• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    I'm sorry for my fangirlish enthusiasm. x)
    I just have this hate for Ash. I mean, geez, if it weren't for him, we'd probably have a PokéSpe anime by now.
    And he's uglay.
    Red's pretty. <3

EDIT: Yeah, Ruby would've probably won. :B

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    I'm just wondering but are we doing a 50 reasons why Red is better?
    Because that will end up just the way it does now. Bashing Ash. And that is pretty not a smart move... D: Plus it is against the rules.

I remember us doing a '100 reasons to love Red list' once. It was done in 24 hours, it is buried somewhere in all these over 500 pages... And it was way better then a why to hate Ash list.

King... Seriously... Without lol and stuff... IF I SEE ONE MORE POST OF YOU CONTAINING SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT SILVER I'LL THROW YOU OUT OF THE CLUB! AND BELIEVE ME I CAN! D< I mean it.

*mutters*

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    What do you think happened in the Dex Holder's BF tournament?
    Well, I remember the match up chart fo r the first round.

*spoilers for longness,*
    Spoiler:

*shot*

EDIT: *spoilers for the Emerald arc,....I guess.*
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
    I remember there where a few fanmade comics about that. XD Some of them are in French though...^^;
    Spoiler:

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Lol, I love it how Gold goes in there all happy and has no fans. xD Poor Gold.

I believe Red won. He is the best, after all.

Years

This! ↓ xD Nen apologizes for the sloppiness.
    Spoiler:

It's pretty much certain that Emerald beat whoever he was up against. Otherwise he wouldn't have earned the Tactics Symbol and he wouldn't have won his challenge. xD

In other random PokeSpe-related news, guess who bought the re-release of volume one today~? Nen's local bookstore FINALLY got it in, hallelujah. :'D I'm kinda impressed with VIZ, for the first time in my life. They even changed some of the translations. And yey for the Lavender Town chapter! One of my favorite parts in RGB. Poor Arbok.

Hopefully the re-released volume two will be just as good. Wao, Blue appears in the second volume already. o__o

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years

Spoiler:

It's pretty much certain that Emerald beat whoever he was up against. Otherwise he wouldn't have earned the Tactics Symbol and he wouldn't have won his challenge. xD

In other random PokeSpe-related news, guess who bought the re-release of volume one today~? Nen's local bookstore FINALLY got it in, hallelujah. :'D I'm kinda impressed with VIZ, for the first time in my life. They even changed some of the translations. And yey for the Lavender Town chapter! One of my favorite parts in RGB. Poor Arbok.

Hopefully the re-released volume two will be just as good. Wao, Blue appears in the second volume already. o__o

Cool~ You got the re-releases~ *high five*

..in the spoiler, that's exactly what I thought too. O:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

I'm confused--Where is there a crying Gold? WHERE!? O.O

The one where he's surrounded by his Pokemon. Looks like he's crying himself to sleep. o_O

That Dia pic was nice. And that last Gold pic is indeed epic, Valentine.

Man, what nice Wallace and Steven pictures. All the Origin shippers will go crazy. BinaryPeaches, I love your sig, by the way.

Do you like Viz's or Chaung Yi's translation better?

I favor Chuang Yi's, but I'm biasing that because I've never bothered reading Viz's, so my opinion doesn't count overall. :P

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I just bought the re-releases too! Although it was on...Thursday I think, I kept forgetting to say that, you reminded me.

Here is how I thought it would have gone:

Spoiler:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I'm agreeing with Nendoru and Chamo-chan about how the tournament went out :3 Oh, and I don't think its possible for me to get the re-releases over here ;; I'll just have to make do with Chuang Yi's version XD;

In other news, here's my entry for the summer one shot contest. Found right here in PC at the fanfic forum, chamo-chan gave me the 'go ahead' so I posted it here. Alternatively, if you're more accustomed to FF.net, here's a link. Of course, I didn't really put in effort to italise/center anything there. If you want the better one in PC, here's the link.

Persuasion

Mangaquest-centric with Specialjewel/Preciousmetal if you wish to squint :3 A few more days left till the deadline, I wish everyone participating/going to participate much luck.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Jeezum, I missed a lot.

For the tournament thing, I'm following chamo and Nene on this too. About the releases, I prefer Chuangyi at the moment, but I bought the Viz's re-releases so my opinion could change.

