• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Sky Blue

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2008
    YO! are my eyes going wack or are those d\p graphs?!?!?!? like wow man u got skills keep it up!!! i so wanna play the demo!!!(even iff it takes an hour to download!!)(: :)

cassian92

Battle Prince Cassian
    Years
    I have a few questions:
    1) Will the game continue after you finish exploring the Johto region?
    2) Will there be some new features, like a Pokenav or something?
    3) Are you 'hiring' any beta-testers for the demo?

Waudby

The storyline has changed a bit since the first post as i wasn't happy with it.

The story starts off in a new region, you then later get to go to the johto region.

and maybe kanto and hoenn as well.

Waudby

Just to let everyone know. this game is still being worked on.

At the minute I am trying to sort out the battle system, it's more diffcult than I expected.

I am also going to proudce a big array of screenshots in the next post so that people don't have to read through all of the pages to see the screenshots.

Years
    Good to hear from you, and to hear that you are still working on the game. Keep chiselling at te battle system, and you will get it done.

Anyway, can't wait to see the new screenshots.

Waudby

Showing some pictures of my largely unfinished battle system, just to get some interest going :P

Also some other random screenshots that were svaed on my computer, this stops the need for searching for these through the thread.

enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Wow. For an unfinished battle system, that looks pretty darn sweet... And I just love the graphics, I think it was a good choice to switch. Good luck on the demo!

Waudby

At the moment, the battle system is pretty much at it's bare minimum, the graphics are the only thing thats really been scripted, and the menu, but as for attacks yet, they are at a very primitive stage, all the move data, and power, pp, type etc is coded, just need to combine the two to allow for attacking to happen.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    This is looking great man, and I can't wait to see any progress that you've been making since your last update.

However, there is one tiny flaw that I've spotted in your screens, and that is the fact that all of the pokemon in the battle screens don't have a shadow. Details, details D=

keep it up ^^,

Waudby

This is looking great man, and I can't wait to see any progress that you've been making since your last update.

However, there is one tiny flaw that I've spotted in your screens, and that is the fact that all of the pokemon in the battle screens don't have a shadow. Details, details D=

keep it up ^^,
    This is because, I am working on a script that adds the shadow according to the size of the Pokemon.

As Strange as this sounds, I am currently thinking about rescripting this whole game, as I really don't like how it is done.

I want to make it more OO, so that I can't cut down my work load.

Is there anyone willing to help me, at all with this game?

I'm looking for any help, whether it be mappers, in which I will send you my tileset which atm isn't very big lol, or it could be spriters willing to make me new things.

Any offers?

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
    OH, ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can give you about 10 house maps or more, but thats it. They are all mine. What em? If it makes the game go faster then please take them.

Waudby

if you send then to me, in a PM, i will look at them and let you no which ones will be used, so that u can see the credits in game.

thanks.

also, i'm thinking about adding a new feature to the game,luck. this will affect things in certain ways, like the ability to find a shiny pokemon, it will be based around how luck yyou are.

there will be many ways to change and improve your luck stat, from finding the item, Four Leaf Clover, or Lucky Charm etc, to doing side puzzles which invole luck.

This game will also have missions, kinda like the ranger game, but these are not part of the main storyline, but will help you "catch 'em all".

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
    You want a new feature? Add one to the battle system like a battle calculator, it calculates the outcome of the battle. This is go by adding up all the stats and the most wins. The mapps are coming soon.

Back