• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special anime?

Would Pokemon Special make a good anime?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Pika-D

<(*ΦωΦ*)>
Years
  • My question is, "Would Pokemon Special make a good anime?"

I found a video on YouTube with the PokeSpe cast that, in my opinion, could make a good opening so I started this thread.

If you want to see the video, search this on YouTube:
    【手描きポケスペ】マ/イ/ソ/ロ/2【合作】 [HD]
    It should be the first one.

Personally, I think it would. The current anime is geared towards younger kids so many of us older fans are tired of it. I mean, it's mostly the same thing all the time. The only difference being the Pokemon and people.

With Pokemon Special being of a better quality and focused more towards older people, Pokemon could get more fans. That means more people would buy more merchandise and then the company would get more money.

Basically speaking, better quality means more fans and more fans means more money.

Years
  • I agree with you, Pika-D, that the Pokémon Special manga would make an interesting anime. While I love the current anime with Satoshi and Pikachu, sometimes I'd like to see something a little different, something fresh and the manga usually has that for me.

One of the things I love about the manga is how with each generation they focus on different characters, not just one character going though each region. Each character has their own personality, own tastes, strengths and weaknesses, and because of this each one feels different. I also enjoy how the battles in the manga can sometimes get a little more cruel then the current anime. It shows that not all battles are fare, or that things are always happy and care-free.

However, the only thing I would personally not want to see (if it did happen) is a simply adaptation of the manga into an anime. One thing that I sometimes have a hard time dealing with are those. There are many anime series out there I just couldn't get into because after six (6) or so episodes, they are following the manga to the letter with no alterations at all. I've already read the manga, I know the story. I want something a little different. I'm fine with keeping the main plot and idea of the manga, because it's an adaptation, but I also want something new, so possibly have the character(s) make different choices then the manga to see what would happen? Maybe slightly different plot twists? I'm not sure, but something. It doesn't have to be major.

Anyway, I may be the only one who thinks that way.

GibbyGibson

Pika-D

<(*ΦωΦ*)>
    Years
  • However, the only thing I would personally not want to see (if it did happen) is a simply adaptation of the manga into an anime.

I'm currently reading the manga but I'm not very far. I don't really what happens but I agree with you. I've seen a few animes that follow the manga to T and they've pretty much failed.

I'm fine with keeping the main plot and idea of the manga, because it's an adaptation, but I also want something new, so possibly have the character(s) make different choices then the manga to see what would happen? Maybe slightly different plot twists?

I like the idea of the characters making different choices. A couple of plot twists would be good, too. That way, it would stay interesting to people like yourself who have read the manga.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2013
    If you too want a Pokémon Special anime, take a look at my signature.

There's also a fan project going on that's trying to create a PokéSpe anime here: http://pokespeanime.forumotion.com/
    If you know anything about editing, animation, voice acting, dubbing and have other audio and video releated knowledges, you might be able to help.

Here's some fanmade PokéSpe intros and other stuff (that aren't releated to the project):

http://www.youtube.com/Andrex2311
    http://www.youtube.com/pokesupeHD2012
    http://www.youtube.com/pokesupeHD2011

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I so much want a PokéSpe animé :pink_frown: It'd be awesome ! The plot is way better that the current animé's, each of the characters have a great and unique personnality and storyline, and, it's not aimed at kids. There's tears, blood, and even deads. An animé every Pokéfan would dream of.
    However, I fear, my friends, that we can dream on. We'll have to do with Ash until the end of the show. Sorry, Red, Gold, Sapphire, everyone, but your place will remain on the paper.

Back