• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Pokemon status menu palette

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I am attempting to change the palette colors of the Pokemon status menu. So far, it is going smoothly, but I have hit a snag.

Pokemon status menu palette

The background pattern with the alternating colored lines has something odd going on. When I open up palette viewer for one of the colors, it shows the color value is 0x52A9. So I open up my hex editor and look for "A9 52".

I have used a hex editor to change every instance of that value in the entire rom, and yet upon opening the rom, the color remains the same. The second color however, 0x4627, can be changed and shows up in-game without issue.

If anyone has any idea where I am going wrong, I would appreciate it!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    I am attempting to change the palette colors of the Pokemon status menu. So far, it is going smoothly, but I have hit a snag.

The background pattern with the alternating colored lines has something odd going on. When I open up palette viewer for one of the colors, it shows the color value is 0x52A9. So I open up my hex editor and look for "A9 52".

I have used a hex editor to change every instance of that value in the entire rom, and yet upon opening the rom, the color remains the same. The second color however, 0x4627, can be changed and shows up in-game without issue.

If anyone has any idea where I am going wrong, I would appreciate it!

Take note of the offset you found 0x4627. Whatever value is next to it should be the value for "0x52A9". :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Take note of the offset you found 0x4627. Whatever value is next to it should be the value for "0x52A9". :/

The offset is at 0xE9C3E0. Only one with the value "A9 52 27 46" in the rom. Changing the value doesn't affect the in-game colour, however.

Back