• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Cheat Protection Discussion

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    We should estimate how good the security is going to be for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon before Datel releases the Action Replay for those games. If Datel can hack Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon, there will be people offering hacked Pokemons and some of them can be illegal. Illegal Pokemons is not against the law but it's banned from competitive battles. Would it be stronger than Pokemon X and Y or not?

Would Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon be cheat-proof or not?

kij

the kij
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I don't really think so...
    Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were Randomised and even Hardened hacked versions of them were made.
    Unless the games will require Wi-Fi to play, which probably won't ever happen, it'll never be hack proof.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There will be an exploit people will find, eventually. It does seem like they're becoming progressively harder to crack but there will always be some method that will find a breach in the coding to allow for cheating.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • There's always gonna be cheating in Pokemon games, that's for sure. However, Game Freak is making it so much more unnecessary to cheat. I admit, I used to hack in Pokemon for competitive battling purposes, all of them in 5th Gen, and with 6th gen I would breed most of my Pokemon legit, but edit my legendaries to have max IVs and a good nature, and i gave some of them shininess with them too.
    With the inclusion of Hyper Training, there is LITERALLY NO REASON TO CHEAT ANYMORE. In fact, it's more tedious to hack than it is to train legit battle ready Pokemon! Sure you gotta breed/soft reset for natures, but other than that you don't have to worry about those pesky IVs anymore. Have 30 Speed IVs on your Mewtwo? No worries, bust a cap and you got 31! Ready to fight the big ones. I've started deleting my hacked mons, and I'll start fresh and clean with 7th gen and start shiny breeding as well! Cheating no longer puts those people on a higher level than legit players (except for shines.... but what are you gonna do? ugh).

Back