafGreen (2006)
    Diamond/Pearl (New Game/2007)
    Platinum (Improved of Previous/2009)
    G/S/C - (HeartGold/Soulsilver/2010)
    Black/White - (New Game/2011)

Gray? - (Improved of Previous/2012)
    R/S/E - (____Ruby/____Sapphire/2013)

See the pattern?
    There's first a remake of a previous, then the new game, then the improved new game, then the pattern repeats.

Example:
    Red/Green - FireRed/LeafGreen
    Gold/Silver - HeartGold/SoulSilver
    Ruby/Sapphire - Look who's next!!
    Diamond/Pearl
    Black/White

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Did anyone notice this but it seems that pokemon always remakes the games with pokemon that are super hard to get.
    Example: How to get all the Hoenn pokemon in pokemon black
    1.Transfer your hoenn pokemon to your completed pokemon D/P/Pt
    2. Transfer those pokemon to your completed pokemon B/W/G ( unconfirmed ) game and thats only if you have the catridges, if you don't you have the cartridge then you have to buy the catridge and either pay a large price at your local game store or get it cheep online and have to wait a week because of shiping >: (
    That's super complicated and hard, and considering that you can only transfer pokemon into the pal park once a day, you can only get those hoenn pokemon once a day. Unless of course you get the ones available in the other games, sooooo yeah.
    Nintendo remade Pokemon Gold and Silver because it was practically impossible to get any johto pokemon any way. Unless you played Emerald and happened to beat it AND complete your Hoenn pokedex completely 3 time in three different files ( which means you've caught and evolved every pokemon that isn't from an event ) That's SUPER hard. Breakthrough anyone?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well the pattern does make sense.
    R/G/Y - FireRed/LeafGreen (2006)
    Diamond/Pearl (New Game/2007)
    Platinum (Improved of Previous/2009)
    G/S/C - (HeartGold/Soulsilver/2010)
    Black/White - (New Game/2011)

Gray? - (Improved of Previous/2012)
    R/S/E - (____Ruby/____Sapphire/2013)

See the pattern?
    There's first a remake of a previous, then the new game, then the improved new game, then the pattern repeats.

Example:
    Red/Green - FireRed/LeafGreen
    Gold/Silver - HeartGold/SoulSilver
    Ruby/Sapphire - Look who's next!!
    Diamond/Pearl
    Black/White

Actually, from that it would seem there is a new Pokemon Generation every 4 years, so it would be:

Ruby/Sapphire - New Game (2003)
    FireRed/LeafGreen - Remake (2004)
    Emerald - Improved Version (2005)
    Diamond/Pearl - New Game (2007)
    Platinum - Improved of Previous (2009)
    HeartGold/Soulsilver - Remake (2010)
    Black/White - New Game (2011)

Gray - Improved Version (2012)
    ____Ruby/____Sapphire - Remake (2013)
    Generation VI (2015)

OR

Gray - Improved Version (2013)
    ____Ruby/____Sapphire - Remake (2014)
    Generation VI (2015)

OR

____Ruby/____Sapphire - Remake (2012)
    Gray - Improved Version (2013)
    Generation VI (2015)

OR

____Ruby/____Sapphire - Remake (2013)
    Gray - Improved Version (2014)
    Generation VI (2015)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Seeing as you're using English release dates for this whole thing, there'll be no new English release Pokémon game next year, unless Game Freak breaks the release schedule they've stuck to since 2006 and releases a game in Japan before September of the year (Which would be a remarkably quicker process in reprogramming the engine and creating whole new assests for a next-gen system than we saw with R/S and D/P's release dates). Meanwhile they aren't likely to sit on Pokémon games for more than a year, so we'll probably hear info on the next game by this time next year, with a Japanese release around September 2012, followed by English in Q1-Q2 2013.

Following the previous trends that leaves us with two games before a new generation - which I would bank on being a remake of Ruby and Sapphire first, both coming in on the 10th anniversary of the original release of the games, while also being something a bit more attractive to 3DS sales than a better version of a DS game.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • There's too much evidence to support Pokemon ???Ruby and ???Sapphire.
    Check this out.

