• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Theory - Alolan Marowak's Evolution

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Here is a crazy theory! What if to evolve a cubone into an Alolan Marowack you have to have a Palossand in your party. What if your cubone has to faint at lv. 28 in battle to evolve? Palossand's Pokedex entry says:

"Palossand loves the vitality of Pokémon and drags small Pokémon into its body so it can steal their life force. Its sandy vortex swallows them up in a heartbeat! Pokémon dragged into Palossand leave traces of their ill will behind."

If a Palossand grabs cubone and steals its lifeforce then maybe an Alolan Marow created, which explains the Ghost typing. This isn't Farfetch'd because Pokemon has been known to give us wacky Pokemon evolutions such as feebas evolving through max beauty, or inkay evolving by turning your DS upside down. I know this theory is a little out there so I'd like to hear your thoughts. How do you think we'll be able to obtain an Alolan Marowak?

Full Theory: https://goo.gl/sJ2VUy
    Palossand Pokedex Entry: https://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/pokemon.shtml
    Alolan Marowak Information: https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-marowak/

Years
    That would be kinda odd if you ask me, especially the fainting requirement. Speaking of which, I recall that there was a rumor from a few months back that mentioned an evolution method that involved fainting, although the leak containing that was since debunked.

I am still excited to see more new evolution methods though, considering some unusual ones we've had in recent generations.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    That is quite a limb you are out on.
    I think that the idea for that kind of an evolution is just way to complex and incredibly specific. I will admit I have seen some pretty weird ways for obtaining certain pokemon (This thread immediately made me think of the requirement of having Relicanth on your team in order to acquire the Regi's back in R/S/E.), but I also know that GF has purposely shunned certain in game events due to their worry over the complexity of the event (Arceus's official release event never occurred in D/P because they thought the puzzle required to acquire the Legendary was too hard for younger children).

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    a more playable theory would be that the marowak ghost from the gen 1 games was died and became an aloan form marowak

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
    Years
    My understanding of Alolan forme pokemon was that they are that way to adapt to their environments, this is a pretty cool concept though and I do remember hearing something about faint-evolving method but again this is probably a shot in the dark :(

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I don't understand how a ghost can die again and become another ghost?
    to become a ghost, one dies & cast off their old body...
    so it's just like peeling an onion 1 layer at a time.
    Pokemon Sun and Moon Theory - Alolan Marowak's Evolution

Years
    Everything Cubone and Marowack related just has to be so dark and sad, doesn't it? :p First the team rocket kills a cubone's mother, then there's the idea of a cubone's skull belonging to its mother, and now another pokemon stealing it's life force and forcing an evolution into the undead? Poor, poor cubone.

In all seriousness, I like the idea, but I don't think that's how it will play out. Still, credit for the creativity!

Back