• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the Official thread of Skeetendo's newest hack, Pokemon Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi.

(Information)

HACK NAME:
    Pokemon Sterling Silver: Cry of Celebi

HACK OF:
    Pokemon Silver

COMPLETION LEVEL:
    Demo (Through Ecruteak)

WHAT'S NEW:
    Basically everything.
    New Main Charachter
    New Starter
    New Storyline
    New Features
    New Pokemon and RSE/DP Pokemon
    New GFX in places
    New Region
    New Team
    New Places to explore in Johto
    New (added, not jsut changed) in-game trades

NEW FEATURES:
    The game features several new and/or returnign features, some of which will be listed here:
    Pokemobile, the Mobile Adapter from Japanese Crystal is now an integral in-game item
    Skeetendo Mall Events, in-game versions of those pesky Nintendo Mall Events no one got to go to and made people mad.
    PCC, the return of the PCC from Crystal, complete with working mobile room, allowing trades and battles with trainers from other regions
    Practice Battle Machines, you will have to play to find out
    Buying Elemental Stones, one of the thigns I hated in GSC was you couldnt buy the stones anymore. We took care of that ;)
    Much, Much, more!

STORY:
    The game starts out in Johto, 3 years after GSC. Team Rocket has been disbanded for good, and mostly things are as they should be, until you hit the new region, Latio, where you meet up with TEAM ENIGMA who is in search of the lost technology of the Ancients, who give you trouble along the way in their search for it. Every major event has been rescripted partially if not completely (in most cases completely) so the main and side quests are all different. Also, be sure to be on the lookout for various cameo appearances, ranging everywhere from Staff members of Skeetendo to Sir Percival Blakey from the Scarlet Pimpernell.

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:

Download Now!
    Download from our website, www.skeetendo.com

Mirrors:
    https://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=97971

https://www.mediafire.com/?3qidyz2ymjy

Atatchment:
    The attatched file is a Bug Fixed IPS you should use. It should fix all known bugs from the last demo. Remember to patch to a clean Silver Rom.

Last edited:

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    @ Don Patch- Well, the only real difference with the PCC is that the sign is a bit smaller becasue we didnt have room for all the tiles to have that sign so we modded it abit, and it has plain yellow instead of having the stripe at the top, again becasue we were pressed for space as we havent yet applied a tile hack we may apply later which will solve any possible problems with tileset size we could imagine, thanks to Hyper Hacker, but that is off topic.

On the Pounds Sterlign issue, well for one we wanted to change the currency and couldnt decide what to make it (We had also considered Yenn but we decided on pounds Sterling for 2 reasons, neither of them very serious: 1) It was a bit of a joke as it is "Sterling Silver" and 2) I jsut got bored and wanted to see if I could make a good Pound symbol, to be honest with you^^

Glad you all are enjoying it! Please keep posting and commenting, and feel free to point out any bugs if you find them, so they can be corrected in the next demo. Thank you!

BlueSonic

Banned
    Years
    Ok, I just can't get the ROM to load, just a blank white screen. Somethings up with it, but i did patch it to a gold rom.

EDIT: Forget it, it's my eyesight messing up again. I know it's Silver >_>

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    You have to use a clean rom.Google it.USE A SIVER ROM!It says its a hack of silver!

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Heheh sounds cool cant wait to see it finshed

Years
    This hack is really good and I'm having a lot of fun playing it. I'll admit, the Celebi factor hooked me. ;P

I did, however, notice a few little things could be fixed up:
    * When walking north of Cherrygrove, the fossil guy vanishes after three steps up, even though he should still be in view.

* When Bug Catcher Don challenges you, he yells "Hey a Trainer!" - trainer doesn't need to be capitalized, and I flipped by it too quickly, but it looked like "your really strong" (should be "you're really strong") after he lost.

* The non-battling trainer that says, "How come your not battling? Everyone else is!" Same mix-up as mentioned above with your and you're.

* The trainer with blue hair north of the trainer mentioned above (I'm not a trainer, so I'm just walkin around cause I'm really bored...) - walking either needs a g or an apostrophe.

* When battling certain pokémon, their sprites are slightly cut off. Zigzagoon are examples of this.

* I'm noticing a number more spelling and grammar errors, so I'll just recommend you re-look over the character lines, since it'd be a more productive use of time than me listing all the errors and you fixing them by my list.

* The Rhydon sprite in the abandoned magnet station flips between one for fairy pokémon and the one you'd expect. Kinda entertaining to watch. *shot*

I hope I'm not coming off as rude with the spelling stuff, I just don't want such a nice remake ruined by it. Keep up the awesome work; I'm looking forward to playing this through!

Edit: pencilbuddy, you don't play rar files, you extract them using winrar (much like zip files and winzip).

Last edited:

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Okay, thank you for noticing the text problemswe missed. They will be reviewed and corrected asap. As for the fossil guy, we will jsut have to move him slightly, as the reason he dissapears is becasue the game un-draws events when you walk onto a new one but we can try to move him so he is in view. and also, Zigzagoon shall be fixed as well. Thanks for the bug fixes, they only help us make it better^^ so yal dont be shy and let us know (another bug we are already aware of is the trainers in the well still say their old team rocket text when you beatthem when they are now actually jsut normal trainers. This is being fixed already) Glad you all are enjoying it, and again please do not hesitate to point out bugs you spot! Thanks again!

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    I started playing the hack and its very good so far, but I've encountered a few problems.

Firstly, the items in the simulation lab keep on regenerating.
    Seconly, the steps to ecncounter pokemon in ilex forest seem to be annoyingly set to like every four steps or so.
    And finally, after getting back up to violet city after azelea town, I went back down past ruins of aplh using cut and encountered a pokemon that froze the game and lost my save file, which is of course very annoying.

Apart from this tho very good, hack I love the pokemobile idea.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Okay, we will take a look at the items in the practice lab, I prolly forgot to give those item balls a switch to turn on, should be easily fixed.

Also Ilex shall be fixed as well. Ill have to play to find out what is happening with the pokemon that glitches the game though. Can you be a bit more specific about what happened, exactly? what you were doing where you encountered it, how you encountered it, that sort of thing.

Tree

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2007
    1.) the game looks gr8
    2.) maybe new tiles to make it a little bit more unique ~~~

keep it up.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    Hmm...Thanks..but uhh...Liquinn (Tree) why do you say that in every thread for a hack we make? (On other forums to) We don't need new tiles if we don't want any, and if we are going to add new tiles you will see them in the hack...so please...stop asking and saying the same things...

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    All I did was I was in Violet City with cut went back down past ruins of alph near that guy who normally gives TM05 Roar and I encountered a wild pokemon and the screen wetn black made a weird noise and the pokemon encounter didnt load.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    H,, Ill look into that. Reminds me of a similar problem ive encountered in the past where it had basically the same result only it was when you attempted to battle a rocket female. Ill have to look into it.

If all goes as planned, a Bug-Fixed version of this demo will be out by sunday, where instead of moving on we will jsut take and fix these bugs you have pointed out and release that so it can be enjoyed properly while we continue on toward the next demo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back