• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shield Day 3 thoughts and notes

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • We left off trekking through Route 5 and taking out some trash.

• I headed back to the Wild Area for item hunting, grinding, and adding Pokedex entries.
    • So, finally making it to Hulbury, we come across an interesting conversation. Not sure what to make of this chairman guy, except his casual wear looks ridiculous (are those his boxer shorts?)
    • With the giant colored pipes, Nessa's Gym reminds me of Mario games for some reason - even if none of the pipes were green. Crasher Wake's gym in 4th gen had a similar puzzle with water and switches, except with raising/lowering water levels instead of water pipes. So yes, you've done something similar before in a Water gym.

Nessa Battle
    Cinderace Lv36
    Corvisquire Lv36
    Greedent Lv32
    Jolteon Lv36
    Persian Lv36
    Minccino Lv32

Oh look, another insecure Gym Leader who thinks giant inflatable form is gonna stop me. It took two hits from (normal-sized) Jolteon to end this show, and that's with only Thunder Shock.
    • Okay, assistant lady, because you were rude to me, I'm going to purposely make Mr. Chairman wait by heading back to the Wild Area for a bit.
    • At this point, either because I'm an idiot or because I wasn't paying attention, I JUST NOW realize I've had a fishing rod since I'm not sure when. Time to catch some Water Pokemon in the Wild Area, including my permanent one.
    • Discussion at the seafood restaurant mostly revolves around GM truck diesels... I mean, the inflatable yard Santa look-alike Pokemon gimmick, which I'm only half paying attention to. The grilled catfish is delicious, though.
    • At the mine on the other side of town, a familiar face is waiting. Thankfully, it's not you-know-who.

Bede Battle #2
    Cinderace Lv36
    Corvisquire Lv36
    Snorunt Lv23
    Jolteon Lv36
    Persian Lv36
    Shellder Lv15

Again, good attitude for a rival, not that strong of a team, though.

• It's Team Yell again, and no, I don't need anyone's assistance to take them on. I'm perfectly capable of taking them on myself. LISTEN TO TEAM YELL AND STAY OUT OF THIS, HOP. Fine, I'll just have to each all three of you clowns a lesson.
    I'm mad now. I ain't gonna tolerate this interference again. I obliterate Hoppy-boy's joke of a team before proceeding to mop the floor with the gang. Hopefully that sends a statement to the whole lot of them, but... Hop's already proven to be the type who doesn't learn from mistakes, and "Team" Yell don't seem like the sharpest tools in the shed, either.

John McClane got the ruthless and cunning Hans Gruber as his nemesis. Why am I stuck with some bratty kid?

• Really, that trashy no-name motel in Motostoke is still in business? And I have to step foot in that cesspool again? I reported them to the health department last time I was here. And it's another battle in here since the staff is too busy selling illegal substances to care about doing their jobs.
    At least the person I'm battling isn't Hop this time.

Marnie Battle #1
    Cinderace Lv41
    Corviknight Lv41
    Liepard Lv21
    Jolteon Lv41
    Persian Lv41
    Shellder Lv41

• Once again, I get the hell out of there before I contract some sort of disease. I stay at the Embassy Suites this time because I feel like splurging a little. Free cooked to order breakfast and evening reception, thank you!

Kabu Battle:
    Cinderace Lv41
    Corviknight Lv41
    Liepard Lv21
    Jolteon Lv41
    Persian Lv41
    Shellder Lv41

Kabu seems like a cool older guy. Unfortunately he too relies on the hot air balloon form Pokemon as a crutch. Shellder, despite not having really good water attacks, takes giant fire centipede down with two strikes.

And that's where I'll leave off for now. Looks like another long trip through previously unexplored parts of the Wild Area are in store - but that'll be next time!

Back