1. Hints in BW
    Spoiler:

2. The timeline
    Spoiler:

In terms of the timeline, the timing seems to be absolutely perfect. Also we're getting Gen VI in 2015 anyway.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • It does seem like they are just remaking the old games now, except for the release of B/W...But a new region came out between the remakes of R/B/Y (LeafGreen/FireRed) and G/S/C(HeartGold/SoulSilver) Which was R/S right? So perhaps this is a repetitive thing..A remake, then a new region, then a new remake, then a new region..Though hopefully not. But I do hope they remake R/S/E because tbh, those were the best Pokemon games they ever came out with. Had good color, double battles, best pokemon..The list is endless. It also was the ones that started with two legendaries battling it out..(Im pretty sure at least.) ^_^. If so, Ill be the first in line!

Years
  • How about new features, returning features? All I've read about is how they'll come to be, why they'll come to be, if they'll come to be. What about "when they'll come to be, what'll it be like?" If I seem rude, I'm not meaning to be, but this is a speculation thread, is it not?

How about the returning features we'd all like to see:

-Night and day actually have a cosmetic function
    -Moving sprites
    -Contests coming back so there's something left to gain if you're done battling and something else to actually think about and calculate

And then some of my personals:

-The Hoenn Battle Frontier (has the Anime EVER visited the Sinnoh Battle Frontier? Didn't think so. There was actually some element of adventure or suspense in the Hoenn Battle Frontier--the Pike was unpredictable, you're stumbling around in the dark in the Pyramid, you always have to think of a different strategy for every pokemon that comes in in the Factory, the Dome has varying trainer difficulties, the Tower is just that plain ol' competitive battle rush we all love, you don't even know what your own Pokemon will do in the Palace, and the Dojo is actually judged--your opponent will be based on their individual performance, meaning that without you doing anything wrong, you can still lose.)
    -I was actually thinking of some sort of thing where it's actually a couple o years after the events of R/S/E, and Maxie (on the Ruby remake) or Archie (in the Sapphire remake) sends his son if you're a girl or daughter if you're a boy to get a starter that will help team Magma or Aqua take Groudon/Kyogre (respective to the team leaders) down (the starter that's strong against yours, and May will have the one strong against them and weak against you). They'll keep popping up again and again, each time just a little more out of it, but acting more and more...flirtatious with you (yes, a love interest featuring the protaganist and the two rivals; May--or Brendan--gets a little jealous) when finally at the end of the main storyline asks you to join them in conquering their team's sought-after Legendary. Of course, you say no, and then win the game. YAY! ALL HAPPY! Oh, and of course, because of the battle your game's evil team got in with your game's legendary, the legendary is weakened so that you can catch it more easily (just a higher catch rate--nothing like half health.)

So...yeah. Feel free to comment on my ideas as you will.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Speaking of Hoenn Battle Frontier, is the remakes were made before Grey, the Hoenn Frontier could be in Grey. After completing the game, Skyla says she can let the player ride on her cargo plane, but she doesn't xD In Grey, she could let the player ride on her cargo plane and they could fly to the Hoenn Battle Frontier.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    12. Both in B/W and R/S, you get the region's common birds late-ish in the game. eg; Pidove is found at Route 3 and Tailow is found in Petalburg Forest. Pidgey, Hoothoot, and Starly are both found early in there respective games. - Credit to Rawrinism

I question the credit to this.

Tailow are also found in Route 104 right before Petalburg Woods which is before the First Gym, while Pidove cannot be found until Route 3 which is after the first Gym. As for them being Late-ish. It is faster to get a Tailow as the only major story influences is the battle against May/Brandon and meeting of your Dad/Walley. I believe the Dad/Walley part can be skipped and you can go straight to Route 104 and catch a Tailow. So Story wise Tailow is still early.

