• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePokemaster999

Master Of All Pokemon
    Years
    i really have no preferance, but when i'm breeding i prefer males for TM/HMs-i.e;a level 5 Charmander with a level 100 Charizards stats/moves

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I was expecting something a little different from this thred... lol...

It doesn't really matter to me. Certain pokemon look better as a guy and certain pokemon look better as girls. Like I'd NEVER want a Female Drapion. Or a male Cherrim. It just doesn't look good IMO...

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Jeez. I'm a breeder too, so I'm gonna go with both.
    The fact is, both are important. Having a male, as mentioned before, gives moves, and can breed with ditto so no female is needed. Without a Ditto, you need a female. And, my Bagon w/Double-edge trick doesn't work without two parents.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Hmm... Woman find ways to do the impossible you know... :D Rofl I don't mean what you're thinking though. :S
    As for the gender of pokemon, I prefer females since they don't have the big horns/tusks/markings/whatever and fiesty animations like males do... My girl Staraptor owns the male Staraptor. :O Ah yes breeding, males are helpful but I clone my TMs so that doesn't matter... I hate finding Ditto since they're rare so females ftw.

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Heh-eh.
    Really, it all depends on the characters I make for the pokemon on my team.
    xD Forgive me, I'm young and have a big imagination, so for every pokemon I catch and have on my main team, I have a character and personailty for them.
    But I digress.
    I find at the moment, I have more males on my team than females. ( 5 males, 1 female)
    For some reason, I think up more males and female characters out of the pokemon. it just happeneds that way.
    If anybody's a writer or artist out there, tehy'll know what I mean when I say the characters write themselfs.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Males > Females... Its Always Gonna B That Way

That was sexist and I detest that statement XO

First of all, without the females, all the little boy pokemon would have to mate with each other. I don't see how that's gonna happen... Besides Pokemon gender doesn't effect them in battles. Gender is only used for breeding, so you can say one is better than the other.

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    to me, males have more aggression... so it would seem that they would be better in battles :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back