• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon snap

jasonresno

[fight through it]
Years
  • I loved this game. It was so refreshing to finally step away from the battles and enjoy the Pokemon World. We can only dream of an in depth version coming to the Wii.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • lol, I still remember the day I first played it. I think it was about 2003 or 2002, my friend let me borrow his N64 with all of his games. I saw Pokémon Snap and I was like "Oh no, this is a card game.." So I didn't play it until the last day I had it. I LOVED IT and wished I played it more...Damn me and my stupid mind..But 5 years later and I own the same games as my friend and a new N64..I play Pokémon Snap nearly every day. Even though I finish it in less than 3 hours. I still have lots of fun with this classic! It soo beats Pokémon Stadium!

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2008
    That game is absolutely amazing it. I actually have it on my Wii. The only downside to it is that it can be beaten so easily, and there really isn't much replay value.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I've purchased this game before, and it seems uber awesome.
    I don't care about the bad gameplay or shortness, but I think it has a lot of potential for a sequal on later consoles with more games added and more photo-time with Pokemon.

Lycoris

Teh Sexeh Lexieh
    Years
  • Omg! I <333 Pokemon Snap, I has it on muh N64!

I haven't played it in forever though since we unhooked the 64 to put the Wii in my room but I hella remember it. I had issues with it though. I finished the game but I always was missing 1 pokemon. And I could never figure out what it was and where it was at.

I think a Pokemon Snap for the Wii would be great. Being able to use the wii remote to point at Pokemon and click maybe A or something to take the pics. With Pokemon from all 4 seasons. And tons of areas like a snowy mountain or a grassy field, maybe riding around on a Lapras to take pics.

The only thing I had issues with is there wasn't enough pokemon in the game, even though it was first season like they didn't even put all 150 in there.

-hoping a new one comes out soon-

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • lol, I remember how frustrating it was to get a picture of a Muk. I gave up for a week before going back and finally getting it.

A remake would be awesome. They have the technology to make an amazing sequel, and with almost 500 Pokemon, there would be no shortage of pictures to take.

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
    Years
  • Great game Pokemon Snap is. ^^
    I actually still have it for my N64 and I play it every once in awhile when I get bored. I remember you use to be able to make stickers at Blockbuster out of the pictures you took... ah, good times.
    I really hope they get around to a re-make of the game, I could just envision it being so great on the Wii with all its capabilities.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • True it is only taking pictures, but it was a nice break from the repetitive battle-capture-battle-capture pattern you go through in every other Pokemon game, especially for one of its time. It introduced a new aspect of the Pokemon universe and opened the door for future games to develop. If you think about it, it was really the first Pokemon game to break from the main series and do something new. It pretty much led to "Hey You Pikachu", the puzzle series, and the PMD games by being different than every other Pokemon game.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I loved Pokemon Snap! ^_^
    It was amazing.

The only criticism I have on it is that is was much too short.
    And I wish it had more pokemon in it.. that would make it slightly more challenging.

But overall I think it was a great game, and definetely gave a different look towards Pokemon.

Years
  • Pokemon Snap could have been even better had they included every Pokemon (not just 60, or whatever the number was). Nonetheless, it was still a pretty enjoyable game. I liked all the N64 Pokemon games, for one reason or another (with the exception HYP, which although innovative, wasn't very good).

Now, could you imagine if they created a game of this type now for Wii with all the Pokemon available? Replay value would almost be limitless.

~Zel!x

Cope Tiles. Coming soon
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    oh its a clasic im play this game in my N64. im having a obsesion... xD im capture pics of the all pokemons.

Zennyo Ryūō

In love with CoD - WaW. XD
    Years
  • Ah, Pokémon Snap. In my opinion, this was the best pokémon spin-off ever. It was pretty deep and, at some points, challenging. I love this game.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I do too, but how do you get the pokemon signs graded, I take picture but I just end up discarding them.

You just take a picture of a sign and then mark it to show Prof. Oak.
    He'll be all excited to see it, but I don't believe he actually "grades" the picture, rather just puts it in the "signs" part of the album or whatever.
    If you have more than one picture for him to choose from, I think you just pick whichever one that you like the best.
    But there's no poses or angles really to grade a sign on, whereas there is with the Pokemon, because they're more of a challenge to get a good picture of.
    I'm a little cloudy on it.. it's been a few months since I've played.
    But after you get all six signs, you get access to Rainbow Cloud, where Mew is.

Last edited:

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    I actually have the original cartridge of Pokémon Snap for the N64 (then again, I don't have a Wii, so it wouldn't make much sense for me to have it on the Virtual Console). I'd have to echo the sentiment that it was entirely too short – though, I don't think having more Pokémon in it would help that. It just needs more substance, is all. The on-rails photography is what made it difficult at some times too, since you'd only have a small window of time to get what you needed. I remember when I was younger that it'd take me forever to figure out how to go on from the Cave area (into the Volcano area).

I was actually debating playing it over the break this weekend, though I'd have to get through schoolwork, then the temptation to play other things, like Devil May Cry, Killer7, or Rogue Galaxy. Oh, and of course, XD and/or Colosseum.

Back