• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Almost all games were Red ans blue..

1. Red and Blue --> obviously
    2. Gold and Silver --> we can extend the color gold to somewhat red and silver to somewhat blue...
    3. Ruby and Sapphire --> Red and blue
    4. Diamond and pearl --> Kinda pink-y and blue
    5. Black and white --> ... the exception
    6. Y and X --> Still red and blue

The new logo are red and blue, but that doesn't men anything for me... They can be linked, like they can be all new region.
    Reshiram glows red while Zekrom glows blue. Black 2 has blue on it's logo, and White 2 has red on it's logo. I kind of wished they had used red and green instead.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm going into this with a pretty open mind but if a game called "Pokemon Sun" doesn't have areas where the weather is Sunny Day (like rainy areas, snowy, etc.) I'm gonna be so mad. So mad. Just give me a route where I can eternally hang out with a Sunny Cherrim, is that so much to ask???

Tbh a heavy darkness for nighttime while we're at it could be kinda cool, too.

eevee-4-ever

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • What I'm hoping for is since they showed all the past games, that maybe that means we will be able to travel to all regions. I would also love character customization to come back from x and y. Maybe even new Pokemon. Just found out about this today and I am very very excited!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    The trainers look idk how to put it more legit but at the same time pop up book style. Maybe it is is just the one shot and it will look different in a video.

Years
  • What I'm hoping for is since they showed all the past games, that maybe that means we will be able to travel to all regions. I would also love character customization to come back from x and y. Maybe even new Pokemon. Just found out about this today and I am very very excited!
    They also showed all the past initial pairs along with some third versions and remakes for XY's Direct, so it likely doesn't mean much by itself. What does interest me is what was said in the announcement trailer about it all "coming together".

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Ok I have one wish, and It really shouldn't be hard to fufill. AN ICE TYPE EARLY IN THE GAME. Preferably before the third gym.

This.

Is it too much to ask to have a snowy area appear in the first half of the game? (like before the 4th gym) I pretty much never use ice types in my main teams because I've long settled on my team by the time they start showing up.

It probably is too much to ask considering this new region looks tropical but whatever...

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
  • Of course, customization, and more of it.

And, this a massive stretch, but I hope for the post-game to be like Gen 2 where you get to re-explore the last region that game took place, or maybe, just to revisit Kanto in the game instead,

but considering how Yellow/Blue/Red are going to the VC, that more than likely isn't going to happen, but I just really loved having a multi region game so much.

Years
  • Don't forget Mareep and Pikachu in some other games as well. Even Electrike in Hoenn is a close one, since it can be obtained just a little bit after 2nd Gym which I still consider "early".
    I forgot about Mareep. Pikachu is rare to find so I didn't count it (at least in the Kanto games). I'm usually done with my team prior to the third gym.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I'm not sure if I want more megas or if i want them to cut on the amount of megas they give Pokemon. Probably 3 new megas or even 2. I just don't want megas to completely ruin how battles work. Give Megas to Pokemon that need it. That normal don't do so good in battle.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I'm not sure if I want more megas or if i want them to cut on the amount of megas they give Pokemon. Probably 3 new megas or even 2. I just don't want megas to completely ruin how battles work. Give Megas to Pokemon that need it. That normal don't do so good in battle.

I love seeing new Megas but I agree they should be giving them to weaker Pokémon that could use them. I'd be okay with maybe two or three mega evolutions for some of the more popular Pokémon, though.

I'd also like to see Keldeo get Ice Beam :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2018
    One of my main hopes for the new games is an optional difficulty level (i.e. Black and White 2). I've seen lots of great ideas already in this thread, and agree with pretty much all of them. It would be great to be challenged by a Pokemon game, or at least have the option to be.

Years
  • You know, looking at the 3D rendering this game is likely going to have being more advanced than 6th Gen, I'm hoping the Pokemon models actually have effort put into the colour. 6th Gen was impressive with the cel-shaded models but the colours were kinda off, being more closer to the Sugimori art as opposed to most previous-generation sprites, so I'm hoping they colour them more like the 3rd-5th Gen sprites.

Years
  • I think seasons and season exclusive forms of some Pokemon were really cool and I would love to see them return. Also I loved the islands style post-game of FRLG and think that would be really cool to have again. The suggestions of the region this game is based in being linked to Kalos similar to the way Kanto and Johto are is realistic (due to the train station in Couriway Town) and would be really cool.

Back