• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon season 1 dvd ripoff

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    well i'm going to be buying season one of pokemon which is about 80 episodes and im going to be paying a pretty penny at 100 dollars. Tell me is this over priced? i mean as a collector of pokemon merchandise and a fan of season 1 i am going to get it regardless but i feel the price is way too much for it.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    well 80 eps of anytin for 100 bucks isnt ovr priced but seriously... dude... u can watch every single episode of pokemon evr made on the internet... for free. jst go to animecrazy.net (or do wat i did and use tv.com and simply type the name of the ep into megavideo.com search for the first 10.5 seasons then the rest on veoh)

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    well, you can get fairly cheap broadband nowadays. Plus, there are 11 series, I think. 100 bucks each comes to over a thousand dollars. How many months of broadband could you have for that :P? Plus, broadband will let you do other internet stuff.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    well 80 eps of anytin for 100 bucks isnt ovr priced but seriously... dude... u can watch every single episode of pokemon evr made on the internet... for free. jst go to animecrazy.net (or do wat i did and use tv.com and simply type the name of the ep into megavideo.com search for the first 10.5 seasons then the rest on veoh)

Or you can support the distributers and the company by looking for a cheaper boxset else where on the Internet.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    OUCH dial up! I remember those days...the dial up tone is hilarious

Hmm which must mean I got the boxsets for about £60...lucky I bought them before the pound fell.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    Woah Woahhh Stop right there. You definitly are over paying because I saw the first season for about $50 or less at my Fye. Look around more.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What the waffles?! That thing is goddamn cheap! They're usually 657 in my place! Buy It!

Nah, just joking with Pesos and Dollars. 100$ or about 1000 pesos is not worth it at all. Look for it on the interwebz. If you are not bound to find it, use Google... seriously.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I got my Season 1, 10th Anniversary box set for $50 at the store. I was really satisfied. I love this box set. But $100 is alot. Check eBaY.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Nope, no bonus features. Unless you count the Pokerap being at the end of the DVDs in the 1st box and Pikachu's Jukebox at the end of every episode in the 3rd box. Which I don't. :/

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    Yea highspeed internet is about.....70$ a month where I live compared to the city (40 min drive) where it is like 20 or 30$ to get a high speed connection. I think I will look around the net more to see if I can find a better deal on it. Oh I did pick up a pokemon tenth anniversary box set it had episodes featuring the top 10 favorite pokemon so it had about 30 episodes was 20 something bucks (canadian).

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    Bought the whole 1st Season in 3 different box sets for about $25 each. :) Walmart.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2009
    i was thinking of buying it even though i can watch it online. its nice to have for the future if you get me. i live in the uk and cant seem to find the seasons here. any ideas

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    i was thinking of buying it even though i can watch it online. its nice to have for the future if you get me. i live in the uk and cant seem to find the seasons here. any ideas

Try amazon I got it online there for 100$ which is the cheapest I can get it because of the drop in the dollar value. I dunno how your economy is compared to ours at the moment but you can find it online easily. If not try the big shopping centers.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

You'll only be able to find it in region 1 and it might not be compatible with region 2 players we have in the UK. All my DVD players can play them, but you might have to put your DVD model into Google or something and see if it's region free or you can get a hack for it.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    It is over priced, and make sure if you see any that has everysinge ep of the first season in one box set its 100% Bootleg fake because Viz Media has released the first Season in 3 box sets in part 1,2 & 3. Season 2 is out as well in One box set. Season 5 & 6 is also out in 2 parts in a box set even season 9. And Season 10 has 3 parts box set I beleive. And of course these are all region 1 there are no season on dvd in Region 2 (UK) like Jorah said but there is news that Network, the company who released Movie 10 in the UK are planning on releasing all the seasons, No Word on release date yet but they will start of with Volume 1 of Season 1 and First part of Season 10, not sure if it will be exaclty the same box style and dvd etc.. likeViz Media made have to wait and see

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Uh, why was my post deleted? What on earth is "If you want to bump your thread - post a new chapter. :/ " supposed to mean!? What is the point in being able to see deleted posts if we're give reasons that make absolutly no sense, or in other cases, no reason at all. I was answering someone's question! I'm actually annoyed. I took the time to answer someone's question and I'm not even given an actual reason why my post was deleted. Well, I got a copy and pasted answer. This is not my thread, so why would I want to bump it? Since it was a random mod, someone reported it...? Why...? All I can think of is it was supposed to have been off topic, but he was asking about series's so I assumed he wanted to know which boxset to buy first. Which does not tie in with bumping threads at all. Huh. Well, thanks for that. I'm getting the feeling it was supposed to be posted in the fan-fic section, but this makes absolutly no sense because I've never been there. Was it some sort of mistake? I suppose people make mistakes. Although I'm kinda annoyed a mistake was made in deleting my post haha.

I'm wondering if they're going to release the box sets in the UK at all, I'm wonderig if movie 10 didn't sell well so they're not going to bother with the TV series. :/

Last edited:
    Back