• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frugget

Meteor Masher
Years
  • Lol... in shiny gold x, i had to cheat to beat carlos the first time. his lvl 5 slowpoke owns you with yawn, curse (which increases attack and defense) and then tackle, which will start taking off half your health every time. I know the game's supposed to be hard, but man, that's just impossible. theres nowhere to train beforehand either, or anywhere to buy items, so if you run out of potions, you're screwed.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hi everyone, I'm happy that I had a day for me today (well... yesterday), so I did a lot of things today (I made everything up to the battle against Misty, this includes the events in the Power Plant, the Rocket at Cerulean's Gym and the battle at Nugget's Bridge, the encounter with Misty at Cerulean's Cape, and the battle at the Gym... As you can see, a lot of scripting, so that explains how happy I am :D)

Maybe I could have a little more time this weekend. But for now I need to start playing from the beginning to detect the first errors and add the stuff I could be missing (I will try to remember to investigate how the trading is enabled)

OK, now I'll take care of the posts...

Hi Zel,

I was wondering how you are gonna implement the "Day of the week" family who give you Hold items for your pokemon.

I haven't thought of an alternate way, I'm trying to see if my creativity gives me something... XD

Why did zel call the elite 4 "elitetrainers"? I know that he did not call lance "champion" because he would get your rival's name, but why didn't he just keep the name "elite 4"?

Because I can make use of the name "elitetrainer" to give that status to common trainers, and that way they would get the different battle music.

That's funny actually, because I just tried Gameshark, I got in... beat the three dragon guys, found Claire... but then it froze up as soon as I got to her.
    Urgh!

Well, a flag should have been setted when you did the Rocket event in Radio Tower (but there may be fixes in old events from old versions that you'd need to do again in the newer versions, meaning to play the game from the beginning)
    If you used a Gameshark to avoid the old man at the entrance of Dragon's Den, then you didn't step on the tile to make Clair disappear in the Den. See? As I always say... Cheats are bad... :(

Good to see you're still working on this since I got a 6 month ban (for a double post! :o).

Keep going homes

Snrub

Hey there! Long time no see :D
    Always nice to see people from "the old times" :laugh:

Lol... in shiny gold x, i had to cheat to beat carlos the first time. his lvl 5 slowpoke owns you with yawn, curse (which increases attack and defense) and then tackle, which will start taking off half your health every time. I know the game's supposed to be hard, but man, that's just impossible. theres nowhere to train beforehand either, or anywhere to buy items, so if you run out of potions, you're screwed.

Haha... Keep trying, it's all random stuff so sooner or later my Slowpoke will make a mistake ;P

That's all for today folks! I did the update at the beginning of this post, so I don't have anything else to say, so...

:P

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • Lol... in shiny gold x, i had to cheat to beat carlos the first time. his lvl 5 slowpoke owns you with yawn, curse (which increases attack and defense) and then tackle, which will start taking off half your health every time. I know the game's supposed to be hard, but man, that's just impossible. theres nowhere to train beforehand either, or anywhere to buy items, so if you run out of potions, you're screwed.
    I didn't even know it knew Tackle until I'd virtually destroyed it. It just kept on using Yawn and Curse. Half the time it used Yawn repeatedly when My Totodile was already Asleep

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
  • I would assume that since kyogre1940 proceeded to remix a new version of the original New Bark Town theme, the version present in beta 3.5 would no longer be included in future releases. However, I am most certainly uncertain. :)
    For my part, I can only hope that the three classic songs I mentioned earlier will be included!

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2007
    hello..in the clair gym...how can i get pass to the clair in arena gdmt =/can somebody post some screans or tell me please =)

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2007
    in eckuteak i cant pass to lake of rage
    and also i cant pass to the lighthouse
    someone please help me

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    in eckuteak i cant pass to lake of rage
    and also i cant pass to the lighthouse
    someone please help me

Did you buy this game? If so you have been ripped off. But to answer your question if you can't get past the lighthouse you are playing beta 2 which is common among the pirated games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Hi

Hi, I downloaded this hack and really enjoy it.

Well, a flag should have been setted when you did the Rocket event in Radio Tower (but there may be fixes in old events from old versions that you'd need to do again in the newer versions, meaning to play the game from the beginning)
    If you used a Gameshark to avoid the old man at the entrance of Dragon's Den, then you didn't step on the tile to make Clair disappear in the Den. See? As I always say... Cheats are bad... :(

Maybe he just beat the fake Director and thought that was the end of the event. I remember making that mistake in Pokemon Gold.

Years
  • Where to go?

Hey... I dont know where to find the area on the first post where it tells you how far the rom can go...Last I played I could only go to Ice Cave and I couldnt enter has Zel done more than this now?

:) Thanks

GeckoPutt

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Hey... I dont know where to find the area on the first post where it tells you how far the rom can go...Last I played I could only go to Ice Cave and I couldnt enter has Zel done more than this now?

:) Thanks

GeckoPutt

Well, you should look better.

the newest Beta is PREVIEW Beta 4 (so not the actual Beta 4 yet) which stops before you enter Victory Road.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • there is an FAQ on page one, and look up a regular Gold walkthrough, it isn't THAT much different. any differences you can ask about

Years
  • there is an FAQ on page one, and look up a regular Gold walkthrough, it isn't THAT much different. any differences you can ask about

Shows what you know. =P

In fact, I was already making a FAQ/Walkthrough for this game once it's complete, then handing it to Zel. So =P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Grrr.... That freaking virus....................... >:o

I hate it when I have bad news, but a virus got my PC... (Imagine how many curses I could I be saying by the time I make this post), which means I lost all the work I did after reaching Cerulean (includes the events in the return to Johto, with Celebii, and then the routes 24/25/9/10 and the Power Plant), but I lost A LOT of info I used for controlling the game, and A LOT of scripts after the defeat of the E4, that's what hurts me more. All of this means I'll have to: first, recover myself from the shock, then recover a lot of stuff, and finally do stuff again... And that sucks... big time...

So, I need to get some time to start to work on that stuff, and any kind of release will be delayed (don't know how much time, but seeing as I'm depressed right now, I'd say "a lot of time"). In the meantime I'll ask to close the thread (yeah... sniff... But I think it's pointless to have it open while I need to work on restoring the things I lost and having my Uni)

So, that's all for now... I don't think I'll be around for some weeks (if I were, then people could start pressing me, and if there's something I don't need right now is pressure)

But, if we think possitive, it would be kinda as when I started this hack, I worked on it kinda "in the shadows", and then I posted it and then... things turned out as they did. So, it's time to be "in the shadows" again, I suppose...

Well, I'm going. I wish everyone's hacks good luck!

-Till next time! *Hugs everyone*

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    good luk!!!!!!
    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • ah that sucks. but I understand zel.
    keep up all the hard work 'in the shadows'
    hope you get this back on track :)
    you're awesome man

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back