• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Snapage

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
Years
  • Pokemon Snap. Yes. Its a wonderful game. I personally downloaded it on my Wii instantly, and many of you probably did too.

BUT as amazing as that game is, its seriously lacking in the amount of pokemon to take pictures of. Its a very fun and great game, but with only 63 pokemon, the game doesnt take long to beat. I got it and a few hours later the whole game was beat and I had a pretty decent shot of every pokemon. And yes there are challenge scores, but the main game does not last as long as most of us would like.

So if you acctually took the time to read that, I guess my real point is: How cool would it be for a remake on the Wii? It seems to me that it would be amazing. Imagine the posibilities with the remote as a camera, and with all of the pokemon that are out now? The creativity of Snap is amazing (i.e. knocking Charmeleon in lava to evolve.) and the Wii and new pokemon would make it even better.

Post you comments and ideas here.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • I've actually said that to my brother and I think it would be a great idea. using the wii remote as a camera and being able to take shots at different angles by tilting the wii remote. and especially with over 400 pokemon. that would be sweet.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I would definentaly buy it. ^.^ I loved that game. I'm getting it on Wii Shop for Christmas. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    I dont know abiut that game from where do you get that game. Can you share that site with all of us.

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
    Years
  • I dont know abiut that game from where do you get that game. Can you share that site with all of us.

Erm, it isnt a site, the game Pokemon Snap was originally for the Nintendo 64.
    It is now availible to be downloaded from Virtual Console on the Nintendo Wii via the shop channel.

Urser

Fakemon Designer!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Yes! I really would love a new Pokemon Snap! It should definately have at LEAST 300 Pokemon. But nearly every single one would be good.

They could also add shinies for replay value!

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I wouldn't get it for the Wii, which I know I'm getting for Christmas, because I have it for N64, AND they didn't change anything about it except so it can be used on Wii I believe. We're in three more generations, and still there's only 63 pokemon available? I think they could have done great things with it, but didn't.

Maybe they're just reintroducing the game, and planning on something new later. Who knows?

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
    Years
  • I wouldn't get it for the Wii, which I know I'm getting for Christmas, because I have it for N64, AND they didn't change anything about it except so it can be used on Wii I believe. We're in three more generations, and still there's only 63 pokemon available? I think they could have done great things with it, but didn't.

Maybe they're just reintroducing the game, and planning on something new later. Who knows?

The point of virtual console isnt to upgrade the game, its to give people the chance to play it on the Wii instead of on the old console as many people dont have all of those consoles, and the patience to deal with the old consoles. Also I think that you can post your pictures on the Wii message boards.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2008
    Eh, you little whippersnappers and your Virtual Consoles. I play mine the old-fashioned way, on the 64. If you restart your game, it's a good way to blow a few hours.

As long as we're on the subject, what's the highest point total you've gotten on a single picture (That isn't Mew)? Myself, I've achieved around 4600 points from the Charmanders on the volcano level. But I think I could do better.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I agree! They should remake pokemon snap for the Wii, because its true, there are new pokemon out now, and they can make the game bigger and longer!

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
  • I remember snap being my favorite nintendo game! i was super young when i got it, so it took plenty of time to beat. ^_^

A Wii remake would be AMAZING!! I would totally buy a wii for it!

Back