• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
Years
  • is 3.5 the one that goes all the way 2 the powerplant? because im stopped at ice path.

No the one that goes to the power plant is beta 4 and thats not out yet, 3.5 finishes at ice path and preview beta 4 finishes just before victory road

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2008
    Hey Zel

I was wondering if i could help out in any way possible in the scripting events department?

ladygalaxy

Shigeru/Green fangirl
    Years
  • Is it just me, or is the sprite of the heroine like...all black and flourescent? Lol. And on the trainer card, you can see Crystal, but in the intro and in the battles its the heroine from FRLG...but apart from that this hack is marvelous, Zel, thank you! I guess you jsut haven't got around to fixing the female sprites yet...no matter I guess I'll just play as a guy, just like the good old GS days! ^.^

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • Is it just me, or is the sprite of the heroine like...all black and flourescent? Lol. And on the trainer card, you can see Crystal, but in the intro and in the battles its the heroine from FRLG...but apart from that this hack is marvelous, Zel, thank you! I guess you jsut haven't got around to fixing the female sprites yet...no matter I guess I'll just play as a guy, just like the good old GS days! ^.^

What version of the beta are you playing? Zel has fixed most of the female sprite in the preview of beta 4 and i think he has completely fixed her in the final beta 4 release(not 100% sure tho)

Im counting down the days till the beta, i wont be able to play till tuesday now, im off to a concert this weekend:D

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Mew88

Mew88 is the concert that your going to called T in the park because thats where im going

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Let's start with the update: During this weekend, I'll split the game for making the X version (split = same game with edited trainers battles), I also will update the changes into my first post (with more updated screenshots... I really have old screenshots there), and we'll see if I get the sprites on time, if not, then it'll be left for the next Beta (with positive thinking, wow, a lot of changes are planned for the next Beta...)
    All of this means that on Sunday (if I don't get the sprites), or Monday (if I get'em), the Beta will be released.

Playing without Coin Case is true you don't need a Coin case to get coins. After you bought coins you can just play and pick up prize, your coins will count so you can get prizes

Not exactly true. The guy won't sell you coins if you don't have the Coin Case (I've tried it), and the ladies won't sell you stuff, because you don't have coins (unless you cheat and can add coins, then in THAT case, you'd be able to play with the Coin Case)

The Beta only goes up to after the fix of the Power Plant?
    Eh, though it does'nt sound like much, there is still alot of awesome events in between, no wonder.
    And I don't know if this question has been asnwered or not, but is the Snorlax at Vermillion catchable?

It doesn't sound like much? Ehhhmmm... Do you remember this the longest hack-in-progress in gameplay? (in-progress, the other completed hacks may be a little longer) The deal of releasing it through Betas may take a bit of that fact.
    And, when you can reach Lavender, you'd get the Radio, and wake Snorlax, but you can't reach Lavender yet.

Zel, I really do love your hack. I can't wait for the final version. As for my progress, I've beaten Claire, and I hatched a shiny Smoochum! (Does anyone know if you can trade Pokemon from ShinyGold using VBALink to an actual FireRed version?)
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

Yes, if you trade from SG to FR then you wouldn't have problems (as long as you have the National Dex on your FR, because you want to send a Smoochum)

& also Zel are you going 2 be updating the main page with some new screenshots??
    just curious

The screenshot season has closed. As I said before, I need to put more updated screenshots there, as soon as I release the next Beta.

I found something else: htp://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l91/Adammac2006/sql-pkfr_01.png

Yes, we had a Beta Testing already, so don't post bugs from the Preview. Better wait for the Beta for posting bugs (check out the list of Bugs in my first post before. Which reminds me I also need to update that... XD)
    I'm also skiping the fact you called me liar >:|

Hey Zel

I was wondering if i could help out in any way possible in the scripting events department?

