• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadow of the Wastes

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years

https://www.shadowofthewastes.webs.com
    By Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4609673...Has been moved!
    It's now a game, and not a hack! Just click the link above, or click the link under the title to go to the game's website!

Last edited:

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    Ok, a few ideas.

For the poisonous fog, you can replace sandstorms. Just make them purple, maybe change the graphics a bit.
    I saw a tut somewhere.

For the punching bags, you'll have to replace the ?? Pokemon. Between Celebi and treecko. The problem is
    they all use the same palette, so either the colours for all of them in one palette (2-3 colours each) or
    repoint the palettes. There's a tut for that somewhere, or I could do it the lazy 2-3 colours each way.
    Probably 2.

For the invisible badge gyms, make it set a flag or trigger when you beat it. It should be simple enough,
    just don't ask me. Whenever I script it fails miserably.

I can make a world map!
    An (unfinished because I'm lazy(sometimes))example of my skill:

Yay! My 123rd post!

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Thanks! I'm especially thankful for the sandstorm thing; I hadn't thought of that. When I first came up with the poison mountain concept, the mist and water would poison Pokemon that came in contact with them, but that's just wishful thinking for a hack.
    I saw the tutorial about inserting Pokemon too. Otherwise I never would have gone with Pokebots. And the flag thing was exactly what I was planning for the Great Gyms. That map looks okay, so when I'm ready for one I might come back to you; that is, if that was an offer of help like it sounded like?
    Thank you very much for your support.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Well I really want to make most of the maps, if not all, by myself. What I'd really want help with is getting and inserting some tiles. I have a rombase, but I need some special tiles for the Wastes north of Fight city, for poison mountain, and to make snow in Frost City and the area surrounding it.

Anyway, I was thinking more about that sandstorm idea, and it probably wouldn't work for me, even though it was a good idea, because I have a desert region in Alacci, too. Even if I didn't, I'd have to change the graphiics of sandstorm in battle, too. And then I'd have to either edit sandstorm's name and the pokemon who can learn it, or change it into another type of move.
    If I got help, it would be better to turn one of the mists purple, and then attach a new weather condition. I don't need a move to activate it, because I don't want pokemon activating it, understandably. So if one of the cool people out there who knows asm wants to help, it'll bring me that much closer to really making Alacci. And of course, they'd get their name in the credits - pretty high up there, actually. I don't think I could EVER understand asm. Too much math and vocab. :S But I can go without the weather condition if I have to, and just use purple mist on the maps for looks.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Tiles are something I'm relatively unfamiliar with. Pokemon Azure is my first hack, therefore I don't know much. But you can probably find some in the toolbox threads.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Yeah, that's okay. Thanks for the offer anyway. Besides, I like hearing that it's a good idea. Even the support is really helpful.

Speaking of support, I have some support banners I'll load up soon.
    And I plan on making a prettier title, for when I can use it.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Wow, thanks. Just don't get too hyped, because I don't plan on rushing. I always prefer quality over speed. Even when I get impatient; which can prove quite frustrating. ^^'

Anyway, for you and anyone else who wants to try to fiind or make tiles for me, I need snow for a snowy town and the area around it. I need poisonous water for inside and slightly around poison mountain (so, a tileset, with poisoned water, for poison mountain). I need wasteland tiles: Dead trees, brown grass, ect. This is in a valley, so i'll need to have the mountainside blocks intact. Also, I will need both poison water and regular water tiles in it. This can be done later when it's made into a tileset, too, though; these are just things to keep in mind.

In the mean time, I'll be working on the maps I can do without them.

I have userbars, when I have time to get them up. Also I'll be trying to work on the first post to make it more pretty, especially the title. But remember, the more time I spend on prettiness, the less time I'm spending on Shadow of the Wastes.

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    I figured, we aren't four, and we don't need to be led along like puppies. Let the player wander, and get into trouble because they decided they wanted to know how dangerous it could be, just to go off the path a little. That's the kind of stuff that would really happen.

Then someday, you randomly stumble into some cloaked guy stealing some kid's Pokemon... but that would only happen if you were in just the right place, at the right time. This means less being led by the nose, and more trying to figure out what's going on. Where are you supposed to be? Well, that's the point, right?

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    So, I have visuals up, and I have userbars for anyone who wants them. Now I guess I'll go work on another town (I'm getting the basics up first unless I get bored).

*edit* Since I'm just doing the outsides of towns now, you could say Meadowsville (the Training House town) is done. Again, right now I want the basic layouts. Meadowsville is made over Lavender Town. It's a small place that only exists because of the eccentric lady who built the Training House there.

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    That's a pretty good banner you got there! I might put both support banners on my signature! O_O

BTW, Kaylee_Krysteenah_Fynch, where'd you get those DP-like tiles in your screenshot from? I was originally gonna make Azure on a DPP rom base, but I found out it couldn't be suitably hacked, so I'm trying to make it still have a DP feel. Any chance you could help me out with that?

Last edited:

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    @poke-random - Did you want me to take and host that myself, or just add it to my support banner list?

@pokemonleaguechamp - I can't remember where I got it. But, I got it as a rombase, and started to map afterward. I still don't know much about inserting tiles. I'm a little scared to do it using Advance Map, and don't know any other way... =O

Thanks both of you. When I didn't see anyone paying attention to this thread, I was starting to wonder how interested anybody really was. Not that I was going to quit anyway, but it was kind of discouraging. So thanks, really.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
    @poke-random - Did you want me to take and host that myself, or just add it to my support banner list?

@pokemonleaguechamp - I can't remember where I got it. But, I got it as a rombase, and started to map afterward. I still don't know much about inserting tiles. I'm a little scared to do it using Advance Map, and don't know any other way... =O

Thanks both of you. When I didn't see anyone paying attention to this thread, I was starting to wonder how interested anybody really was. Not that I was going to quit anyway, but it was kind of discouraging. So thanks, really.

Just add it, it's on Flickr, and they probably don't care

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    This looks like a fantastic idea! It's missing all of the usual plot holes and bizarre motivations of most hacks. I really like that trainers farther away from paths will have stronger Pokemon, and that gyms will all be near the same difficulty level - that's much more logical than the way Pokemon games usually work. It looks like you're going for a 'sandbox' game feel by letting the player wander where he will. That's also pretty unusual. Heck, I don't think I've ever seen a game idea that wasn't linear.

If you need someone to help with spriting, I could do that.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Awesome. I really like the non-linear story plan you have, and that you want the player to decide how they play and the sort of character they are.

Anyway, good luck with this, and I hope everything goes well. ^^

Last edited:
    Back