• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Small Update:

According to the CoroCoro Magazine it looks like we are getting information on the special features in Pokemon Sun and Moon. The next magazine comes out on April 15th. Guess Sun and Moon won't be much of a drought when it comes to information about the new games?

corocoro4165th.jpg

Years
  • My hope would to not allow moves that aren't status moves to status or flinch players. It's really unfair, and can give the less skilled opponent or player who played worse to win

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    This year im 30 years old an im playing the pkmn series since the beginning(red/blue/yellow).I completed every title except for Black and White 1.Imo i concider my self as first generation player and i think that these titles will be our last since we past 30's after this.So to get exactly to the point my basic hopes are:
    1)As always since gold-silver in evrry generation i hope for a post league region or a multiregion game.I hope after all these dissapointments all these years,this time GF will make a come back with a dual-region or something similar.
    2)My other hope and my personal most critical after ORAS is a slight renovation of the battle system.I know the ideal would be a real time system like anime but it seems impossible to programm so much moves and animations for 700+ mons.But the last two years im playing in mobile app Summoners War and i find its battle system very interesting.It is basicly turned based but with attack charge gauge that determins when your attack-turn will start.I think it is the closest system to a turned based system that will give battles a real-time essence and make the speed stat more important.It will also IMO balance the game since foe example a very fast but weak mon will have the chance to make even two consecutive attacks before it gets hit and knocked down.I csnt see the point if your mon has 200 speed and the enemy has 100 and the scenario is:your attack,enemy attack pkmn fainted.The speed stat looses its meaning of variety. I mean it was somethibg satisfying back in 99 but now in 2016 a new breath is needed.I see the current battle mechanic the main reason that the games have still so short gametime life and why online battles are so onedimensioned and so low variety in teams composition and pokemon and movesets variety.The wifi feature gave great possibilities for trading and PvP.I played in XY some ranked matches and some unranked.i dont conseder myself a competitive player cause i dont have the time to be,altough my win ratio was close to my defeat.But the fact that made the battles boring was the current battle system that makes the game more like Chess.In the unranked matches i had more fun even when loosing beacuse people used more variable teams and pokemon that you would never see in ranked matches because of the battle system.After some battles in ranked every team you see has skarmory,rottom and a variety of 5-6 mons.

Last edited:

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • This year im 30 years old an im playing the pkmn series since the beginning(red/blue/yellow).I completed every title except for Black and White 1.Imo i concider my self as first generation player and i think that these titles will be our last since we past 30's after this.So to get exactly to the point my basic hopes are:
    1)As always since gold-silver in evrry generation i hope for a post league region or a multiregion game.I hope after all these dissapointments all these years,this time GF will make a come back with a dual-region or something similar.
    2)My other hope and my personal most critical after ORAS is a slight renovation of the battle system.I know the ideal would be a real time system like anime but it seems impossible to programm so much moves and animations for 700+ mons.But the last two years im playing in mobile app Summoners War and i find its battle system very interesting.It is basicly turned based but with attack charge gauge that determins when your attack-turn will start.I think it is the closest system to a turned based system that will give battles a real-time essence and make the speed stat more important.It will also IMO balance the game since foe example a very fast but weak mon will have the chance to make even two consecutive attacks before it gets hit and knocked down.I csnt see the point if your mon has 200 speed and the enemy has 100 and the scenario is:your attack,enemy attack pkmn fainted.The speed stat looses its meaning of variety. I mean it was somethibg satisfying back in 99 but now in 2016 a new breath is needed.I see the current battle mechanic the main reason that the games have still so short gametime life and why online battles are so onedimensioned and so low variety in teams composition and pokemon and movesets variety.The wifi feature gave great possibilities for trading and PvP.I played in XY some ranked matches and some unranked.i dont conseder myself a competitive player cause i dont have the time to be,altough my win ratio was close to my defeat.But the fact that made the battles boring was the current battle system that makes the game more like Chess.In the unranked matches i had more fun even when loosing beacuse people used more variable teams and pokemon that you would never see in ranked matches because of the battle system.After some battles in ranked every team you see has skarmory,rottom and a variety of 5-6 mons.

What you are discribing is the same as what final fantasy does since ff4 and it is an old system that has existed for a long time.
    There is a fanmade pokémon game out there that uses this system and uses gen 2 graphics. The thing is stats and moves would have to change a lot because faster pokémon would be too OP. I know you want to defend weak but fast pokémon, but the most OP pokémon are already very fast pokémon and this would destroy the game even more. Dragon dancers would be almost impossible to stop and slow but high defence walls would lose their purpose because they would get detroyed before they could even do their moves.