Eh... Sorry but that part is pretty well covered. (It's just that scripting is the most fun part for me, so I want all the fun for me ;P)

Is it just me, or is the sprite of the heroine like...all black and flourescent? Lol. And on the trainer card, you can see Crystal, but in the intro and in the battles its the heroine from FRLG...but apart from that this hack is marvelous, Zel, thank you! I guess you jsut haven't got around to fixing the female sprites yet...no matter I guess I'll just play as a guy, just like the good old GS days! ^.^

Get a new version. In fact, better wait till I release the next Beta :)

That's it. I'll come back tomorrow, as I need to keep studying for an exam today T.T (yeah, yeah, you all wish me luck, no need to remember me that :D)

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Sweet, the next Beta's coming real soon. I can't wait for the new changes.

Must...have...Move Tutor...(one that reteaches moves)

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • Mew88 is the concert that your going to called T in the park because thats where im going

Yep thats the one T in the park, i only got a one day ticket tho:( but still its the best day to go so im still happy:D

Well either way i wont get to play till tuesday so im not bothered if you wait to get sprites:) Cant wait till tuesday now, gonna just chill and play shiny gold. Hmm what to play first, shiny gold or shiny gold x? not sure?

Oh and zel...good luck with your exam, i bet you will ace it:D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    No one has helped me yet. My Shiny Gold only goes at 84% speed and its not because of my computer because my Emerald,Ruby,LeafGreen,Sapphire,Crystal,Silvar,gold, and Yellow ROMS all go ABOVE 100% infact when I press space bar when playing Yellow it goes at 3000% speed

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2007
    Do you have multiple games playing? If not, I recommend you use no$gba, you can change the speed to the way you want it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    And thats the problem. I dont kn ow how to change the speed and no i do not have multiple games running. I close all my windows and stop everything that doesnt need to be running and the speed only goes to 84% on VERY VERY VERY rare occassions it goes up to 88%

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
  • And thats the problem. I dont kn ow how to change the speed and no i do not have multiple games running. I close all my windows and stop everything that doesnt need to be running and the speed only goes to 84% on VERY VERY VERY rare occassions it goes up to 88%

In vba go to options then frame skip then throttle, then go to other and type in 1000% and see if that helps

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2008
    Hello ZEL I have some questions

btw..

i have some question for you ...

1. Why i cannot go inside the LIGHTHOUSE? is it the door locked?
    2. Why i cannot see any APRICORN and BERRY?
    3. Do you know any MEMORY LOCATION to edit the money, exp, or pokemon's STAT? (I am using Visual Boy Advance/Memory Viewer)

I just want to enjoy the story of the game, so i need a way (CHEAT) to make my life easier :p

thanks in advance....

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • btw..

i have some question for you ...

1. Why i cannot go inside the LIGHTHOUSE? is it the door locked?
    2. Why i cannot see any APRICORN and BERRY?
    3. Do you know any MEMORY LOCATION to edit the money, exp, or pokemon's STAT? (I am using Visual Boy Advance/Memory Viewer)

I just want to enjoy the story of the game, so i need a way (CHEAT) to make my life easier :p

thanks in advance....

1. You must have one of the earlier Beta's and not one of the latest. Beta 2 ends in Olivine, Beta 3.5 at Ice Path and Beta4 Preview at Victory Road entrance.

2. Because there isnt a picture for them yet.

3. Cant help you there

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Yes, if you trade from SG to FR then you wouldn't have problems (as long as you have the National Dex on your FR, because you want to send a Smoochum).
    Sorry if this a little off-topic (the website doesn't give me the info I need, or I'm just stupid or something), but how exactly am I supposed to get it to work? I have VBALink set up for Wireless Adapter (single computer), and I have my FireRed hooked up with my wireless adapter. All I can get to is the "Join Group" and "Become Leader" screen, because when I choose one, it doesn't show that the other person is there at all.(Just to make sure, I'm using ShinyGold and my FireRed version that is not a rom, it's a real game cartridge)

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
    Years
  • Can someone help me my computer crashed and now I cant find a Fire Red rom I have just looked at every link on goodle on the first 15 pages with no luck can someone please PM me where to find the ROM

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back