• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon TCG help.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Hi I was wondering if i should start to get in to pokemon again I've played the games but I don't have to much experience with the card game. I have a deck but it's not very good. At my local target they have x and y cards and black and white for 12.99 each. Should get back in to pokemon? Also how old is to old for pokemon? How do I make a successful deck with out spending a lot of money?

Years
  • It's up to you whether you want to get back into it or not, but I'd recommend it as long as you have people who'll play with you. You're never too old to play, and if people are saying you are too old, they're being a bit silly and clinging to stereotypes. The game is deeper than most people think it is, and it can be very deep and hard to learn even for many of the adults I know.

Are you planning on going to tournaments? That dictates how much money you'll have to spend on decks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I don't plan on going to tournaments. But I would like to get back onto it. What deck do you recommend?

Years
  • Well, to learn to play and understand the turn structure a little better, buy the Black & White Trainer Kit.

As for the other theme decks, I have no idea because I don't actually pay a whole lot of attention to how good they are against each other and i pay more attention to which decks get which Trainer cards.

There was a theme deck from 4 or 5 sets back that had a good Reshiram card printed in it, though.

Back