The only thing I think that should get tweaked a bit is priority damaging moves. It is stupid that a lvl 1 ratata with quick attack could outspeed a lvl 100 +6 speed + max speed iv/ev + benificial speed nature speed forme deoxys.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • What I would like to have changed are those damn HM moves which you're required to teach to progress through the story. Either, you waste a substandard move on one of your party Pokemon, or you have to find an HM slave which is tedious and cruel to Pokemon too (yeah, I believe electronic creatures have feelings too) I admit that Surf is a decent move, but HMs like Rock Smash and Cut are really annoying to teach.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    What you are discribing is the same as what final fantasy does since ff4 and it is an old system that has existed for a long time.
    There is a fanmade pokémon game out there that uses this system and uses gen 2 graphics. The thing is stats and moves would have to change a lot because faster pokémon would be too OP. I know you want to defend weak but fast pokémon, but the most OP pokémon are already very fast pokémon and this would destroy the game even more. Dragon dancers would be almost impossible to stop and slow but high defence walls would lose their purpose because they would get detroyed before they could even do their moves.

The only thing I think that should get tweaked a bit is priority damaging moves. It is stupid that a lvl 1 ratata with quick attack could outspeed a lvl 100 +6 speed + max speed iv/ev + benificial speed nature speed forme deoxys.

I agree with you that there is danger of OPing fast monsters.My post was already too long and i tried to just give a short example.So i will try to make a conclusion in my hope.

First of all i am not a programmer so i dont know the exact solution,i just believe that a Summoner War style or FF or Crono trigger real time batle system or whaterver uses attack gauge should give a brand new breath.I have seen that more of the 70% of the pokemon community is so hardcore conservative to the current battle meta.The proof of this is that if you google "pokemon battle system change" you will find at maximum 10 articles in the last 5 years.I see that the community is affraid of critical changes and the main hopes are if there will be new starters or new region or contests or 8 badges system.All these are beautifull details but the main point should be the gameplay which is untouchable by most fans.
    Secondly there are mechanics that can balance OP issues, like cooldown or use of stamina or a formula that calculates for example: Pokemon weight,speed stat,move priority,pkmn lvl etc.si in that case a LVL 1 rattata would need more time to prepare a Quick Attack on a LvL 100 deoxys or even snorlax.
    Just to make my self clear i dont have a complete proposal for the gameplay.Just share some ideas from other games.My central point is if we want as a gaming community a new feel to our beloved game.Speaking for me personally i dont have problem.As i told before im too old by now and if the title stays stick to the 1999 concept and doesnt grow up a little in gameplay terms it will be probably the last pokemon game for me cause after 17 years im tired of this push A,wait,push A wait system.After alla these hardware and software upgrades it is too oldscholl and unrealistic in comparison to the mang /anime spirit that a monster is attacking and an ohter one is just staying there and takes the hit without dodgin-evading or defending itself.It is much more like chess.An other reliable battlesystem for pkmn IMO always, would be the Dragonball Xenoverse system that has the standard scriptted attacks but has alos some manual manuvers or moves or ultimate attacks that can be missed or require a skillshot or even a little skill to execute it.
    It was fun in the Gameboy console but today in 2016 and the only change is the fancy 3D models.That is not a drastic change an evolution,it is just a nice outfit with the same content.
    It was shame for me that even in ORAS i am in DELTA EPISODE i have a perfectly EV trained team but the game unfortunatelly does not attract me to keep playing.It is the first time i give up on a pokemon title before completing the story.

P.S. To give you a little bit more info about my profile i have bought Nintendo 3DS only to play heartGold and soulsilver because of the postgame Kanto visit and Pokemon Black and White 2 because of the Pkmn World Tournament whichh were amazing features.After i bought XY for the 3d battles and ORAS for nostalgia.But i played OR until Delta Episode and AS is still unboxed in my case...I dont blame my beloved rpg game but it seems that it reached its peak its maximum potential.It is time to get it to the next level if we want to see the Dream of every pokemon gamer some day.A multi-region MMO-RPG game like WoW someday.

