• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 'Stars' = sun/moon 2 = red/blue 2

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    I'm sorry, but it realy bothers me that people are calling it "star" the sun is a Star. It is better suited to be Eclipse or something. /end rant

But I feel like instead of a new game, it might be purchasable DLC, or at least some of it. I find it hard to believe Sun/Moon story arc is finished, as Lillie headed to Kanto there are still so many things left undone. Also the lack of a national dex leads me to believe that there will be an update once Pokémon Bank is running for Sun/Moon.

Eclipse would actually be a sick name... I rate that highly! Although I don't see paid DLC coming to Pokemon, I could be wrong - there must be a national dex coming, surely?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I'm sorry, but it realy bothers me that people are calling it "star" the sun is a Star. It is better suited to be Eclipse or something. /end rant

But I feel like instead of a new game, it might be purchasable DLC, or at least some of it. I find it hard to believe Sun/Moon story arc is finished, as Lillie headed to Kanto there are still so many things left undone. Also the lack of a national dex leads me to believe that there will be an update once Pokémon Bank is running for Sun/Moon.

I think "the Sun" is supposed to be the center of the planetary system, and "the Moon" is supposed to be the moon circulating around Earth. The stars are the faraway suns that are not a substantial light source nor are they a source of energy supporting life. Basically, the sun is referring to a specific star that supports a planetary system, as well as life on Earth (or whatever planet the pokeverse belongs to as opposed to the suns far away). Thus, "Stars" represent a very different conceptual idea that speaks to the idea of astrology and faraway solar systems.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but it realy bothers me that people are calling it "star" the sun is a Star. It is better suited to be Eclipse or something. /end rant

True haha. Star is just the codename, just like how Rainbow was the codename for Sun & Moon. It's more than likely it will be named something else, heck it could even be another pair of games. If it is just one game though then Eclipse would definitely suit best.

Back