• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Starterkit (Rmxp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Tdata. Since Blizzy is bizzy, can you answer this question. How do I prevent escaping from battles. Running away. This is basically the biggest thing that needs fixing for my game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    dan48 said:
    Tdata. Since Blizzy is bizzy, can you answer this question. How do I prevent escaping from battles. Running away. This is basically the biggest thing that needs fixing for my game.
    Just wait for her final version. You wont finish your game before 2006 anyways, and theres a chance Blizzy has released the new version by then...

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
    New2Ya said:
    Just wait for her final version. You wont finish your game before 2006 anyways, and theres a chance Blizzy has released the new version by then...
    i'm a "He" and not a "Her", lol:P
    i think i need to change name, *thinks of one*:P

anyway, i'm also thinking of buying the official version of rmxp.
    there wil be 1 thing, you can't open it cos of the software versions:\

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    if you do buy Rmxp will you at least release the last relese for the not purcheased version(the relesae you have been working on) i know it prolly wont be soon but please still release it i really dont care when as long as it get out....

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Blizzy. Do you know how to make it so that you cant escape from battles?

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    Dan48, Go and ask that in the frieken' help and requests thread already. I keep checking this forumn fo updates and the last four times I've checked and there's a new post it's you askin' that stupid question. Besides you're not even asking the question right. The way your wording it, all you have to do is take out that option.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    What are you talking about taking out that option. I need that option.

I even have abigger problem now. I cant move in the game, I can only face directions. Please help. This is a very big problem.

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    dan if you want to get anywhere in you game you should
    1 try and work it out for yourself
    or
    2 ask in the help and request thread
    because at one time on a lot of other form i was alot like you askin other people to do eveything for me and now im workin on my veryown pkmn mmorpg called pkmn world tourniment so and about and that was 2 weeks ago and 1 week before that i didn't even know how to code so just try and do somethings for your self and soon people will be asking you for help

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    I know. But I have just encounterewd a huge problem, and how are people going to be able to play if they cant move.

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    What does that have to do with the starter kit? Nothing. So go to the help forum.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    I am just a beginner. No need to go so hard on me. You'll see tomorrow, if you bother downloading it, how hard I worked on the demo. Maybe you'll know why I asked so many questions. Well, I am off to the help and request thread.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2005
    So far this kit has been great, but I have just one problem: the text appears to show up as completely white for some reason. I know some RGSS, but I can't seem to figure out the problem. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Pokemon Starterkit (Rmxp)

In Window_Base
    Line 42 needs to be:return Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255)
    Line 65 needs to be: return Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255)

Hope that helps.........

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2005
    Thanks for the help, but the code already looks like that. In fact, I did some messing around and the text doesn't show up for any color. I'm thinking it is just always reverting to white, but I can't figure out why. Could it be something to do with the font itself? I downloaded a demo of another game and it didn't show up.

EDIT: I must be something to do with the actual font. I tried others, and they worked fine. Does anyone know why the font might not have worked?

EDIT2: I figured out the problem, but not a solution. For some reason it can't find the font, so obviously can't put it on the screen. Does anyone know why this could have happened? I did save the whole thing in a different directory, but the font is in the same one as it is...

EDIT3: Maybe actually installing the font would help... *sigh* Yeah, that was the only problem.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    How do I make it so that you cant escape from battles. In the enemy encounter box nothing was checked in and I can still run away. How do I make it so that you actually have to check something in to allow escaping. I think Blizzy would know this, since he coded it.

Blizzy

Years
    Jacks Knight said:
    Thanks for the help, but the code already looks like that. In fact, I did some messing around and the text doesn't show up for any color. I'm thinking it is just always reverting to white, but I can't figure out why. Could it be something to do with the font itself? I downloaded a demo of another game and it didn't show up.

EDIT: I must be something to do with the actual font. I tried others, and they worked fine. Does anyone know why the font might not have worked?

EDIT2: I figured out the problem, but not a solution. For some reason it can't find the font, so obviously can't put it on the screen. Does anyone know why this could have happened? I did save the whole thing in a different directory, but the font is in the same one as it is...

EDIT3: Maybe actually installing the font would help... *sigh* Yeah, that was the only problem.
    the font should be pasted in c/windows/fonts
    dan48 said:
    How do I make it so that you cant escape from battles. In the enemy encounter box nothing was checked in and I can still run away. How do I make it so that you actually have to check something in to allow escaping. I think Blizzy would know this, since he coded it.
    very easy, in Scene_Battle you need to check if the actor can escape by doing:
    Code:
    if $game_temp.battle_can_escape != true
    # what happens if you can't run
    else
    # opposite here
    end

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    wow this is a very nice starterkit. I cant wait for more the next demo.

I have one question though. well i want to name the rival using this demo. After i enter the hero's name... i go on with the rival's name but when i enter the rivals name... it actually changes the hero's name. How can i fix this so it will give a seperate name for the rival?

Blizzy

Years
    yukapuka said:
    wow this is a very nice starterkit. I cant wait for more the next demo.

I have one question though. well i want to name the rival using this demo. After i enter the hero's name... i go on with the rival's name but when i enter the rivals name... it actually changes the hero's name. How can i fix this so it will give a seperate name for the rival?
    i haven't fixed this, yet.
    thanks for finding that bug.
    replace this to fix it (i hope it works)
    Code:
        if Input.getkey(13)
          if @text.size == 0
            $game_system.se_play($data_system.buzzer_se)
          else
            if $game_temp.name_actor_id != 0
              @actor = $game_actors[$game_temp.name_actor_id]
              @actor.name = @text.to_s
            else
              $pkmn.trainername = @text.to_s
              $game_variables[1] = @text.to_s
              $game_variables[2] = $game_party.actors[0].name
            end
            $scene = Scene_Map.new
          end
        end
    in Name_Input

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Thanks Blizzy. Where do I put that code though?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back