Also the bit on rivals. D/P/Pt the rivals are more similar to R/S/E than B/W. Other game Character (Boy/Girl) Assists the Pokemon Professor of the region more than seeking out badges and attacking you for the sake of battling. When (If in D/P/Pt's case) they end up in a battle with you, they are measuring your progress as a trainer to take data for the Pokemon's growth for their Professor. While Wally/Barry is a friend that constantly shows up to challenge you to see how they stand while training to conquer the Gyms of their regions. They are also the only regions that have optional character choice played by an NPC that does not battle you before the E4. In Black and White the optional Character choice doesn't exist in the game as an NPC.

Another major difference. Wally doesn't play a crucial role to the over all story. While both Bell and Cheren had many interactions with Team Plasma as part of their character development. Wally's development happened off screen and through second hand knowledge by his family.

EDIT: I see Timelines above and feel the need to add this from another post I made.

Japanese Titles:
    Red/Green/Blue Released: Feb. 27th, 1996.
    Yellow Released: Sep. 12th, 1998. (Two year period)

Gold/Silver Released: Nov. 21, 1999 (Year after Yellow) (Same system)
    Crystal Released: Dec. 14th, 2000 (Year after G/S) (Changed to Color System)

Now keep this in mind, the Gameboy color while it was a different system on its own WAS to the Gameboy Series as the DSi is to the DS. It was basically an edited version so the coding was exactly the same with only variation to the coding was the addition of Separated color pigments. Gold and Silver were in fact Capable of having individual color pigmentation so they were in theory unless someone can prove this for a fact made for the Gameboy Color. They were produced early so they were put into Gameboy cartridges but are also Gameboy Color games.

Ruby/Sapphire Released: Nov. 21st, 2002 (Two years after Crystal)
    Fire Red/Leaf Green Released: Jan. 29th, 2004 (Roughly a Year and a half) (First remake)
    Emerald Released: Sep. 16th, 2004 (half a year from FR/LG) (I believe this one was also announced before the Remakes and was worked on at the same time as the remakes)

Diamond/Pearl Released: Sep. 28th, 2006 (Two years after Emerald)
    Platinum Released: Sep. 13th, 2008 (Two years after Diamond and Pearl) (Same System with updated graphics)
    Heart Gold/Soul Silver Released: Sep. 12th, 2009 (Year after Platinum) (Same system and graphics as Platinum)

Black/White Released Sep. 18th, 2010

So roughly its 3 and a half years average between each main game. 3 years for the early years and 4 for the later years. Secondary games...Rough Average is 3 years. Early set being 2 years apart and those after that seem to be 4 years apart. If we follow this "Grey/Gray" wouldn't be released until 2012...near...September to December....(Off Topic: SO Pokemon is going to end the world XD....Sorry wanted to get that out of my system now XD) And for the Remakes if any are needed as the main reason for them was to re invite the first and Second Generation games back into the inner circle of the Pokemon games (Can be freely traded). Oh...The remakes had a five year gap so depending on what they put priority on. We may not get Ruby/Sapphire remakes until 2014...We'll go 2013 for advancement in technology XD.

Although the need so far isn't there.

Red/Blue/Green/Yellow's Remakes: Games were not compatible with newer games.
    Gold/Silver: Games were not compatible with newer Games.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Compatible with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Compatible with Black/White.

When Diamond and Pearl aren't compatible then maybe they'd have reason to remake Ruby and Sapphire, but right now, there isn't a need to do this.

Last edited:

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • Hmm, I'm not one to speculate this, but I reallllly hope that they are remaking these games.

I absolutely adored the Hoenn Battle Facility.

I mean, the Battle Dome, the Battle Arena, and the Battle Factory (the one in Sinnoh is just different. idk why) were my favorites.

And if they brought them back, I would be extremely ecstatic.

I can't believe they got rid of those 2, mainly Battle Dome -.-'

I'm even contemplating buying a Pokemon Emerald xD

And maybe the other 4 games as well. I mean, not much battling techniques can come from only Hoenn pokes ~

Shorty-

Unique is an Understatement.
    Years
  • I would love a remake. I completely missed that generation all together, so being able to be a part of it would be great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back