• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon tcg game compared to pokemon tcg now.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    how differient is playing pokemon tcg for gbc than the actual pokemon tcg now? I just started playing the pokemon tcg but i have nobody to play with so i play the tcg gbc game.will i beable to play the card game with other people or are the rules differnet now from the gbc game.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    it means for GameBoy Color

Years
    how differient is playing pokemon tcg for gbc than the actual pokemon tcg now? I just started playing the pokemon tcg but i have nobody to play with so i play the tcg gbc game.will i beable to play the card game with other people or are the rules differnet now from the gbc game.

The thing is, there have been some rule changes since the GBC game was released 10/11 years ago, but the way the game is designed is very similar to what it was 10 years ago.

I recommend visiting this link from the official site to reteach yourself and see what tweaks have been made to the basic game:
    https://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/how-to-play/

If you want to play in Organized Play tournaments, only cards from the sets released after Diamond & Pearl: Great Encounters, are play legal. DP: Great Encounters itself is not actually play legal in Organized Play. They rotate cards to keep a balance in the game that allows new players to easily get into Organized Play without needing to find an ultra-rare card from a set that was last printed 10 years ago in order to win.

Hope this helped some. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I never got my hands on a copy of the tcg game for the gameboy, but I've heard it's really fun even if it is a little outdated. I'm sure it will get you a little more familiar with the game rules, but the link donavannj included is the best way to learn (though it is outdated as well, it uses rotated cards but it serves its purpose).
    So just keep in mind when you're playing the gameboy game that it isn't going to give you a totally up to date lesson on the tcg. The best way to learn is of course to practice with others, have you looked for a league in your area?

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    thx for the info. there probily isnt any league where i live we don't even get high speed internet out here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    You may as well check anyway, pokemon puts together a list of official leagues and displays them according to how far away they are from you: https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/events/

If real life practice isn't an option for you, there is always RedShark. You can download it and another program called Hamachi and play online, someone else will have to show you where to find other players because I rarely use it.

Years
    I'm in a similar sitution too, I want to start out too. Where is the best place to buy Pokemon Cards? I'm from the UK.

Back