• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special Club! (returns!)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    lol... same with me anyway Lily ^^; Just looking up summaries, and currently none are really available besides SPP, who can have some confusing summaries at times. But confusing summaries are better than none at all?

Just have to hope for the end of the... O exams? Or whatever letter it is exams... Wait for them to end, and let Mistress Purin do some massive reading/typing up guides/updating =3

Of course, a better solution is to send all the series to Frosty as a christmas present, and he can promise you a detailed synopsis XD

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I read the SPP summaries. ^^ Spend an hour or so...

Oh no, I am not going to send you the Christmas present lest you give Lily her lollipop back. >)

She's still waiting, yeah. Sad, isn't it? XD

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    can i join, i have never read pokemon special but it looks great ^___^
    i have a few questions, i am new to pokemon special, i hope i can still join

1. where can i get it?
    2. why is may in it and where is ash, are hey even featured?
    3. tell me a bit about it please?

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    1. Japanese version: sausugabooks.com or Zapchu can hook you up
    2. In Special, May is Sapphire. Ash=Red. But in Special they have way different personalities than their anime counterparts
    3.its a manga based off the games mainly. the writers give the main trainers the names of each of the games. It follows the game storyline earlier on, then makes its own story for each adventure(you dont see badges collected by Gold or Crystal, Silver does though)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    No... none of the advanced generation characters met up with the characters from the other version yet. Emerald never made an appearance yet as well, technically... even though it's a very VERY high chance that he's going to be Wally ^^ But, let's say that we're 100% sure until we really do see it.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    oni flygon said:
    Some club members are so anti-Pokemon anime...so watch out >.>
    *loads shotgun*

oni flygon said:
    It's likely that Wally is Emerald. You forgot that some characters have REAL names besides their color nicknames.
    Hold on...I wanna list it.

Yellow = Yellow de Tokiwa Glove (J) / Yellow Caballero (E)
    Emerald = Wally

Err...who else? XD
    Here's what I might assume...
    Red Satoshi (being the anime-hater I am)
    Green Oak/Okido
    Blue (Eh...???)
    Gold (Gold Kenta?!)
    Silver (Eh..????)
    Crystal (Crys Marina? Sounds nice.)

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    wow, this is great, i hasd no idea pokemon was so widspread, not that im giving up on the animie, so is the manga a totally different aventure

Years
    Fixen said:
    *loads shotgun*

Hold on...I wanna list it.

Yellow = Yellow de Tokiwa Glove (J) / Yellow Caballero (E)
    Emerald = Wally

Err...who else? XD
    Green Oak/Okido
    Blue (Eh...???)
    Gold (Gold Kenta?!)
    Silver (Eh..????)

What a disgrace! You call yourself a Yellow Fan? XP

Yellow's English name is Amarillo Del Bosque Verde....

Yes...there are a lot of anti-Pokemon anime here...

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Ah yes...so that was what I forgot.

Amarillo Del Bosque Verde...I'm starting to forget this manga....*reads*

Yellow = Yellow de Tokiwa Glove (J) / Yellow Amarillo Del Bosque Verde (E)
    Emerald = Wally

Err...who else? XD
    Green Oak/Okido
    Blue (Eh...???)
    Gold (Gold Kenta?!)
    Silver (Eh..????)

Years
    Well, they have a lot of reasons.
    One is that the anime is the one that dirtied the name of Pokemon (thus everyone thinks that Pokemon is kiddy whilst Pokemon Special is actually for some slightly mature audiences)
    Second, the people who disliked the anime couldn't believe how people could be so amazed at an anime with a plot that's going in circles while the manga has a way better plot than it.
    Thirdly, they compare anime characters with manga characters. (Like what you just did). This is quite "blasphemous" for them...XD The manga characters are very unique and none of them don't have the same goal as Ash does. (Well, they used to but not to the extent of bragging it off to everyone)

There's a lot of things that people in this club don't like about the anime. Especially some things that they think that the anime has props for but what was actually manga-inspired. =D

Edit: I also forgot to tell you that once you take the manga's path, you don't just go into "a whole new adventure" of capturing Pokemon, training them, and battling gym leaders. You're also making quite sure that you're entering another world where reality eclipses fantasy and that it is sure that death is always in the corner. Sometimes, the heroes win...but then there're times when the villains win.

I made that sound so evil...XD

GOD.

life is great
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2005
    1. wow, i never realised pokemon was so badass, what makes the manga mature?

2. greens birthday? do the characters have birthdays?

Back