• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Ryoko Legacy

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
    Okay, so now that I'm back, I decided to resume working on my game, Pokemon: Ryoko Legacy. This is a game being made with RPG Maker 2003

Basically what makes RL differet from other Pokemon games is this. You don't fight with pokemon. The trainers actually fight each other, like a normal RPG. Now of course there are still pokemon in the game. But they are the equivilant of animals in the real world. They will attack travellers (which means you will fight some) and some are even pets. There will also be some Pokemon that willbe used as "summons" in battle.

The story I have so far is this:
    Well, the story begins with the main character (you name him at the start) on a cruise ship headed to the new region, Ryoko. After meeting some of the others on the ship, which include Brock, Ash, Misty and others, there is an announcement from the captain saying that the ship is under attack. Being the hero he is, your character goes out to find out what's up. On his way he meets Max, a fighter. They team up and head to the captain's cabin. Once they get there, they are confronted by your rival, but this time he's joined up with Team Rocket. The hero and Max fight them off and rescue the captain. Soon they arrive in Ryoko. As they leave the ship, they are challenged to a fight by Ash and Misty. Once victorious, Ash will explain what he knows about Team Rocket's plans and will head off to find out more. Misty joins the party and her, the hero and Max head to the pokemon center where they find out about the new Gyms.

Badges:
    The RL badges are as follows:
    Clay Badge
    Loveless Badge
    Shock Badge
    Shooting Star Badge
    Palm Badge
    Shield Badge
    Diamond Badge
    Nightmare Badge

Regions to be included:
    Ryoko (Obviously)
    Orange Islands (If Possible)
    Kanto (If Possible)
    And Maybe another custom region if I get the help of a talented mapper

What I need:
    So basically what I'm looking for is:

1) Anyone who would like to be a GYM Leader for the Ryoko Region. I need the following info - Character Name (Must fit with other Pkmn character names), Badge you want to represent (make sure its not taken) and a trainer sprite.

NOTE: The following Badges are left: Diamond & Palm. There are 3 Elite Four Slots remaining.

Characters:
    Name: (You Name Him/Her)
    Description: A kid on his way to the Ryoko continent to visit his/her aunt (Proffesor Fern). He/her soon learns of Team Rockets plans and heads off to stop them.

Name: Max
    Description: An adventurer on his way to Ryoko to have an adventure. His wish comes true when he meets the Hero and sets off to help save the world.

Name: Ash
    Description: Aware that Team Rocket is once again active, Ash is on his way to Ryoko to learn of their plans and stop them. He meets up with our Hero on the cruise ship and they soon team up.

Name: Misty
    Description: Ash's girlfriend (yes, in my game she's Ash's girlfriend). She decides to help Max and our Hero while Ash collects information on Team Rocket.

Well that's about all the info I can give right now. Any feedback is helpful and I'll try to get some progress done soon.

Here are some screens/maps for the project.

Route 201
    https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/ImmortalDreamer17/P-Community/RL_Route201.png

Ship From the Opening
    https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/ImmortalDreamer17/P-Community/RL_ShipB1.png
    https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/ImmortalDreamer17/P-Community/RL_ShipF1.png

Game Site:
    Link is on this site: https://darkmatter.draketech.info
    Click on the Ryoko Legacy link.

Demos:
    https://darkmatter.draketech.info/demos/RLWalkDemo.rar

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Please don't double post. The Edit button is there for a reason, I'd appreciate it if you edit your posts, which I've now done for you, when you need to add more info rather than just double posting.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    The trees in Route 201...
    What happened to them?

The maps need improvement. Make the houses closer to each other, and try to put some more details in it.

^^
    Looking good, anyway

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2007
    I didn't realize this was in RM2K3, sorry, though it was in RMXP, if it was then I'd help you lol. Sorry about that.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Then go log onto your other computer and get them? Jeez, you can tell it's 2007.

Ok I havn't commented on this game yet so, everything seems to be on par and that is a BIG suprise.
    The mapping feels normal and your story is rather original, the only thing I can suggest is what I suggest to every game, get some custom graphics. It will make your game more original and more eye-candy..full.. don't know the word. ( Really need to macro that sentance, I use it so much xD.)

But yeah, keep it up.

Last edited:

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
    Thanks! Glad to know I'm headed in the right direction. As for custom graphics, I'm edit myself some custom trainer sprites, I just need someone who can sprite and help design some custom pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2007
    ideas always pop into my head and sometimes they can be good but... I don't have a sprite edit tool in english so im useless lol

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
    Y'know I heard of a great sprite editing tool the other day.. IT'S CALLED PAINT.

BURN! Seriously, I use paint. I never really got into Photoshop or anything like that. Basics work fine for me.

The link to the game's site is now on the website in my sig. We have got a lot done so you might want to check it out. We also have 3 Gym Leader slots and 3 Elite Four slots open for people's characters. Apply on the site.

Also I think this thread meets the requirements now, can a mod please move it to Game Showcase?

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    You should've really PMed either myself or Avatar if you wanted your thread moving, rather than double posting again, which I've already told you is against the rules. So, once again, I'll merge your posts but please make it the last time or I'm gonna have to issue you with a warning.

Also, I've had to remove the forum link out of your first post since that is against the rules of PC. Anyway..

-Moved-

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
    You should've really PMed either myself or Avatar if you wanted your thread moving, rather than double posting again, which I've already told you is against the rules. So, once again, I'll merge your posts but please make it the last time or I'm gonna have to issue you with a warning.

Also, I've had to remove the forum link out of your first post since that is against the rules of PC. Anyway..

-Moved-

I have a question though. If I can't double post even when my thread has been inactive for about a week, how are people supposed to see the updates I post?
    Also, can I link to my site then, which has a link to the RL site on it?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I have a question though. If I can't double post even when my thread has been inactive for about a week, how are people supposed to see the updates I post?
    Also, can I link to my site then, which has a link to the RL site on it?
    If you are posting screenshot updates or a demo update and your thread has been dead for a while then I'll permit a thread permit a thread bump. Alternatively, you could've deleted your last post, which served no real purpose to the thread anyway, and posted a new post.
    But your post was only two days after your last one, which hardly makes the thread dead, and your "update" was extremely minor and would've been fine if you just editted your previous post.

You can link to your website, by all means, but direct forum linking is prohibited.

If have any more queries or complaints, please PM them to me as I don't want to continue going offtopic in your game thread and run the risk of you being in the situation where you are the last poster in your own thread.

Back