Oh, to anyone who's read the Loveless and is curious, I've come up with a crossover. Many shippings will be hinted there, so... Yes, I'm twisted for writing it, but I wanted to try.

Link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5207483/1/Nameless

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
    lolololol XD who can translate the comic?

If I think...

Round 1
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Round 2
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Round 3
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

LAST ROUUUUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spoiler:

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Oh, dear, I apologize for the Ash topic thing. I think I'm the one who started it, even if it was by accident. ^^;

RubyJB88 said:
    The one where he's surrounded by his Pokemon. Looks like he's crying himself to sleep. o_O
    In the manga? Or in those amazing anime like pictures on Pixiv?

And Mangaquestshipping yay~I shall read it, for sure. ^^

Hm, I once read someone's speculation online that I really liked. It went something like this:

Spoiler:
    In spoilers for teh longness. ^^;

I want HG/SS!! They had better show what happened in the tournament then. >3 I WANT IT NAOOW!! -shot-

Last edited:
    Years
    chamo-chan said:
    ..in the spoiler, that's exactly what I thought too. O:
    Sorry, Chamo, I didn't realize our ideas were exactly the same. xD; -hides under a rock- ...Well, great minds DO think alike.
    clover_bookcat said:
    I want HG/SS!! They had better show what happened in the tournament then. I WANT IT NAOOW!! -shot-
    Yes~! I wanna see a battle between Ruby and Green so badly! 8|
    But poor Yamamoto-sensei already has his hands full with the D/P and Platinum arc, so wouldn't it be pretty hard for him to start with the a new arc while doing two others at the same time? Only a superhuman mangaka with multiple arms could handle that much drawing... o__o

Gehhh, cute fan fic, Ibuberu. x3 Very cute, especially for something, um, MangaQuest-centric. >.>; Nen only read it for the slight PreciousMetal. She's good at squinting.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Wheee... finally got the first volume of the re-release of Pokemon Special. >> It makes me want to go back to trying to make quote icons, thanks to the following (which... I'm sure everyone has read so I'm safe without spoilers?)

Red: -sends out Pika-
    Misty: Is that a... Pikachu?
    Red: Ain't Mickey Mouse!

Yeah. :3 As for the whole Battle Frontier thing, I think Nen and Chamo said what I think happened. XD With Emerald winning against Red, I want to say that Red allowed him to win so he can get the last Symbol. But of course, that's just me and my Red fangirlism going 'it wouldn't lose unless there was a reason behind it. :O I doubt Emerald is stronger than him sooo...' -shot-

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    @ Masa: cool :3 I agree with you on the Battle thing. It isn't really fair though, that Red and Silver could proceed to the next round without having to battle...

And I find it weird as well that Red beat Emerald. Luck, I think...

@ Achamo: if you look many pages ago, I translated those comics

@ Val: Agree, no bashing here. Not with Silver, not with Ash, not with anyone :3

@ Winterfell: invalid link..

And further, I have nothing to add XD; -lame post-

Xashlei

Contest Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2009
    May I join? I've been reading Pokemon Special for some years now, though I don't exactly remember when I started. The arc was R/S, and it's also my favorite still. (I miss Wally. D8 ) Recently I've completed the G/S/C arc also, it's a sad conclusion but ended in a light, funny note.

Let me just say PokeSpe incarnates of the characters > Ash's series incarnates of the characters. They're just... too generic! Currently I'm obsessing over Spe!Falkner, Wally, and Ruby. Also I'm eyeing your club RP by ValentineUmbreon... I'll get in there someday. xD

Also again, hi Chamo. =D

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Hi Xashlei~Yes, I think you can join this asylum club. :D You already answered most of the questions (Yay for bein a Falkner and Ruby luver and a GSC fan! XD) but one more...Any fav ships?^^

Nendoru said:
    Yes~! I wanna see a battle between Ruby and Green so badly! 8|
    But poor Yamamoto-sensei already has his hands full with the D/P and Platinum arc, so wouldn't it be pretty hard for him to start with the a new arc while doing two others at the same time? Only a superhuman mangaka with multiple arms could handle that much drawing... o__o

Yeah, well, that doesn't stop me from wanting it. >.< That and the Johto trio. <33333333

Oh, and I read your fic, Ibuberu. I like it. ^^ But you know, my vote doesn't really count since I like anything that's Mangaquest. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back