• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sandstorm

Witch Starters

• Vulpix, seel, Paras

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xadamxzzz

Pokemon Thunderstone Owner
Years
  • Pokemon Sandstorm

Intro-Pokemon Sandstorm is a hack in development and it is about a newly discovered region with some minor and some harsh earthquakes, sandstorms, volcano eruptions and much more.

Features

• new tiles (credit to Omega Zero's sexy rom base)
    • no rival
    • new events
    • much harder gyms
    • new harder trainers (by this I mean much stronger)
    • some trainers are in hard to find places and give more money
    • new champion
    • retyped Pokemon
    • new sprites
    • new evil team (team hydro-menix)
    • some new sprites of Pokemon
    • maybe fake Pokemon (still unclear)
    • New OWs
    • Legion of Doom to replace Elite 4

Faq
    not yet but I will give a full list of item places and hard-to-find trainer places

Achievements
    still to be won

Bugs
    minor
    major

When entering the second city(name is still undecided) the map glitches so when you go back to route 1 the tiles get all mixed up and eventually you get stuck

Team
    Me-mapping, Pokemon and trainer spriting, some scripting, sprite inserting, trainer inserting,leader
    ZOMGCODY-OW maker and spriter
    .LMG.-Advanced mapper

OPEN SPOTS
    mapping x1, scripting x2, World map maker and inserter x1,Title screen maker and inserter

STORY-
    Old story
    Spoiler:

New story yet to be made

Application
    Name you wish to be called with:
    Proof of skill:
    Past hacks you worked on:
    Time online:

Banners

Pokemon Sandstorm

Media
    Screens-Down blow

Vids-non yet

Downloads-
    after the route 1 second town glitch and beginning scripts completed alpha 0.1 will be released

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Legions of Doom LOL.

You've started of pretty well if this is your first hack. A few things need to be taken into account though.

Your screenshots have far too much open space. I don't know if the town is on some sort of savannah or prairie, in which case that is fine, but if otherwise you shouldreally put some flowers down or something.

Graphics are reasonable but don't really leap out at me. They should really be more "wow" but you've only just started so I'll be lenient here.

Are the gym leaders working with the legion of doom? If not, why must the protaganist defeat them first?

With the starters you should maybe replace Wooper with Shellder or Staryu so that all 3 of the startes use an evo stone to evolve. You might want also to tinker with their stats and movesets to make them a little more balanced.

Hope my criticism has been helpful. Hope you do well with this hack.

xadamxzzz

Years
  • Legions of Doom LOL.

You've started of pretty well if this is your first hack. A few things need to be taken into account though.

Your screenshots have far too much open space. I don't know if the town is on some sort of savannah or prairie, in which case that is fine, but if otherwise you shouldreally put some flowers down or something.

Graphics are reasonable but don't really leap out at me. They should really be more "wow" but you've only just started so I'll be lenient here.

Are the gym leaders working with the legion of doom? If not, why must the protaganist defeat them first?

With the starters you should maybe replace Wooper with Shellder or Staryu so that all 3 of the startes use an evo stone to evolve. You might want also to tinker with their stats and movesets to make them a little more balanced.

Hope my criticism has been helpful. Hope you do well with this hack.
    ok so here goes
    Your screenshots have far too much open space.
    in the over head view the aren't but I'll still fix that so there would be more stuff.

I really don't know what you mean...it would be helpful if you explained this to me so I could fix it.

I think I will change the wooper to shellder but honesty I really didn't notice that the starters I chose evolved with a stone.

Now to something else...It would really help to get started with a team

Thanks

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • Well it would be nice if u put a mixed starters from diff regions..like totodile bulbasaur and torchic.. etc

Neon Hydra

Master of Visibillity
    Years
  • I think i know how to fix your tile bug. This occures because the route 1 and second city don't share the same tile sets in A-map go to header and change them to be the same. That should fix it.

xadamxzzz

Years
  • I would just like to point out that help is still needed and alpha 1 is almost ready all I need is one scripter so the first 5 events will be put in. Already 5 maps are done. 1 gym is complete, these maps consist of Glaser town, Sanddust city, Flora Town, Rocky Mountinway, and the Super Pokemon center in flora town. And the last thing in the game you get threatening letters and the leave signposts with messages for the evil team

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I love the starters not being starters I hate starters..... anyway I like the Story you got going Screens look alright but the aforementioned open space I had that bug once in Vermilion city once I don't remember how I fixed it though well... I look forward to a beta and of course the eventual completion I want to battle the Legion of Doom :)

xadamxzzz

Years
  • Thanks but theirs no way I'll finish without help I've tried to do hacks by my self and it didn't work out all that well

EDIT: I'm thinking of adding some new Pokemon events like raikou and shiny regirock and shiny donphan what do you guys think

moonlight melody

Sapphire Moon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2010
    I think the events sound good, you should definetly add them. No one is applying? I'm surprised. I just started my own hack, and for now, the only thing I'm decent at is spriting. I could help with trainer spriting I suppose... (but I think you'd want soneone more experienced soo....) Anyways, I think your hack will come out really well. Good luck! :)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm not a fan of the story, but you might want to tinker with it a bit. Anyways, GL on this.

Last edited:

Z0MGCODY

The Enigma
    Years
  • Hay man, I like your ideas. I also prefer starters not actually being starters, like Growlithe <3
    was wondering if I could help out with some OverWorlds maybe or sprites if you'd like, I'm not the greatest quite obviously but I try.

Name; Codez, Cody, Jim Jim the Butt Pirate, I honestly don't care what you call me...
    Proof; Some basic stuff on https://z0mgcody.deviantart.com/ If you want something better just ask aye.https://www.deviant
    Past; BlueFlame with Team MissingNO.
    Time Online; I have a flexible timetable.

xadamxzzz

Years
  • Hay man, I like your ideas. I also prefer starters not actually being starters, like Growlithe <3
    was wondering if I could help out with some OverWorlds maybe or sprites if you'd like, I'm not the greatest quite obviously but I try.

Name; Codez, Cody, Jim Jim the Butt Pirate, I honestly don't care what you call me...
    Proof; Some basic stuff on https://z0mgcody.deviantart.com/ If you want something better just ask aye.
    Past; BlueFlame with Team MissingNO.
    Time Online; I have a flexible timetable.
    sure you can be the OW and spriter thanks your in

xadamxzzz

Years
  • I'm not a fan of the story, but you might want to tinker with it a bit. Anyways, GL on this.
    Well more people are telling me that this is good then bad but I will work on the story a bit like change some small things

Back