• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Sky Blue

Waudby

Hey guys. I've been away for a long time really. But you will be glad to know I haven't stopped making games.

After a Hard drive reformatting, which lost all my previous work. I decided to start again.

I feel I have now reached the stage where I can show you some of my work

(cue drum roll)

This is my new game.Being made in Sphere. The story starts off in the Johto region, but does span all the regions except Sinnoh.

The game starts off like normal, you have to find Professor Elm's bag, take it to him.

He then offers you to join a new set of teams recently created to stop the outbreak of violent wild pokemon who have been attacking towns and villages.

He then gives you your first pokemon, and asks you to head off to see Mr Pokemon as he has made an interesting discovery.

I won't reveal any more than that so far, as it will be shown in the first demo.

-Features-

-D/P style(kinda) Bag System. Has the pieces from the bag system in D/P

-Battle System - Just like the regular system, but with a few tweaks.

- Reputation System - this will be split into two parts, Individual Rep, and Team Rep

- Team System - You join a team right from the start, you get a headquarters and helpful hints from other team members etc.

- Day Night system - Self explanatory really.

- Berry System - Pick berries off a tree, and they won't grow back til the next day!

-Screenshots-

Here a few, I want to keep you excited about the game :)

-Demo-

The demo is currently in the works.

And i can safely say it will be released soon.

Maybe in the next two weeks.

It will feature up to the first Johto Team mission.

Well hope you like the look of the game so far.

I will have more updates nearly everyday. As I'm free from school now :D

So comments anyone?

-Waudby-

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, welcome back! Anyway, screenshots are looking pretty good so far, even though you have only a few. One thing, though. You might want to make the text box a little lower.

Waudby

Thanks for the advice Don. I was thinking about doing that anyway to help make it look better.

I should have some more screenies soon, and a demo, the demo story line has nearly been finished, it's not the most perfect story line, but it works well lol.

It's based around the first few areas of Johto, up to violet city

and then something super secret happens.

Years
    Looking nice, I wish you good luck with this!
    I noticed you don't have a banner for the game?

Soooooo..... I made one!

There you go ^_^

Waudby

Good news, I have made alot of progress today with the systems. I have nearly finished the Pokemon Status stuff, I then have to code the whole of the Pokegear and the options and pokedex, and then the demo will be ready.

I have a small battle system coded but it's really pityful and doesnt do it's self much justice lol.

Screens soon.

Years
    Thanks. I really like that.

Good news, I have made alot of progress today with the systems. I have nearly finished the Pokemon Status stuff, I then have to code the whole of the Pokegear and the options and pokedex, and then the demo will be ready.

I have a small battle system coded but it's really pityful and doesnt do it's self much justice lol.

Screens soon.

Sounds good! By the way I'll make you a better banner soon but that one will get you by for now ^_^

Anyways are you using RPG XP to make the game?

~Canine Munch

Waudby

I'm using Sphere to make the game. I find its tons more flexible.

Well, all I can say is thanks for making that banner. Any help is always apreciated.

Waudby

Just finished adding in all the data for every attack, and most the data for each pokemon, all I have left to do is the Movelists for the pokemon.

I'll post some screenshots when I have finished the Pokemon summary screen :)

-Waudby-

Years
    Seems like your working at a really good pace. Looking forward to playing the demo, mostly because you've piqued my curiosity with the 'something super secret' that happens.
    Keep up the good, fast work! Well done so far.

Waudby

Finally nearly finished the first bit of the summary screen.

Enjoy :)

and yes that is a shiny pokemon, i have all the systems confiqured using the right formula of 1/8129

I have also, scripted the system to have a different sprite for male and female.

Shows the 2nd Summary screen which I have just finished.

Slightly empty Moves screen, will be filled up more in the future.

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    This sounds awesome, I have a question though. Will you make it so that we travel back and forth between regions or will it be one region after the next?

Waudby

It will definitely be back and forward between the regions, as some of the Team Missions you get will be spread across the regions.

I don't want to say too much about what these missions will be, but one might be for example, you have to take a new pokemon egg, to Professor Oak, from Johto to Kanto, and on the way thats how i can tie in some other story line events.

Waudby

I'm pretty sure that I will finish this game, or do enough to release a very near finished version.

I hope that if it doesnt get finished that i have completed enough for someone to finish it off, or for people to learn how to use sphere from it

Years
    What is your mascot Pokemon going to be because I would like to design a proper banner for this game, because that one took me 5mins to make. So which Pokemon would you like on it?

~Canine Munch

Waudby

You could put on liek Totodile, since it starts off in the Johto region

Sounds good.

Once again thanks for the banner help.

Years
    :)

This game is really looking good.I looked at your previous game,Pokemon Opal,and i have seen that you have excellent gaming techniques.Too bad that all the progress on that game has gone :(!
    Anyway,I think that you can put another region on the game.And it's name could be Hyore.
    And the last thing:
    Can I be betatester at this game(Pokemon Sky Blue,cool name:)),please?

Back