• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Sky Blue

Waudby

I also ripped some of the tiles from official screenshots which were in png format.

I also had to edit some tiles as there werent in the right size for my game.

I may when I have a more complete set of tiles release the sheets, as personally, ive seen a few of the sheets and theyre just not looking too great lol.

Waudby

Sorry about the double post, but i have a brand spanking new update,

with some interesting things :)

firstly;

a screenshot of the new town i've worked on today, part of a brand new unamed region, whichs is now completely finishe dbeing planned out.

*EDIT*

I have another screenshot of the first route and first city of the games after the town posted earlier.

heres the city:

and heres the route 101;

Secondly is a badly drawn diagram of how this new region will be laid out, this isn't the game map don't worry lol.

just something I thought people might like to see so that they have some idea how it will be, the names of towns and cities are there too. (please note some of the town names might change);

i hope this helps people understand what the region will look like.

Any comments?

Last edited:

Waudby

After a few days of thinking abotu some new ideas, i have a few that I think I will implement into this game.

1. Ability to train your Pokemon in more ways than just battling.
    - Certain places on the road, where you can stop and train different things, i.e train at a river and water pokemon will become stronger.

2. Data File transfers.
    - In the upstairs of the Pokemon Center after beating the 2nd gym, there will be a lady, when you speak ot her she will give you the option of transferring a pokemon to file for trading. This will create a special, .PKMN file of your pokemon, which you can then swap with your friends on a free site which i which i have got, or via msn or sumthin, the new file will need to be put in a 'Transfers' folder, when you reutn to your game and speak to the lady she will check if there is a file in that folder, if there is, she will add that pokemon to your pokemon list.

I may make that system a bit liek the Pal Park in D/P where the file, will be loaded as a pokemon, and only those pokemon in that file will appear in the grass in that area.

Critiscm?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    i love the game! it looks great! i want to see more screens!

your game is nice! :D

wish you luck and y wanto to se more screens!:D

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    1. Ability to train your Pokemon in more ways than just battling.

2. Data File transfers.

1. I really like that idea, seems like something that should have been put into a real game.

2. Interesting idea, I am anxious to see how it will turn out.

Waudby

1. I really like that idea, seems like something that should have been put into a real game.

2. Interesting idea, I am anxious to see how it will turn out.

Yeah thanks :)

for that idea i was thinking about maybe making certain routes with a stop off point where you can stop and train a pokemon.

Which brings me onto the next newest feature, these 'stop off' places also have a new way of switching pokemon.

Unlike the traditional bill's pc way, you can now get any of your pokemon out by using, uplink stations around the region.

I want to add a slight bit more realism to the games as I feel the official games always baby the series not releasing it's full potential.

I want to put emphasise on the fact that these pokemon are creatures which grow and have feeling's etc. SO I may add in some new features which relate to this. Anyone with ideas either pm me or post them here.

Anyway, I should be able to post some new screenshots from the beginning of the game soon.

How do people feel about a small working demo in which you get up to the stage where you get your first pokemon?

It will be slightly more enetertaining than in normal games.

I also want to add in that the Pokemon world has a history and so that there will be ancient lore of this region. The towns will also be bustling full of energy with things happening.

And If i can make the system work I also plan on having bird pokemon fly overhead and butterflies flyign aroudn to create the sense of a flowing world.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    The thought of a realistic pokemon game, what an idea!! I can't wait to see that demo.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • OK, well 2 inspire you and make you happy I have ideas that i want in a game;

More contests(useing skateboard tricks, I don't know)
    MUCH bigger region than commercal games.
    Mini-games!!!
    More Items, Moves, Pokemon

Waudby do you want me to help you by giving you sprites and stuff

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    yeh i love the new ideas. especially the trade feature. thats nice. except there should be limitations. for example, depending on what gym your up to will determine what level pokemon you can obtain via the trade. you will need to have some exceptions. otherwise ppl could trade really high level pokemon to just starting games and dominate it.

Years
  • Very nice, I like the new direction you are going with the graphics. I also like the non-tradition training idea and the uplink stations idea. The non-traditional trading feature could add plenty of depth to your game.

One thing that troubles me, though (it has to do with the graphics). Why don't the characters have shadows underneath them?

Waudby

Im doing the shadows seperate to the actualy characters, because i'm goign to try and add a more realistic shadow to it, if not, i will just put shadows on the sprites lol.

Waudby

But i have important news today.

I am now at about 60% completion of the first demo.

If all goes well it should be ready for testing by the end of the week.

It will feature, a WIP titlescreen, saving, loading, fully completed intro scene, and an short walk around, in which the first part of the storylien will be revealed.

I may post some screenshots soon.

I believe that this demo will be of high standard and that there won't be too many bugs to fix at all, so everyone will get to play it soon!!

Dark Rukario

Lanturn Lover
    Years
  • This game is looking pretty good so far! Keep it up! The storyline sounds pretty interesting also. I can't wait to play the demo!

cheesycrazy

Pokemon Diamond Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Please finish It now!!

COME ON PLEASE FINISH IT!!!
    I want to play now!

Back