• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
Years
  • Oh dear, I've been gone for so long. Sorry guys D:

Spoiler:

Yeah, I'm wondering why Sird and Jupiter got compared to one another. Is it cause they look alike?

EDIT: Thanks for telling me, Ezio! (: Hopefully, you might be able to see a very interesting fanart if you click here. Otherwise, please enjoy these other fanarts under the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Yup. Seen Photobucket's "bandwidth exceeded" image a lot.

Any way to get us the picture properly?

Not being mean, just making sure you do notice it.

No problem. Thanks for the link, but luckily it worked a day later in the spoilers:D

Last edited:
    Years
  • wow I haven't been on the forums in a really long time, how's everyone doing? :)

there's something I've been wondering for awhile. As we all know, manga characters are derived from the game protagonists, and they usually have anime counterparts as well. Usually the character wears the same clothes whether it's in the manga, game, or anime. For Sapphire/May's character she has 2 outfits, a different outfit for Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald version in the games, and the same clothes from the games are used in the anime. But for the manga, I keep seeing pictures where she is wearing a completely different (blue) outfit. Is the blue outfit a fan thing or did the artists really draw her with blue clothes?
    the scanlations I have are in black and white so I can't tell =P

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Yeah. Have you ever seen the cover scanlations? She's in blue, Ruby's in red, and in Emerald arc they're both in green.

@Ibuberu- The genderswap picture is my personal fave. Shame I can't post it, it's so awesome.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire get into their respective "Emerald" outfits by the end of the R/S arc. With the Emerald arc, it's only a color modification of red and blue, respectively.

Now when there'll be a R/S remake, expect a new redesign. Wonder how Ruby will look. XD

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire get into their respective "Emerald" outfits by the end of the R/S arc. With the Emerald arc, it's only a color modification of red and blue, respectively.

Now when there'll be a R/S remake, expect a new redesign. Wonder how Ruby will look. XD

I don't really get why the authors changed their outfits in the middle of the R/S arc for, but I guess it was mostly for showcasing the costume change.

lol if there is an R/S remake in Gen V, I'd imagine Ruby going off the wall. xD;; New outfits for Sapphire and himself.

Also, in somewhat related news, here are the release dates for the Viz translation of Pokemon Special.

June-Vol 7
    August-Vol 8
    October- Vol 9
    December- Vol 10.
    ;w;
    yay.

As much as Viz translations are kinda weird, ;w; I still love it. ;w;

Years
  • Awesome!!!

Which arc does that bring us to now?

Anyway....."behold!I am Amore! Returned from where none of you knew I had gone!"

I was reading the FireRed/LeafGreen Arc yesterday, and I noticed where Chuang Yi/Viz and their translating really screwed up.

You know how in the translation, Blue and Green's names got swapped?

Well, because of that, this happens:

-Blue and Red trade Charizard and Venusaur
    -It says "FireRed, and LeafGreen", referring to how Red has a fire pokemon, and "Green" has a leaf pokemon. However, it doesn't make sense, does it?

Yup, they messed up big time!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    hey i havent been on in a long time but im back i been getting adventures cant wait till the johto ones come out.

ValentineUmbreon

*nom-nom-nom*
    Years
  • Also, in somewhat related news, here are the release dates for the Viz translation of Pokemon Special.

June-Vol 7
    August-Vol 8
    October- Vol 9
    December- Vol 10.
    ;w;
    yay.

Ah. These Volumes are the end of the Yellow arc and the start of the GSC-arc. <3
    The really awesome battle between Yellow and Lance, and of course Lugia.
    Gold shows up and Silver is showing his awesome Ninja skills by stealing Totodile.
    And you guys can be happy that you have at least Viz who brings out the manga. Here in Germany it is not available at all. ;; Years ago the brought out the first three volumes and that's it.

TheViolentTomboy

I'll hit you with this thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    Guess what?

Spoiler:

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • *new info*

Well~ (other than the fact that it's been 2 weeks since the caption contest, I'll get to it soon I promise. ;;A:; )
    We have some new info for the HG/SS arc, but it's only relevant to Crystal fans~

*click the spoilers to see what becomes of Crystal*
    Spoiler:

EDIT:
    DANG.
    Violent Tomboy beat me to it.
    Oh wells.

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
  • Crys in HGSS arc? OMGNOWAI! Crys is awesome! (comes in second, with Silver and Blue tying in first)

Spoiler:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
  • I don't really get why the authors changed their outfits in the middle of the R/S arc for, but I guess it was mostly for showcasing the costume change.

lol if there is an R/S remake in Gen V, I'd imagine Ruby going off the wall. xD;; New outfits for Sapphire and himself.

Also, in somewhat related news, here are the release dates for the Viz translation of Pokemon Special.

June-Vol 7
    August-Vol 8
    October- Vol 9
    December- Vol 10.
    ;w;
    yay.

so Sapphire's blue outfit was part of the manga? wow I guess having black/white scanlations really makes a difference.
    You know, I've always been wondering why so many artists draw steven with red eyes in fanart when it's clearly blue in the anime, but then I looked at a colored page of the RS arc and apparently they were red in the manga xD

Guess what?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Spoiler:

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • thread for the interested (spoilers, duh): https://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=11263938

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Lol.

Spoiler:

Have any of you ever thought about what music would go well with PokeSpec?

Obviously, I think Muse goes with most of it, but, I have some other ideas (get the songs on We7).

30 Seconds to Mars - Vox Populi - the bit at the end of G/S/C when Bill sends that message out, then millions of trainers send billions of pokemon at Lugia and Ho-oh. And onwards, until that song would cut in with Pryce becoming nice again before dissapearing into time.

Moby - Why does my heart feel so bad? - In Fr/Lg arc, when Red's all upset, and has his emotional bit when he doesn't want to fight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back