P.S.2:The 1000% sure thing is that i will give a try to the S/M cause of the hype and if i see after Elite Four, that it has not at least another region this will be the last stand of pokemon for me.I am tired of all these disappointments in every title since Ruby/Saphire when i was waiting to defeat the Elite Four and i realised that there is nothing imporstant to do after this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    The idea of dressing up Pokemon would be a pretty cool idea. It would personalize not only your own pokemon but battles as well. I wouldn't mind adding a scarf to my Dragonite for example.
    I do like this idea but I don't see it being super feasible unless it's a feature that only a few select Pokemon have. You'd have to go through every single Pokemon model and determine where the accessory would go and how big it is and make sure that it animates properly. With over 800 models that'd be a lot of work ^^;

Years
  • Oh, another thing I would like would be battle arenas. Don't get me wrong, I loke the blue one we have now, but I'd like to see something different Inc in a while. They allow us to select Music, so why not a Battle Arena?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I found the new battle arenas to be appropriate for where it was. In game we get many colorful combat areas cause it matches the current location, but when we battled one another, this was done digitally and not in any specific area. So it's kinda a cyberspace arena.

Allowing us to choose from the existing models would be cool though.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • I really liked the PokeWalker. I would like a future app that allows me to interact with whatever Pokemon(s) on the go.

Years
  • I found the new battle arenas to be appropriate for where it was. In game we get many colorful combat areas cause it matches the current location, but when we battled one another, this was done digitally and not in any specific area. So it's kinda a cyberspace arena.

Allowing us to choose from the existing models would be cool though.

Looking at what you're saying, it does make sense with the battle scenes mostly being based on location. It was a nice step-up that 6th Gen gave us, so hopefully 7th Gen will improve further on it.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • What changes do you want to see to Pokemon Sun & Moon?

Personally, I'd like to see the following:

1. No more HM's. Since TM's are infinite now, there's no reason for HM's to be permanent. Move Deleter is dumb.

2. No more EXP. Share. The idea is very good, but it was executed terribly in Generation 6. I'd rather they not ruin Generation 7, or at least balance the EXP share.

3. Level cap? For about 20 years now, we've been limited to level 100. I would suggest an increase to 150 or 200. This would severely change the competitive gameplay (even though it's all RNG) but it would make for more interesting battles. Of course everything would have to be scaled as well, but having to fight the E4 with level ~50 pokemon doesn't feel epic.

4. Less Legendaries, much rarer like Latios/Latias. I don't want to be able to find Legendaries in dank caves or underground labs just because I have an HM. I want finding Legendaries to be a big deal, like it was In Gen 2 & 3. I also don't want there to be a trio of them like those dumb Regis or Dogs. Maybe limit it to 1 or 2 per game, so it feels like it's actually rare.

5. Lastly, I want to see more than 8 Gyms. Since when has anyone cared about the story in Pokemon? All I see talk of is breeding, competitive and gameplay. No one cares about the dumb story, give me 16 Gyms like Generation 2 did (which is why i loved it so much) and make them all challenging. None of this 3-pokemon crap, every Gym Leader in my opinion should have 6. Done and Done.

Anyway, that's all i want to see in Generation 7. I doubt Gamefreak will capitalize on any of that, but until they do, Pokemon is still going to the Kids even though the majority of people that play are Adults.

Last edited:

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Exp. Share should be modified. I would love the idea of being able to select what PKMN get the experience.

Mobile PC access would be cool too.

Scrap HM and convert the necessary moves into items that the trainer could use. For example, The idea of a flashlight would be nice. The trainer should be able to swim on his/her own. Why use rock smash? Get yourself a hammer and a chisel, We did it in D/P/P lol Cut? Take out that Axe.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • - I'm hoping that they bring back character customization. That was easily my favorite feature in X/Y, it really added a personal touch to the gaming experience and I think it adds diversity that everybody can enjoy. If it doesn't return for S/M though, I don't think I'll be too upset about it.

- More explorable areas and less of a straight-forward route.

- To make all demographics happy, put a difficulty setting at the start of the game for you to set yourself.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If Exp. Share gets modified they should make the percentage shared depend on how many mons there are. If you pick one they get 50%,2 every 33%, 4 get's 20% of the single battler, and so on. It'll make it a bit more difficult to level up mons but not too much.

Years
  • If Exp. Share gets modified they should make the percentage shared depend on how many mons there are. If you pick one they get 50%,2 every 33%, 4 get's 20% of the single battler, and so on. It'll make it a bit more difficult to level up mons but not too much.

I do see what you mean. 6th Gen was heavily criticized for how it handled the Exp. Share so maybe modifying it to be able to choose which Pokemon it affects and how much they gain might help please those who want more difficulty, as well as those who spend time grinding.

Back